• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Unipay: Credit Card Bill Payments Failed - Customers Struggle with Refunds

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have received my refund after just two working days since the transaction day. I am happy with the fast processing time, and I think I can claim to be the fastest refund receiver. My transaction was made on April 6th, and today, I received an email from merchant@sbi.co.in stating that the refund has been successfully credited. I am now hoping that HDFC Bank will credit my money by the end of tomorrow, April 10th, 2024.

Here are the steps I took to get my refund quickly:

1. I took a screenshot of the SBI UNIPAY page, which showed that payment was debited. I sent an email to support.unipay@sbi.co.in, support.bbps@sbi.co.in, rinb.customer@sbi.co.in, and cm2it.cms@sbi.co.in, attaching the screenshot. Luckily, only BBPS SBI responded to me within 11 minutes. They said that the refund would come in 3-5 working days.
2. I was not sure about this, so I also emailed the HDFC Classic Banking Desk and HDFC Support. I then emailed the Nodal Officer to inform both parties to reverse my refund back. Despite this, I was still not convinced, so I emailed merchant@sbi.co.in. I also copied agmcustomer.lhomah@sbi.co.in and blind copied bbps.ops@npci.org.in and bbps@npci.org.in.
3. After that, I tweeted on Twitter to the BBPS (Bharat Bill Payment Service) Page. They took some screenshots from me and said to wait for some time. Later on, the SBI Merchant email ID responded to me with a screenshot.

I made sure to email every possible contact with HDFC Bank, SBI, and BBPS to speed up the refund process.

@sxchzy Thank You for this E-mail merchant@sbi.co.in it worked for me.
You will not be happy when I tell you doing anything or not did not make a difference in this case.
SBI processed refunds on their own. Many got refunds even though they did absolutely nothing.

blew

TF Buzz
Received a refund for transaction of 75k done on 23rd march via hdfc DC. Also, surprised to see that DC points were still there so redeemed them. Let's see if they deduct the dc points back.

Transaction date: 28th Mar
Refund Date: 9th Apr

Sent several mails. No response on any of them. Not sure of sending mails actually helps.