• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rejected hdfc bank credit card give some suggestions.

Vicky99

TF Buzz
Hi, i am having credit card of ICICI bank , bank of baroda from last 6 months . And credit line of slice card. Never missed any payment . Having cibil score of 752 . I am having a hdfc loan going on only last 3 months left . When i have applied for millennia credit card i have provided my payslip also i have attached the icici bank credit statement . My application got rejected . I have tried contacting them and again after review it got rejected . I couldn't understand the reason behind this rejection . This is my second time my application got rejected. What should I do now . As i am from a rural district my bank isn't helping for credit card .

Kamal

TF Premier
TF Family
Sr Moderator
For me I got pre approved offer but they rejected my card due to different work location and current location. But when i tried to apply after 6 months again they rejected my application instantly without any proper reason.
When i dropped a mail to then for reconsideration or reason for application rejection they are providing me general response like

We wish to inform you that your application has been considered in line with the bank's internal credit policy (which is based on a combination of financial and related criteria and/or statistically determined scores to assess credit eligibility) and operating/credit processes (which include a combination of verifications, credit bureau reports and document verifications).

We regret to inform you that we are unable to approve your application as it does not meet the above mentioned internal criteria of the bank.

My cibil is 765 and hold 4 other credit card but they are rejecting my application for any card.
I am not understanding what criteria they are looking for.

akshayhs

TF Ace
For me I got pre approved offer but they rejected my card due to different work location and current location. But when i tried to apply after 6 months again they rejected my application instantly without any proper reason.
When i dropped a mail to then for reconsideration or reason for application rejection they are providing me general response like

We wish to inform you that your application has been considered in line with the bank's internal credit policy (which is based on a combination of financial and related criteria and/or statistically determined scores to assess credit eligibility) and operating/credit processes (which include a combination of verifications, credit bureau reports and document verifications).

We regret to inform you that we are unable to approve your application as it does not meet the above mentioned internal criteria of the bank.

My cibil is 765 and hold 4 other credit card but they are rejecting my application for any card.
Yeah. Sometimes they can be very finnicky.

I got a call from them to apply for their Millennia card through one of their branch employees. I did everything they asked me to, gave them the documents and even KYC was done which was later approved as well. Later, I get a message saying application declined and now they don't even respond to my calls. Luckily, it was some random branch and not my home branch. I plan to visit my home branch to ask them about this and see if they can take this up further.

Kamal

TF Premier
TF Family
Sr Moderator
Yeah. Sometimes they can be very finnicky.

I got a call from them to apply for their Millennia card through one of their branch employees. I did everything they asked me to, gave them the documents and even KYC was done which was later approved as well. Later, I get a message saying application declined and now they don't even respond to my calls. Luckily, it was some random branch and not my home branch. I plan to visit my home branch to ask them about this and see if they can take this up further.
Now i will not apply for hdfc card as they are doing cibil enquiries and rejecting.
Till they provide assurance that my card will be approved.
Even i have better experience with axis and SBI for cc as they provided me unsecured card without any income documents.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
If your existing CC has limit less than 1 lacs and above 50k then you should go for moneyback first. Salary also if you have above 35k its best.

HDFC is quick with its pre-approved offers, so don't apply again and again and wait for offer. I got HDFC millennia with little to no effort at all, they didn't even bother to call me more than one time to verify.

They did however do 2 CIBIL inquiries on same day.

I used C2C method with CC with limit of 1.8 lacs. My HDFC millennia was granted to me with 1.62 limit.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Did you get it LTF?
Thanks for inputs.

I've heard some got Regalia directly after moneyback as upgrade ... I'm hoping something similar happens for me 😛
Yes, it is LTF, basically I never take CC unless its LTF. Out of all my CC only one is paid and even that is only 350 + gst and it has annual fee waiver for condition of spend 50k :ROFLMAO:

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Which CC is paid?

Even I'm thinking of going in LTF path now, unless there's some special paid CC I would like to have.
I currently have HDFC business moneyback (75K), BOB Select (50K), both of which are LTF.
Axis bank freecharge CC, its fairly good one, just slightly below axis ace due to its lack of 2% return criteria on all other spends, it only has 1%. I end up paying around 50-60k in bills anyways, so it works out. It's invite only CC too, but I got an invite as soon as I installed the freecharge application, I had axis account for a while then. :ROFLMAO:

Hi, i am having credit card of ICICI bank , bank of baroda from last 6 months . And credit line of slice card. Never missed any payment . Having cibil score of 752 . I am having a hdfc loan going on only last 3 months left . When i have applied for millennia credit card i have provided my payslip also i have attached the icici bank credit statement . My application got rejected . I have tried contacting them and again after review it got rejected . I couldn't understand the reason behind this rejection . This is my second time my application got rejected. What should I do now . As i am from a rural district my bank isn't helping for credit card .
A score of 752 suggests you have missed some payments or have had delayed payments
Or you have very high credit utilisation ratio
Kindly check the same

Vicky99

TF Buzz
I suggest start with lower varient like moneyback card. High chances of getting it. Upgrade it to any other eligible card after 6 month
Last time i have applied for moneyback and they rejected . This time i thought i am eligible as payslip is of around 45k and icici limit of 70k . So applied online through portal and rejected .

Vicky99

TF Buzz

Yup same thing happened to me . Raised a requested . Lets see what happens . Then i will log a complaint with rbi .

Vicky99

TF Buzz
A score of 752 suggests you have missed some payments or have had delayed payments
Or you have very high credit utilisation ratio
Kindly check the same
Nope i haven't missed any payments . Its so because i am having slice card and their so called consumer durable loan 😒. Current score is 758 . And its just 6 months i got my first CC. starting with bob.

swastik2233

TF Select
Nope i haven't missed any payments . Its so because i am having slice card and their so called consumer durable loan 😒. Current score is 758 . And its just 6 months i got my first CC. starting with bob.
I have all 4 BNPL viz. Slice , POSTPE , uni and lazypay since past 1 year still i have a cibil of 792 so it dosent matter !

Vicky99

TF Buzz
I have all 4 BNPL viz. Slice , POSTPE , uni and lazypay since past 1 year still i have a cibil of 792 so it dosent matter !
I have a question . I have a slice limit of 80k and on cibil its showing 80k loan . But they should be reporting 5k or 10% of limit . On your cibil does slice reports full amount or partial ? Also what about unipay how they reports to cibil ?

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
I have a question . I have a slice limit of 80k and on cibil its showing 80k loan . But they should be reporting 5k or 10% of limit . On your cibil does slice reports full amount or partial ? Also what about unipay how they reports to cibil ?

That amount of bnpl is calling for disaster....... Even if one of them reports wrongly... Late payment.... Ur points will drop drastically.... And you have to run for months to get it corrected..... And if two or three of them report late payment wrongly... Which they do... Lot of users face this issue... Then only god can save your score...

akshayhs

TF Ace
Slice, so far they have only reported 10% of sanctioned limit on CIBIL, but reports full limit on CRIF.

Last edited: