• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Retention for Magnus

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Heard that they are not providing any retention bonus and fee waiver unless we meet criteria.

They denied my brother's request also, his spends are also in the same level.
hmm. I have few use cases for Axis Magnus and hence conused if I should renew or not.

1. Book my show offer - I may use it once or twice a year. (savings of Rs. 500). Hope to see more movies once son grows up.
2. Easydiner - 3 or 4 times a year (savings of Rs. 3 to 4k).
3. Priorty Pass for guest - Once per year, mainly for my 3 year old son. Last time the louge said kids above 2 years are charged. (Rs 2k).
4. Gyftr Edge portal has more options than Amex Reward multiplier or HDFC smartbuy. I am not sure how to quantify the advantage.
5. Grabdeals - It has few mechants that i use. Just ike gyftr, can't quantify.
6. Travel edge. - Approx 2 lakhs spent last year. Earning about 24k partner miles. I observed Travel edge price was similiar cost as make my trip. But Smartbuy was more expensive.

At present I have Axis Reserve card as well that addresses first 5 points. And I will not renew this card for sure (due in June 2024).

Savings will be around 5k atleast that I can quantify.

I use HDFC Infinia and Amex Plat Travel card as my primary cards.

Any suggestions are welcome please.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
hmm. I have few use cases for Axis Magnus and hence conused if I should renew or not.

1. Book my show offer - I may use it once or twice a year. (savings of Rs. 500). Hope to see more movies once son grows up.
2. Easydiner - 3 or 4 times a year (savings of Rs. 3 to 4k).
3. Priorty Pass for guest - Once per year, mainly for my 3 year old son. Last time the louge said kids above 2 years are charged. (Rs 2k).
4. Gyftr Edge portal has more options than Amex Reward multiplier or HDFC smartbuy. I am not sure how to quantify the advantage.
5. Grabdeals - It has few mechants that i use. Just ike gyftr, can't quantify.
6. Travel edge. - Approx 2 lakhs spent last year. Earning about 24k partner miles. I observed Travel edge price was similiar cost as make my trip. But Smartbuy was more expensive.

At present I have Axis Reserve card as well that addresses first 5 points. And I will not renew this card for sure (due in June 2024).

Savings will be around 5k atleast that I can quantify.

I use HDFC Infinia and Amex Plat Travel card as my primary cards.

Any suggestions are welcome please.
When you have Amex Plat travel and Infinia then magnus won't fit in anyways.

Offline you can use Infinia and online you can chose either of two (Infinia and Amex Plat Travel) depends on the maximising benefits.

Yes BOGO offers, and M&G are the ones now stand out on Axis Magnus which we cannot quantify. At the end the benefits shouldn't be overlapped. Because you are not going to renew your Reserve card I suggest to just renew it (Magnus) as you don't have any card that serves your 1-5 from June 2024.

Last edited:

Eye of Ajay

TF Select
VIP Lounge
After the devaluation my spends on Magnus are almost zero and have shifted most spends to the Vistara Infinite. Thus called up CC and requested them for fee reversal/retention offer but was denied both then requested upgrade to Reserve but was told to close Magnus and then apply Reserve as a fresh card.

I am not sure why they can't directly upgrade the card but seems like closing the card is the only way now.

Tensor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
After the devaluation my spends on Magnus are almost zero and have shifted most spends to the Vistara Infinite. Thus called up CC and requested them for fee reversal/retention offer but was denied both then requested upgrade to Reserve but was told to close Magnus and then apply Reserve as a fresh card.

I am not sure why they can't directly upgrade the card but seems like closing the card is the only way now.
6L or above on any Axis card shouldn't be a problem. Call again or chat on web. That was probably a bad agent 😂

sidk04

TF Buzz
My renewal was due on 18th December 2023. My yearly spend did not cross the threshold limit for waiver of charges. My yearly spend was somewhere around ₹8 lakhs.

Now, after the renewal fees was charged I did use my card multiple times. When I called and wrote to customer care they refused to reverse the fees or give any benefit for the same since the card was used post the fees was charged.

