• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak is not reducing my credit card limit

cc24x7

TF Premier
Kotak is not reducing my credit card limit, I have a Kotak Rupay Platinum league card with a Limit of more than 10 lacs, and I am requesting Kotak to reduce this limit to 3 lacs only
This dumb customer care is telling me there is no offer for you to revise my credit limit.

I do not want that much limit on my Rupay card and 3 lacs is enough for me hence I am asking then to reduce the limit and every time they reply the same reason and not reducing my card limit
What to do? can I write to PNO about this issue?

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Kotak is not reducing my credit card limit, I have a Kotak Rupay Platinum league card with a Limit of more than 10 lacs, and I am requesting Kotak to reduce this limit to 3 lacs only
This dumb customer care is telling me there is no offer for you to revise my credit limit.

I do not want that much limit on my Rupay card and 3 lacs is enough for me hence I am asking then to reduce the limit and every time they reply the same reason and not reducing my card limit
Any reason for reducing limit. You can always control spends settings via app.
I don't see any point in doing this.
High limit means less utilisation ratio and in future can also work for c2c apply.

cc24x7

TF Premier
Any reason for reducing limit. You can always control spends settings via app.
I don't see any point in doing this.
High limit means less utilisation ratio and in future can also work for c2c apply.
In CBIL my total card limits crossed 1.34 crs, and hence I am reducing limits,
I was trying to apply to SBI Aurum and the Relationship manager told me that I have high exposure to credit limits and that is the reason they are not going to consider my Aurum card application, She has suggested closing unwanted cards and also reducing existing card limits if I am not using that particular card limit.
So far I reduced
SC from 9.5 lacs to 5 lacs
OneCard 10 lacs to 2 lacs
RBL 8.5 lacs to 3 lacs, also closed 2nd RBL card
Amex 12 lacs card closed. still have 2 AMEX cards
PNB 5 lacs to 1 lacs
Axis Magnus 10 lacs card closed, now holding only airtel
CITI from 6.4 lacs to 1.5 lacs

Kotak I have three cards with a shared limit of 10+ lacs, So I want to reduce all three card limits to 3 lacs only even its shared limit.

I have been doing this activity since Nov23 and so far score has increased from 803 to 818, I am not much worried about my score as long as it's above 800

Last edited:

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
SBI cards in my opinion is the most backward institution who uses ancient old methods for underwriting and risk. They are always scared of tiny little things. 2.5 lakhs is the limit they offer on AURUM to begin with. Reducing existing limits for AURUM is not advisory considering SBI cards risk appetite. And denying an application stating higher credit exposure without defaults and CIBIL 800+ should tell you what standards they maintain . :)

simplegarv

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

People here ask for ways to get CL Increase and you are here to ask for CL Decrease.

telescope

TF Ace
I was trying to apply to SBI Aurum and the Relationship manager told me that I have high exposure to credit limits and that is the reason they are not going to consider my Aurum card application, She has suggested closing unwanted cards and also reducing existing card limits if I am not using that particular card limit.
So far I reduced
PNB 5 lacs to 1 lacs

Kotak I have three cards with a shared limit of 10+ lacs, So I want to reduce all three card limits to 3 lacs only even its shared limit.

I have been doing this activity since Nov23 and so far score has increased from 803 to 818, I am not much worried about my score as long as it's above 800
Is SBI really worth reducing your limits like this? Just think about it.

If it's for sbi offer you want to keep sbi cc, then you can apply in the name of family member.

SBI aurum is not that good IMO.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Is she Nagma?
Anyway, why do you want to get Aurum, any special reason? All those benefits you can get from other cards. This card doesn't deserve the annual charges because of no renewal benefits.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
So far I reduced
PNB 5 lacs to 1 lacs

This is an excellent idea, not just to get the SBI card, but in general.
Everyone who is over leveraged must do this

You don't need huge CLs especially on useless cards.
Just maintain high CLs on 2 to 3 main cards and rest of all can be about 2 to 3L is enough..

Well done @cc24×7 ,
This is the most meaningful, relevant and correct post I had come across in my 8.5K + messages long TF journey..

You need to maintain your CC portfolio very neat and tidy just like anything in life..

Best wishes

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Isn't it counterintuitive to what we have been reading so far?

Increase limit --> reduce utilisation --> CIBIL will increase

But here it is quite opposite

Decrease limit --> Increase utilisation --> CIBIL Increased from 808 to 818

This world is quite a deceptive place :ROFLMAO:
No , not at all.. there are many misconceptions about how cibil works

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
This is an excellent idea, not just to get the SBI card, but in general.
Everyone who is over leveraged must do this

You don't need huge CLs especially on useless cards.
Just maintain high CLs on 2 to 3 main cards and rest of all can be about 2 to 3L is enough..

Well done @cc24×7 ,
This is the most meaningful and correct post I had come across on my 8.5K messages TF journey..
Best wishes
Yes, only Infinia needs 10L . rest you can decrease :ROFLMAO: