• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Unipay: Credit Card Bill Payments Failed - Customers Struggle with Refunds

yobro

TF Select
Many people are facing problems with SBI Unipay, a bill payment portal of State Bank Of India.

The Problem:
1. Few customers paid their credit card bills via the SBI Unity portal. Payment was deducted from their bank account (payment was successful), but the bill payment failed. According to SBI Unipay, customers should get their refund within 3 to 4 working days, but even after 10 days, many people didn't receive their refund.
2. Such failed transactions are not showing on the Unipay portal, so customers cannot directly file complaints on the same portal (you have to select the transaction to raise a complaint).
3. The email ID mentioned on the Unipay portal is not responding to customer emails. Even after 3 or 4 follow-ups, there has been no reply, not even an automatic reply from SBI. Customers are helpless and trying to contact SBI on Twitter, but still, their issue is not getting resolved.

Surprisingly, this Unipay portal is not a startup; it is a part of State Bank of India, India's largest bank (in terms of number of total customers). Such an act is not expected from a bank like SBI.

Here is how you can contact SBI Unity to resolve your issue:
  1. Tag SBI and post your issue on X (Twitter).
  2. Email your issue to rinb.customer@sbi.co.in
Hopefully, your problem will be resolved. If SBI still does not solve your problem, you can file a complaint with the RBI.
How to file a complaint with the RBI? Step-by-step guide, click here.

Don't forget to ask for compensation as per the RBI guidelines RBI/2019-20/67 DPSS.CO.PD No.629/02.01.014/2019-20 dated September 20, 2019. You can ask for Rs. 100 per day compensation if the refund doesn't happen within 5 days after making the transaction. Here is the screenshot of the guidelines
Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 11.04.00 AM.png
(PDF copy attached)
In T+5 days what is T?

Vignesh M

TF Select
Just my experience with UNIPAY!!

tried to pay H-D-F-C cc bill using R-B-L spdc on 26 mar for value of 20k (after testing for 1000 which was processed successfully) and it failed.

waited and received refund to my bank account on 8th apr (No escalation or customer care help sought)

Paid H-D-F-C cc bill again on 9th apr - processed successfully - credited to cc on 13th ( 3 working days)
Paid S-B-I cc bill on 10th apr - processed successfully- credited to cc instantly.

I think BBPS and sumhow axis bills are credited instantly whereas others take time.

bigbyte

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have also made rs. 100 test payment to hdfc today, transaction is successful. Now the wait for credit starts, paid via dc.

Astraea

TF Premier
On April 9th, I made a ₹15,000 payment for my Kotak credit card using the card method. However, while entering the OTP, the payment page showed ₹15,000, but the failed transaction on Unipay only reflected ₹150. I'm uncertain about what steps to take next. I plan to wait until next Wednesday before considering filing a chargeback for the full amount and escalating the issue to the regional head of SBI.

leonneel

TF Premier
On April 9th, I made a ₹15,000 payment for my Kotak credit card using the card method. However, while entering the OTP, the payment page showed ₹15,000, but the failed transaction on Unipay only reflected ₹150. I'm uncertain about what steps to take next. I plan to wait until next Wednesday before considering filing a chargeback for the full amount and escalating the issue to the regional head of SBI.
Same happened to me and got the refund of full amount after 2 weeks. My txn was 50k but failed txn showed 500.00