At first they straight away refused to give any retention benefit. I wrote to higher level department to provide me with terms and conditions mentioned in their website which clearly stated that fees cannot be reversed if the card has been used after fees has been charged. It took around 10 days and after dozens of emails and multiple calls they finally reversed the charges today.

ccdc

TF Ace
My renewal was due on 18th December 2023. My yearly spend did not cross the threshold limit for waiver of charges. My yearly spend was somewhere around ₹8 lakhs.

Now, after the renewal fees was charged I did use my card multiple times. When I called and wrote to customer care they refused to reverse the fees or give any benefit for the same since the card was used post the fees was charged.

At first they straight away refused to give any retention benefit. I wrote to higher level department to provide me with terms and conditions mentioned in their website which clearly stated that fees cannot be reversed if the card has been used after fees has been charged. It took around 10 days and after dozens of emails and multiple calls they finally reversed the charges today.
are you cancelling the card therefore writing to them for reversal of fees?

_ayush

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Can you share what emails you wrote to them. Also did you end up closing your card?

sidk04

TF Buzz
Can you share what emails you wrote to them. Also did you end up closing your card?
I did not close the card. Closing it would not make any sense since its free for another year.

All I did was kept emailing them on premium.experience@axisbank.com for reversal of fees. I just kept repeating one thing "Card can be closed before generation of last statement and axis has to reverse the fees. Even if I have made the transaction the former does not changes since Axis has nowhere clarified about this. They tried to close my query multiple times by giving generic replies but I never allowed them to close it. I kept repeating the same thing i.e., if I want to reverse my annual fees before generation of final bill for first year I can. They straight away refused to do any reversal and kept repeating the spend threshold for reversal.

Finally i emailed nodal.officer@axisbank.com and pno@axisbank.com with all the email trails and full summary of my 2 week communication with premium.experience@axisbank.com. In their first reply they refused to do anything and kept giving me reason of not crossing threshold for reversal of fees. Finally as a last resort I tried bring RBI into picture.

After sending the final mail I received a call from Axis PNO next day saying that they will be reversing the charges as one time gesture and I can use the card.

Below is the mail I sent-

Brief of case:
I own an Axis Magnus Card ending XXXX. Post devaluation of this card I wanted to cancel this card as it was not worth owning this card. I asked for cancellation of my card in the first week of December 2023. After paying all my dues I had called the customer care again for cancellation. They said the request would be processed in 1 week. However no action was taken after that. Now annual fees have been charged for next year which I was not aware of. Right now the team is refusing my request to cancel and reverse the charges as a transaction was done after the fees was levied. I also gave an option for settlement to your team by providing me with some kind of benefit for such a charge. However they even refused to do that.

I have received dozens of calls from the customer department who have absolutely no idea about this situation. The emails I have been receiving from your goodself seems to be auto generated as no resolution other than a generic statement is being given by your side.

Current situation

You have clearly rejected all my requests.

As per your earlier mail you have claimed that you will be unable to reverse the Annual fee as you have utilized your credit card post Annual fee which was levied on your credit card. Kindly provide me with a link of MITC or any Tnc available on your website or public domain which clearly states that card fees cannot be reversed if the card has been utilised post levy of annual fees.

Please note that RBI guidelines clearly state that you cannot levy or cancel request for reversal of charges if the same were not intimated to the customer beforehand. The intimation should be in form of direct communication or availability of Tnc in the public domain.

Possible Resolutions:

1. Reverse the card charges and I'll cancel the card by paying all other dues.
2. Provide me some compensation for such charges if reversal is not possible
3. Provide me with link of MITC as stated above

TF Premier
My Magnus is due for renewal in 5 days. After the recent devaluation the card is useless for me. Can I call the CC and ask for retention benefit?
What if they offer 10K points and I redeem the points and close the card what would happen??

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My Magnus is due for renewal in 5 days. After the recent devaluation the card is useless for me. Can I call the CC and ask for retention benefit?
What if they offer 10K points and I redeem the points and close the card what would happen??
Axis isnt retaining normal magnus customers. I have personally tried and a lot other in this forum did. nobody got retention offer, they simply take the cancellation request and cancel the card. But if you hit milestone, then they reverse the amt.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
What if they offer 10K points and I redeem the points and close the card what would happen?
You can absolutely do this if you get any retention offer..
I closed my privilege card after getting 5k in retention after 20 days.. for the reason that I can’t hold 4 cards…
So got rid of privilege and got NEO Rupay LTF

Last edited: