• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Savings account with premium benefits

SAS

TF Select
I have idfc wealth account.
Journey -
1. Got zero MAB offer on account opening.
2. Opened account...I was given one RM
3. He got it converted to select.
4. After 3-4 months, I asked for wealth variant...RM asked me to add 1 lac around before processing.
5. It was converted to wealth.
6. Total 6 - 7 months it took...
bhai can you just simply explain like presently i have 25k account and i want to upgrade it to top most variant ..... can that come with 0 AMB ??? i can do initial fundings and can keep it for few days .... please suggest and my main concern is to get a credit card upgrade like do they give select or wealth LTF ???

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
bhai can you just simply explain like presently i have 25k account and i want to upgrade it to top most variant ..... can that come with 0 AMB ??? i can do initial fundings and can keep it for few days .... please suggest and my main concern is to get a credit card upgrade like do they give select or wealth LTF ???
Yes, top most variant of card can be zero MAB. In my case i had 10k account with zero MAB as an offer for opening account. So when it upgraded to Select or wealth eventually it remained zero MAB. For upgrade I added funds in my account as suggested by the RM.
In your case, 25 account is zero MAB or not? If not, check with your RM and ask for this.

About credit cards, there has been no support from the bank account status. I am stuck with Select CC.

Reactions: SAS

Riya Sharma

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I don't think it is worth it to keep that much MAB in IDFC. They are poor in the customer service department, no rewards, credit cards are easily obtainable anyway and not that good, less branches and atms, even the forex fee is not competitive. I would prefer IndusInd over IDFC.

SAS

TF Select
I don't think it is worth it to keep that much MAB in IDFC. They are poor in the customer service department, no rewards, credit cards are easily obtainable anyway and not that good, less branches and atms, even the forex fee is not competitive. I would prefer IndusInd over IDFC.
thanks a lot for the info and which account indusind do you prefer

SAS

TF Select
Yes, top most variant of card can be zero MAB. In my case i had 10k account with zero MAB as an offer for opening account. So when it upgraded to Select or wealth eventually it remained zero MAB. For upgrade I added funds in my account as suggested by the RM.
In your case, 25 account is zero MAB or not? If not, check with your RM and ask for this.

About credit cards, there has been no support from the bank account status. I am stuck with Select CC.
so should i request my RM for making my 25k zero balance account or shall i directly go for select account ??? and then ask for 0 AMB

Riya Sharma

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
so should i request my RM for making my 25k zero balance account or shall i directly go for select account ??? and then ask for 0 AMB
sure. no harm in trying. And you have an RM for your 25k account? I have the exclusive account and maintain 2 lakh and still have no rm lol

SAS

TF Select
sure. no harm in trying. And you have an RM for your 25k account? I have the exclusive account and maintain 2 lakh and still have no rm lol
yeah i have rm for 25k accnt
and by the way to open select or wealth how much balance we should maintain and for how many days we should maintain when can it be 0 AMB do you ahve any idea ?

Riya Sharma

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
i have heard that for indus ind delight 0 balance account they have a debit card whcih gives 1% CB on credit card bill paymnts ??? are you aware of it
Yes I think you can apply for that Debit card through Delight account. It will have fees of 500 a year though and will not be 0 forex

ATTAR

TF Buzz
i have heard that for indus ind delight 0 balance account they have a debit card whcih gives 1% CB on credit card bill paymnts ??? are you aware of it
Rs 150 cashback was available for credit card bill payment per month till April 30 , not its not available in month of May

Akshay Ajmera

TF Select
Can any one suggest any savings account which comes with low MAB and give us free debit card, free sms charge etc.
I initially opened idfc first select account with 25k balance. I use to maintain good balance in the account approx (3-5 lakh). Almost after a year they upgrade it to wealth account With same mab.

Also, you can try indusind exclusive. It come ltf by indusind pinnacle credit card. Recently I read with someone thread, that person applied for indusind iconia amex credit card which comes at a joining fees of 3500, then it's ltf. He got his credit card upgrade offer almost after 2-3 yrs later. With that now he use exclusive account as zero balance account

SAS

TF Select
I initially opened idfc first select account with 25k balance. I use to maintain good balance in the account approx (3-5 lakh). Almost after a year they upgrade it to wealth account With same mab
maintaining 3 to 5 lakhs monthly average for 1 year ... wooooow thats great, by the way did you got any pre approval credit card offers ?? if yes then which card and how much limit you got