• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Scapia drastically reducing credit limit.

harish6704

TF Neo
Scapia card is reducing limit. Mine got reduced from from 10L to 1.4L. Others also reported the same.
Yes.. Recently I got the sms from federal Bank , that your revised limit is now 1 lac ..the scapia federal card was issued to me limit of 6.50 lac ..even paying with an adequate manner they reduced the credit limit by stated as per our policy your credit limit is now 1 lac only .☹️

This is what actually happened 👇👇👇

*Scapia thought in her mind that all applicants are travellers and they may even haven't time to spend much time with their family

*Without thinking twice, without usage of her brain, she started to throw the credit limit

*She expected that she will earn a good income through the applicants/card holders 🙃

*She shocked the usage pattern of her lovely customers

*She recognised her mistake and repented

*She discussed about this with her family members and friends

*Friends adviced Scapia to massage/malish ghutna

*Now Scapia's brain starts to work and came with good solution 👍

*She showed who she is to who neglected her

To know the solution, read the thread and other comments 😄

vega

TF Premier
Scapia card is reducing limit. Mine got reduced from from 10L to 1.4L. Others also reported the same.
Yes same, reduced from 4.4L to 1L.
Don't cry for moon, if you only want to treasure it.

sources told Inc42 that Scapia received a directive from Federal Bank to lower the credit card limit or even disable the cards of some users who have not been transacting actively.

“There is a possibility that the decision was taken against those customers whose credit scores have not been on par with the norms of credit card issuance by CIBIL,” the sources told Inc42.

Random123

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Don't cry for moon, if you only want to treasure it.

sources told Inc42 that Scapia received a directive from Federal Bank to lower the credit card limit or even disable the cards of some users who have not been transacting actively.

“There is a possibility that the decision was taken against those customers whose credit scores have not been on par with the norms of credit card issuance by CIBIL,” the sources told Inc42.

Hi sorry didn't get the context of your first sentence. Thanks for sharing the article

But I believe there were few things they could have done better.
1. They mentioned they got directive from federal, so maybe sent intimation before primarily because it is used for international a lot and could affect someone who might be depending on this card. Though RBL and Kotak did the same, probably most users might not be in scenario where this card is their primary driver without alternative. Basically they should have thought of their focus groups which are mostly international travelers
2. I think they gave 10-20% above the highest limit reported in CIBIL during onboarding where they could have been more conservative rather than this sudden drastic decrease for reduction of credit exposure

Definitely some good things were soft cibil check, giving reason for decline, unlimited domestic lounge access and simple UI for app.

Just some thoughts about this whole scenario, at the end it is all on the partner bank discretion and also now with RBI guidelines about the weightage, so nothing much to do other than close if not useful or keep it just for small purchases since it is LTF

Last edited:

vega

TF Premier
Hi sorry didn't get the context of your first sentence.
People are crying over something that is not feasible.

If the creditor has given you the limit in lakhs, and your utilization is not even in thousands, then why cry?

The credit must translate into revenue for the lender, but these people were keeping it as a treasure 😀, just for viewing.😜

Baat wahi hai ki, ek bandook hai, par chalti nahi, kyun, kyunki chalane aati nahi, to liya kyun?

chnleo

TF Select
I have already requested them to cancel my card. From 10L to 1.4L not at all digestable! I took this card to overseas travel. I am using this card well and made overseas spends too. I was planning to buy Mac Book and iphone pro Max at Malaysia next month valued at 4L. What can I spend with 1.4L now???? Brainless idiots! How many are on the way to cancel scapia cards?

VicksJ

TF Select
I have already requested them to cancel my card. From 10L to 1.4L not at all digestable! I took this card to overseas travel. I am using this card well and made overseas spends too. I was planning to buy Mac Book and iphone pro Max at Malaysia next month valued at 4L. What can I spend with 1.4L now???? Brainless idiots! How many are on the way to cancel scapia cards?
I am also thinking on closing the card, but I read somewhere that federal will blacklist and not give another card in future. yours is still 1.4L, mine is reduced to 20k from 10L

chnleo

TF Select
I am also thinking on closing the card, but I read somewhere that federal will blacklist and not give another card in future. yours is still 1.4L, mine is reduced to 20k from 10L
I have axis with 10L, Citi with 16L and hdfc 7L. Why should I reapply from this useless bank? I had applied only for zero forex since I travel. Meaning less now!