• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Prime vs Any suggestion

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
I'm looking for a good card for utility, insurance, Dmart, and offline shopping.
Came across SBI Prime which is 2999/- annually.

I fit all my offline requirements. 5% reward rate for SI of utilities and insurance premiums. 2.5% reward rate for groceries, dining, and departmental stores.
Redgirraffe removed SBI from rent payments but except for a few premiums, cards' rent is getting devalued anyway so doesn't matter.
My expenses are roughly 3L so will get an annual fee waiver too. And if I ever get to 5L then will get 7000rs vouchers.
It also gives 9CV/100rs on flights. Although I have another card for flights.
Did a rough calculation of estimation and I can squeeze out a rewards rate of 4.5-5% per year.

I considered Axis Ace, but it has slightly lower rate for offline spends, nothing on insurance, no milestones, and I don't like GPay.
Any other card to compete with this one? My budget is 3k/year, max 5k/year if it's worth it.

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
Discontinued since long
Since when? I downloaded their brochure from their site, and the details of getting 20 points/100rs on standing instructions are still written. Do you get nothing on utilities and insurance or 10 points instead of 20?

If that's true will need to look for separate cards for offline shopping, dining, utilities, and insurance premiums. Or have to make peace with GPay and use Ace.

Last edited:

SiddharthR

TF Ace
Since when? I downloaded their brochure from their site, and the details of getting 20 points/100rs on standing instructions are still written. Do you get nothing on utilities and insurance or 10 points instead of 20?
That's outdated, try calling CS once before applying and confirm if you will get 20RP on SIs or not.
And on normal utility, you'll get 2 RP(Base Reward rate)
If that's true will need to look for separate cards for offline shopping, dining, utilities, and insurance premiums. Or have to make peace with GPay and use Ace.
Cashback SBI (Utilities, Online) & SBI Prime (Offline) is perfect for your spends.

pankajsammal

TF Buzz
Also as for grocery metro, Walmart and reliance are excluded from accelerated rewards. So you need to remember to not shop at these places.

I closed my prime card due to this last month as I had reliance market near me and the card was useless there.

paresh22

TF Ace
Also as for grocery metro, Walmart and reliance are excluded from accelerated rewards. So you need to remember to not shop at these places.

I closed my prime card due to this last month as I had reliance market near me and the card was useless there.
This is useful for me. I also have this card. Once used Reliance offline and was confused about whether I got 10x RPs or not but ignored as I getting 10x on DMart offline also. I will remember now that Reliance offline will not give 10x. For reliance better use any cashback card.

Adwait

TF Select
Get bob snapdeal card which gives 2.5% cashback as statement credit on all online and grocery, departmental store including reliance and Dmart.
Max cashback 500 per month which is good.
At annual fee of just Rs. 249+Taxes.

Rockz08

TF Buzz
U can even consider SBI Bpcl octane credit card we will get 10rp on 100rs spent on dining, departmental stores grocery, movies further 25 rp for fuel on bpcl pumps nd Annual spend 2l for a fee waiver