• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI DC downgraded after expiry

RM95

TF Select
Hi,
Earlier I had a Platinum mastercard DC from SBI that expired a couple of months back (didn't notice since I use it once a quarter) but SBI didn't send me a replacement DC.
I had to apply for a DC through Yono and only got Global variants (Rupay, Visa, MC), which seems like a downgrade from the earlier Platinum variant.
I maintain an AQB > 2L in that account.

Can I get a better DC variant? I don't see any option other than Global on Yono? Interested in Rupay Select Platinum.

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
Hi,
Earlier I had a Platinum mastercard DC from SBI that expired a couple of months back (didn't notice since I use it once a quarter) but SBI didn't send me a replacement DC.
I had to apply for a DC through Yono and only got Global variants (Rupay, Visa, MC), which seems like a downgrade from the earlier Platinum variant.

Can I get a better DC variant? I don't see any option other than Global on Yono? Interested in Rupay Select Platinum.
Cannot apply through yono/net banking Visit Branch

D₹V

TF Prestige
Hi,

You downgraded it yourself & saying in title that 'SBI DC downgraded after expiry'

Lol

cardio_guy

TF Ace
My ATM card is expiring in Dec 2023. Does SBI send the new card automatically, or do we need to follow up?
Also, can we ask for any specific card variant, or they send the same one that we have?
When I checked in the branch, they told that they are not in control of the new card reissue. Whom to contact?

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
My ATM card is expiring in Dec 2023. Does SBI send the new card automatically, or do we need to follow up?
Also, can we ask for any specific card variant, or they send the same one that we have?
When I checked in the branch, they told that they are not in control of the new card reissue. Whom to contact?
99% they send new dc automatically
You can request new dc through yono or Netbanking

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
thanks. Is there any fee difference between I request via net banking and they send it automatically?
(both are chargeable?)
If you request you can choose available variant in the list if you have visa you
can apply master or rupay
Both are chargeble

Last edited:

Sourabh_13

TF Premier
When my DC was near expiry (about a month), I called customer care and requested them to give new DC on the rupay network. Initial response from the customer care was positive, as he said that it can be done and that is without issuance charges, but then while registering this request, he told me that the new card has already been dispatched.

So, it seemed that it was possible to get the RuPay DC, but either I was late to ask for it or surprisingly, SBI was on-time to dispatch the new card.

cardio_guy

TF Ace
When my DC was near expiry (about a month), I called customer care and requested them to give new DC on the rupay network. Initial response from the customer care was positive, as he said that it can be done and that is without issuance charges, but then while registering this request, he told me that the new card has already been dispatched.

So, it seemed that it was possible to get the RuPay DC, but either I was late to ask for it or surprisingly, SBI was on-time to dispatch the new card.
Thanks, I just called the customer care 18001234. Looks like they have issued / despatched a new card just yesterday :)
It is a mastercard global variant. This issuance is free of charge but there is 125+GST as AMC.
If we block/close this card and request for a new card, then we have to pay 300+GST for the new card.
Better I thought to leave it like this only. Thanks!