• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Retention for Magnus

SM24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I called just now.

Was told there is no retention offer on my card.
Called at 3.45pm again.

This agent said he’d check and get back.

Because I was maintaining good balance or had used the card well (didn’t hear him well), the agent said as a goodwill gesture they will deposit 10K points in my account within 24 hours.

So smoking points out using HUCA is indeed at play !

Thanks to the folks who suggested Hanging Up and Calling Again.

amajethia

TF Buzz
Called day before yesterday. They denied 5 times. I politely said I was asking as I am planning to close my card because of the devaluation. They tried not to offer me the retention and when I said no issues, I will close my card by the end of this month, they took my request and I got 10k yesterday.

Oksiva

TF Buzz
I tried today and AXIS CC said offer is not available for my card. When asking why, they said it is available on phases and might be available at later point. He said even service request will get rejected if we raise without offer. But I insisted them to go ahead and raise request. Let's see what happens

CardShard

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Thanks to this community, I was able to get the 10k retention points. My renewal is in September, and the customer support informed that there is no voucher on renewal Sept onwards. I thought for existing holders, the renewal voucher will be there. What is the deal here?

Also, since they give the 10k points now, what is stopping me from still cancelling the card after transferring the points?

anilkrsh

TF Premier
This 10k point is kind of a compensation for Devalued milestone points you'll get got hitting August milestone. That's how the 10k is calculated. And hope that people will not close card till at least they get milestone points for Aug.
If you've hit your Aug milestone or likely to hit, they easily create the SR. If you're not spending, the call goes to a senior for approval.

sharad131

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Sharing my experience here:

Aug 19 - Called CC for 10K retention. SR got created and got closed in 8 hours without credit of 10K points
Aug 21 - Again called CC for 10K points, also referred to previous SR. They raised new SR this time. This also got closed in 8 hrs without points
Aug 22 - Again called CC. After long discussion I was told in May 2023 I was given 1K points and retention not possible twice in a year. I explained them the case then that these 1.5K points were due to wrong MCC code issue (bought forex and I was eligible for points but didn't got then) but CC was not convinced because 1.5K points were credited in retention category then and not via MCC code correction. I GAVE UP FINALLY.
Aug 23 - Wrote a mail to PNO and got reply yesterday that 10K points have been credited. But still they didn't reflect online.
Aug 26 - Again wrote a mail to PNO as reminder
Aug 27 (Today) - Got the 10K points :)

Oksiva

TF Buzz
I tried today and AXIS CC said offer is not available for my card. When asking why, they said it is available on phases and might be available at later point. He said even service request will get rejected if we raise without offer. But I insisted them to go ahead and raise request. Let's see what happens
I got my retention bonus of 10k credited today.

kumudjain

TF Buzz
Called on Sunday for retention offer and got the points today, so yeah it's still working. Even transferred those points to avail 5:4 ratio.
But I have one question, what will happen if i close my card now ?

ashwinsid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Had received 30K retention for Reserve. Yesterday called Axis after clearing my Magnus outstanding with clear intention of closing but asked them if they have any retention. They said they do have but since I have already claimed for Reserve I cannot get for Magnus. I said ok then close the card. They closed the card.

Bharat

TF Select
VIP Lounge
What would they offer if you have 12L spends?? Did they mention??
They just said they could think but did not say what... mone is less than 10L so did not dig into that
Asked if any retention offer, they said nothing at all.. you can cancel the card and waveoff the fees if there is no transaction after fees levied.

Last edited: