• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak is not reducing my credit card limit

cc24x7

TF Premier
Kotak is not reducing my credit card limit, I have a Kotak Rupay Platinum league card with a Limit of more than 10 lacs, and I am requesting Kotak to reduce this limit to 3 lacs only
This dumb customer care is telling me there is no offer for you to revise my credit limit.

I do not want that much limit on my Rupay card and 3 lacs is enough for me hence I am asking then to reduce the limit and every time they reply the same reason and not reducing my card limit
What to do? can I write to PNO about this issue?

#aniket

TF Ace
In CBIL my total card limits crossed 1.34 crs, and hence I am reducing limits,
I was trying to apply to SBI Aurum and the Relationship manager told me that I have high exposure to credit limits and that is the reason they are not going to consider my Aurum card application, She has suggested closing unwanted cards and also reducing existing card limits if I am not using that particular card limit.
So far I reduced
SC from 9.5 lacs to 5 lacs
OneCard 10 lacs to 2 lacs
RBL 8.5 lacs to 3 lacs, also closed 2nd RBL card
Amex 12 lacs card closed. still have 2 AMEX cards
PNB 5 lacs to 1 lacs
Axis Magnus 10 lacs card closed, now holding only airtel
CITI from 6.4 lacs to 1.5 lacs

Kotak I have three cards with a shared limit of 10+ lacs, So I want to reduce all three card limits to 3 lacs only even its shared limit.

I have been doing this activity since Nov23 and so far score has increased from 803 to 818, I am not much worried about my score as long as it's above 800
Close your card, grab arum card and then again reactivate your Kotak Card.

It would be better to close two less prioritised card and have one card.

#aniket

TF Ace
Kotak is not reducing my credit card limit, I have a Kotak Rupay Platinum league card with a Limit of more than 10 lacs, and I am requesting Kotak to reduce this limit to 3 lacs only
This dumb customer care is telling me there is no offer for you to revise my credit limit.

I do not want that much limit on my Rupay card and 3 lacs is enough for me hence I am asking then to reduce the limit and every time they reply the same reason and not reducing my card limit
Raise your complaint through the website from level 1 to 3, hope it will get fixed. And yes you can raise your complain to PNO, but make sure you have SRN already so as to quote on the mail which will be sent to PNO.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I was trying to apply to SBI Aurum and the Relationship manager told me that I have high exposure to credit limits and that is the reason they are not going to consider my Aurum card application, She has suggested closing unwanted cards and also reducing existing card limits if I am not using that particular card limit.
So far I reduced
PNB 5 lacs to 1 lacs

Kotak I have three cards with a shared limit of 10+ lacs, So I want to reduce all three card limits to 3 lacs only even its shared limit.

I have been doing this activity since Nov23 and so far score has increased from 803 to 818, I am not much worried about my score as long as it's above 800
Where do you see the total available credit limit on CIBIL? It used to be visible but disappeared a few months back.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

As many of us know, we can decrease the limit in the App like this:

1706256092315.png

Now it is showing my CL in the home page as 50k only…
In all probability this new reduced limit will be reported to CIBIL, I had read once somewhere in the forum about ICICI doing this..
I strongly believe it’s the same case with Kotak as well. Anyway I reduced my CL now and it will be reported as on 31/01/2024 . Will update here once it is reported in the first week of next month…

IMG-20240126-WA0010.jpg

Last edited:

D₹V

TF Prestige
So far I reduced
PNB 5 lacs to 1 lacs

You're doing great 😃👍.

But there is highly chance that SBI will reject your aurum application saying over leveraged 🤣.

Tensor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So far I reduced
PNB 5 lacs to 1 lacs

What you're doing is fine, you should always fine tune your credit profile as per your needs. But why Aurum.. That card is mediocre at best. Also, SBI Card is known for poor customer service. I would suggest you to stay away from SBI Card.

sjmajumder

TF Ace
Batao gajab gajab problem h

By the way knowledgeable thread h

Jaise mere cards mai limit h

Hey bhagwan OP jaise problem mujhe bhi de inti limit de ki pareshan ho jau
1.3 Cr is easy I guess. I never requested to any CC ever to increase any of my credit limit, yet incidentally I too have 1.3 Cr 😁😁😁

Attachments

• IMG_20240126_200444.jpg
    IMG_20240126_200444.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 109

knight

TF Ace
As many of us know, we can decrease the limit in the App like this:

1706256092315.png

Now it is showing my CL in the home page as 50k only…
In all probability this new reduced limit will be reported to CIBIL, I had read once somewhere in the forum about ICICI doing this..
I strongly believe it’s the same case with Kotak as well. Anyway I reduced my CL now and it will be reported as on 31/01/2024 . Will update here once it is reported in the first week of next month…

IMG-20240126-WA0010.jpg
@cc24x7 This is correct.
You can modify Kotak limit in app and the same will be reported to CIBIL next time. (30-90 days)

I have tested this over the last few months and it worked.

dungeonMaster

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Who closes amex for sbi 👀
I've been also trying for sbi vistara prime for 3 consecutive quarters, but no success 💀
Earlier was getting upgrade to elite card on my cashback card, but didn't find that card useful so didn't upgraded.