• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Recent devaluation of Axis Magnus and Reserve. Further action for TF community?

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
Update with the revised official devaluation, this call for action makes no sense now 🙏 Axis has played fair this time crediting all pending ER by Aug 10 including those from July month, giving everyone a chance to transfer at 5:4 one last time. My suggestion, go all in for Accor.

Hello TF family,

We all are now aware of the recent devaluation of the Axis Magnus and Reserve cards. I am writing to you as a concerned Axis customer and member of the TF community, regarding what could be our next course of action. As we know the bank changed the transfer partner ratios significantly from 5:4 to 5:1, among other unfavorable alterations. I took the initiative to personally contact Axis priority customer care, and they confirmed that an official communication regarding these changes is scheduled for release on July 11.

While I understand that product features and terms are subject to change within the purview of the bank, I firmly believe that it is our right as customers to be adequately notified well in advance. In the case of Axis Magnus, for instance, the one-month notice provided is insufficient. According to the bank's process, points earned today are credited after a period of three months. Therefore, if I have made purchases today under the assumption that the earned points would be redeemable at a 5:4 transfer rate based on the existing contract, it is only reasonable and legally justified to expect a three-month advance notice for any policy changes, as the points are credited with a three-month delay. Failure to provide such notice constitutes a malpractice on Axis's part, and I am confident that Axis will be unable to justify this oversight if brought to the attention of the RBI Ombudsman.

Considering the above circumstances, I propose the following course of action to address this malpractice. First, it is essential to raise awareness about this issue within the TF community and other credit card forums. We should utilize platforms such as Twitter and other social media channels, tagging Axis and bringing attention to this matter. Secondly, once the official communication is received on July 11, I suggest writing an email to the customer care department, highlighting the procedural lapse and malpractice that has occurred. I anticipate that the response received will likely be a standard answer. Therefore, it is crucial to escalate the matter to the Principal Nodal Officer (PNO) of the bank and after one month, subsequently, if necessary, to the RBI Ombudsman. I firmly believe that either the Ombudsman will rule in our favor and ensure the transfer of our pending points at the rightful exchange rate, or the bank itself will be compelled to settle the matter. This negotiation process also presents an excellent opportunity to discuss the possibility of converting the Magnus card to a Lifetime Free (LTF) option.

In conclusion, I believe that united action and diligent pursuit of this matter will be instrumental in resolving the issues faced by customers affected by the devaluation of Axis Magnus and Reserve cards.

Rahul

Last edited:

satya

TF Buzz
Hello TF family,

We all are now aware of the recent devaluation of the Axis Magnus and Reserve cards. I am writing to you as a concerned Axis customer and member of the TF community, regarding what could be our next course of action. As we know the bank changed the transfer partner ratios significantly from 5:4 to 5:1, among other unfavorable alterations. I took the initiative to personally contact Axis priority customer care, and they confirmed that an official communication regarding these changes is scheduled for release on July 11.

While I understand that product features and terms are subject to change within the purview of the bank, I firmly believe that it is our right as customers to be adequately notified well in advance. In the case of Axis Magnus, for instance, the one-month notice provided is insufficient. According to the bank's process, points earned today are credited after a period of three months. Therefore, if I have made purchases today under the assumption that the earned points would be redeemable at a 5:4 transfer rate based on the existing contract, it is only reasonable and legally justified to expect a three-month advance notice for any policy changes, as the points are credited with a three-month delay. Failure to provide such notice constitutes a malpractice on Axis's part, and I am confident that Axis will be unable to justify this oversight if brought to the attention of the RBI Ombudsman.

Considering the above circumstances, I propose the following course of action to address this malpractice. First, it is essential to raise awareness about this issue within the TF community and other credit card forums. We should utilize platforms such as Twitter and other social media channels, tagging Axis and bringing attention to this matter. Secondly, once the official communication is received on July 11, I suggest writing an email to the customer care department, highlighting the procedural lapse and malpractice that has occurred. I anticipate that the response received will likely be a standard answer. Therefore, it is crucial to escalate the matter to the Principal Nodal Officer (PNO) of the bank and after one month, subsequently, if necessary, to the RBI Ombudsman. I firmly believe that either the Ombudsman will rule in our favor and ensure the transfer of our pending points at the rightful exchange rate, or the bank itself will be compelled to settle the matter. This negotiation process also presents an excellent opportunity to discuss the possibility of converting the Magnus card to a Lifetime Free (LTF) option.

In conclusion, I believe that united action and diligent pursuit of this matter will be instrumental in resolving the issues faced by customers affected by the devaluation of Axis Magnus and Reserve cards.

Rahul
Absolutely right

VGisHere

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Seconded.
The PNO currently generates an automated response to the replies. So even if PNO doesn’t reply for a month, the time we will escalate this to RBI ombudsman, the changes would already be in place!

So what should be the right approach to follow?
It would be great to mention the emails addresses to be addressed to.

neogen

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
To be honest, lets move on as party is over now.

If you see from Axis Bank's perspective, Magnus was one of the worst run program that included many goof ups, loopholes etc including a lot of people of getting magnus FYF along with Tata Cliq Voucher.

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If they take 90-120 days to award points, then they should give 90-120 days before changing terms.

You are getting baited on a notion of value and then the bank changing terms before you get any of these rewards is not gonna end up well.

This is a pretty severe devaluation, it is so bad that the rewards might not be worth the hassle pursuing anymore, specially with such lengthy delays and inconsistency in crediting points. And with banks reporting credit card payments to AIS it might as well end up in the drawer.

Even with genuine spends now it's quite an average card, even priority pass got shot down to almost no lounges within India. Accelerated GrabDeals also has gone down considerably that it isn't worth the hassle dealing with it.

Whether it's the bank or toxic credit card culture here that killed Magnus, Axis never stood up to their promises of quality of service and experience. I'll keep the card for the following year due to annual waiver and then it is getting canceled.

Even if with Reserve you keep 5:4 ratio it might still not be enough to entice most of the Magnus clients, if anything the people who would get Reserve are the ones who abused Magnus.

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
If they take 90-120 days to award points, then they should give 90-120 days before changing terms.

You are getting baited on a notion of value and then the bank changing terms before you get any of these rewards is not gonna end up well.

This is a pretty severe devaluation, it is so bad that the rewards might not be worth the hassle pursuing anymore, specially with such lengthy delays and inconsistency in crediting points. And with banks reporting credit card payments to AIS it might as well end up in the drawer.

Even with genuine spends now it's quite an average card, even priority pass got shot down to almost no lounges within India. Accelerated GrabDeals also has gone down considerably that it isn't worth the hassle dealing with it.

Whether it's the bank or toxic credit card culture here that killed Magnus, Axis never stood up to their promises of quality of service and experience. I'll keep the card for the following year due to annual waiver and then it is getting canceled.

Even if with Reserve you keep 5:4 ratio it might still not be enough to entice most of the Magnus clients, if anything the people who would get Reserve are the ones who abused Magnus.
Sir reserve also got devalued shares same 5:1 ratio now. Which is worse nothing premium left in a Rs 59000 card, the lifestyle benefits already were not at par with Amex Platinum charge. AXIS is gonna loose high value customers left right and center.

alphamagnus

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Axis is definitely going to follow Citi footsteps and allow Burgundy people with a better transfer ratio. Its going to get them a lot of low cost CASA deposits and help them in the long run.

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello TF family,

Rahul
Axis has worst nodal officers. Ideally, any points earned till 12th August, should be converted at 5:4 ratio, irrespective when are they credited into the account. But bank will not accept their product loopholes but have come out with a knee jerk reaction

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
Seconded.
The PNO currently generates an automated response to the replies. So even if PNO doesn’t reply for a month, the time we will escalate this to RBI ombudsman, the changes would already be in place!

So what should be the right approach to follow?
It would be great to mention the emails addresses to be addressed to.
RBI Ombudsman can direct Axis to honor our original conversion rate or provide equivalent redemption. Don't worry just don't dispose off your points at 0.2. We will fight it to the end.

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
Axis has worst nodal officers. Ideally, any points earned till 12th August, should be converted at 5:4 ratio, irrespective when are they credited into the account. But bank will not accept their product loopholes but have come out with a knee jerk reaction
Doesn't matter PNO is just a step in the due process, target here is social media, collective pressure and RBI Ombudsman. I have no hopes from customer care and PNO other than standard replies.

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
To be honest, lets move on as party is over now.

If you see from Axis Bank's perspective, Magnus was one of the worst run program that included many goof ups, loopholes etc including a lot of people of getting magnus FYF along with Tata Cliq Voucher.
Yes we should but not before getting what's our right that's the original redemption rate on the points earned (not credited) before Aug 13. I already talked to my HDFC Preferred RM to try getting my DCB LTF converted to Infinia Metal, just a couple of lakhs shortfall to the Infinia income floor.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Axis is definitely going to follow Citi footsteps and allow Burgundy people with a better transfer ratio. Its going to get them a lot of low cost CASA deposits and help them in the long run.
Just to let you know. Once Axis to Citi merger is completed. They will raise QAB for burgandy to minimum 25L and TRV of 1CR.
In Citi, MAB of 15L gives you priority only.

PaneerButterMasala

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I second your opinion, Rahul. If Axis takes 120 days to credit points, They should allow us to transfer in the same 5:4 Ratio. This malpractice can be challenged via Consumer Forum. AFAIK, RBI might not do much until and unless we collectively send this.

Another option I see is using something like change.org and getting signatures from the people of this Forum and other places. This will obviously help us grab Axis attention.

In the end, Malpractice is a malpractice.

Sign this Petition: https://chng.it/QrGhVZzh

Last edited:

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
Just to let you know. Once Axis to Citi merger is completed. They will raise QAB for burgandy to minimum 25L and TRV of 1CR.
In Citi, MAB of 15L gives you priority only.
Haha after this cards portfolio debacle from Axis, I am now seriously thinking of closing my Citi account and credit card. Only issue is my Citi (Now Axis in Cibil) Indian Oil CC is my Oldest credit card.

arunmnitt

TF Buzz
Yes we should but not before getting what's our right that's the original redemption rate on the points earned (not credited) before Aug 13. I already talked to my HDFC Preferred RM to try getting my DCB LTF converted to Infinia Metal, just a couple of lakhs shortfall to the Infinia income floor.
Why did you delete my comment?

You cannot hide the fact that you haven't read the detailed terms and conditions of transfer program.

I am again telling go read points 9,10,11

Akshay9512

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What is the Criteria for Infinia?

arunmnitt

TF Buzz
I didn't delete anyone's comment sire
Ok
You and me are not entitled to even raise a dispute.

Because of the clauses 9,10,11

So stop spreading fake beliefs to people that we can do something.

Accor and vistara temporary hold in May end is due to technical glitch.

They bought it back after it got rectified, not because of some LinkedIn thread, lol