• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Salary Account suggestions

devilbingo

TF Buzz
Which bank is the best to open a Salary account in amongst Kotak, HDFC, Axis and SBI. Net monthly salary will be around 1.2L, accounts being given by each banks are mentioned below:

Kotak - Creme Plus

SBI - Platinum

Axis - Priority

HDFC - Classic

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Which bank is the best to open a Salary account in amongst Kotak, HDFC, Axis and SBI. Net monthly salary will be around 1.2L, accounts being given by each banks are mentioned below:

Kotak - Creme Plus

SBI - Platinum

Axis - Priority

HDFC - Classic
Get axis.
U can leverage to get good cc

Hdfc classic banking is easy to get .

Sbi - if u want home loan .
But after merger even hdfc is giving so much home loan.

Go for axis. You will get the Axis Priority account for the mentioned salary. Benefits:

1. NEFT/RTGS/IMPS - Free
2. Bank Locker - 50% Discount Lifetime for Small and Medium Size Lockers and 25% discount on Large and Extra-Large size Lockers. Price would vary based on the branch type (Urban, Semi-Urban and Rural)
3. Within 3 months of opening the account, if you do a minimum of 15 transactions (select online & POS transactions considered) of INR 5,000 or more each on Priority Debit Card and also maintain Priority Program eligibility criteria, you will get Taj Epicure Membership. Both conditions need to be met for you to qualify.
4. As a Priority Customer, you can apply for a complimentary Privilege Credit Card. Joining fee is 2500+GST which you can negotiate. Annual fee of Rs. 1500 will be waived off from second year onwards, every year, only if you achieve spends of Rs 2.5 lacs on the card in that anniversary year (spends will need to be achieved each year for waiver). You can negotiate annual fees as well.

InfinitePi

TF Buzz
whats your expectation from salary account?
Better benefits in terms of cards/cashback and also customer support should be good. My current one is in AU SFB (RM is non responsive), had previous one in HDFC (some years ago) but it's staff was rude and incompetent.
So, I am thinking to move to HSBC or RBL or if someone can suggest some other which is better.

InfinitePi

TF Buzz
hate to dissapoint to you, but same applicable in all banks.

You need good responsive RM. Note: It depends on person not bank and may work at one branch and non responsive at other branch.

Some branches respect and value customer, some just through whatever information they can get.

Even if I say, HSBC is good, doesn't mean your assigned RM also good and responsive, its just my experience on this branch, this state, comparatively good. Thats it, again if RM changed I'm not sure will I get similar experience again.

And for cards/cashback it depends on debit card and credit card.. which you can obtain without salary account in that bank.

Suggestion, unless you have >3L pm salary, stick to a bank where you're ok with their mobile or netbanking, less downtimes, able to call (resolve or not resolve issue secondary).

Remaining all your issue are related to humans, which changes according to their mood.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I'm expecting my salary to go 3L within some time, in that case which bank should be best.?

helloworld

TF Legend
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I'm expecting my salary to go 3L within some time, in that case which bank should be best.?

RMs, Customer Support, Staff - Depends on branch and mood of the people we're interacting, unless you gave them enough business (like ULIPS, business, heavy forex trades, regular funds, large amount in savings etc.)

-- for a normal who looking for 0 balance salary account to get salary credits person, do not expect much in this department.

To get better results in this you need to have good rapo with RM, BM etc. entirely possible on any bank as long as you gave them business.

Better benefits in terms of cards/cashback

-- for a person earning 3L pm, all cards are possible without banking relationship with little persistance and proper follow-ups.

and for this nowadays, even 25k MAB accounts enough.

HSBC not good with mobile banking but support wise personally neither satisfied nor disapointed like I said its personal opinion, in forum you'll get their personal opinion like ICICI is good or Axis good because they get good experience from that branch not from bank.

Stick to a bank where you're ok with their mobile or netbanking, less downtimes, able to call (resolve or not resolve issue secondary).

Need a card or benefits, recommendation for 3L/m: HSBC Premier, AXIS Burgundy, StanC priority (but very delayed support), IndusInd

And whoever says that 20-100% locker fee, do note that they won't provide in Urban or semi-urban areas easily without ULIP, so ignore this benefit.

InfinitePi

TF Buzz
RMs, Customer Support, Staff - Depends on branch and mood of the people we're interacting, unless you gave them enough business (like ULIPS, business, heavy forex trades, regular funds, large amount in savings etc.)

-- for a normal who looking for 0 balance salary account to get salary credits person, do not expect much in this department.

To get better results in this you need to have good rapo with RM, BM etc. entirely possible on any bank as long as you gave them business.

Better benefits in terms of cards/cashback

-- for a person earning 3L pm, all cards are possible without banking relationship with little persistance and proper follow-ups.

and for this nowadays, even 25k MAB accounts enough.

HSBC not good with mobile banking but support wise personally neither satisfied nor disapointed like I said its personal opinion, in forum you'll get their personal opinion like ICICI is good or Axis good because they get good experience from that branch not from bank.

Stick to a bank where you're ok with their mobile or netbanking, less downtimes, able to call (resolve or not resolve issue secondary).

Need a card or benefits, recommendation for 3L/m: HSBC Premier, AXIS Burgundy, StanC priority (but very delayed support), IndusInd

And whoever says that 20-100% locker fee, do note that they won't provide in Urban or semi-urban areas easily without ULIP, so ignore this benefit.
Thanks, i will check them out.

Go for axis. You will get the Axis Priority account for the mentioned salary. Benefits:

1. NEFT/RTGS/IMPS - Free
2. Bank Locker - 50% Discount Lifetime for Small and Medium Size Lockers and 25% discount on Large and Extra-Large size Lockers. Price would vary based on the branch type (Urban, Semi-Urban and Rural)
3. Within 3 months of opening the account, if you do a minimum of 15 transactions (select online & POS transactions considered) of INR 5,000 or more each on Priority Debit Card and also maintain Priority Program eligibility criteria, you will get Taj Epicure Membership. Both conditions need to be met for you to qualify.
4. As a Priority Customer, you can apply for a complimentary Privilege Credit Card. Joining fee is 2500+GST which you can negotiate. Annual fee of Rs. 1500 will be waived off from second year onwards, every year, only if you achieve spends of Rs 2.5 lacs on the card in that anniversary year (spends will need to be achieved each year for waiver). You can negotiate annual fees as well.
Still applicable or devaluation happening on Salary accounts as well!