• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB Question on getting DCB under alumni offer

devsfinance

TF Premier
Hello everyone,

I wanted to get DCB, I currently hold only 1 month old ICICI card. That’s my only credit account and hence I don’t have Cibil score also I have recently joined a company.

I have a salary account in HDFC, which is upgraded to Imperia right now after I pushed really hard for upgrade to preferred by mistake they upgraded to Imperia(potential downgrade can happen)

After reaching out to branch for getting DCB they denied saying that for salary less than 1.75lacs nothing can happen even if the salary is 1rs less. I told them about Alumni offer as well as about others who got in around 1.46-1.5 salary. But they didn’t entertain anything.

I got a number of sales person of CC of different branch. He checked my account and because my last month salary was more than 1.75 he said I will process it based on that month you can get it. As I am a recent graduate I haven’t received my degree yet so he said that last semester result and id card will work.

Now my questions are
1. Should I be applying as I only have last one month salary credited as of now?

2. Can it get rejected due to credit score not being there (cause ICICI gave me cc under Alumni offer anyway)

3. Or this guy is just trying to get his target fulfilled?

4. If I apply and for any reason it gets rejected when can I reapply?

What’s your take on this? And what will be your suggestion?

Last edited:

bitsst

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello everyone,

I wanted to get DCB, I currently hold only 1 month old ICICI card. That’s my only credit account and hence I don’t have Cibil score also I have recently joined a company.

I have a salary account in HDFC, which is upgraded to Imperia right now after I pushed really hard for upgrade to preferred by mistake they upgraded to Imperia(potential downgrade can happen)

After reaching out to branch for getting DCB they denied saying that for salary less than 1.75lacs nothing can happen even if the salary is 1rs less. I told them about Alumni offer as well as about others who got in around 1.46-1.5 salary. But they didn’t entertain anything.

I got a number of sales person of CC of different branch. He checked my account and because my last month salary was more than 1.75 he said I will process it based on that month you can get it. As I am a recent graduate I haven’t received my degree yet so he said that last semester result and id card will work.

Now my questions are
1. Should I be applying as I only have last one month salary credited as of now?

2. Can it get rejected due to credit score not being there (cause ICICI gave me cc under Alumni offer anyway)

3. Or this guy is just trying to get his target fulfilled?

What’s your take on this? And what will be your suggestion?
No, harm in giving it a try.

But without degree, they might consider you as a final year student and it is unlikely they will issue DCB. They might issue DCP though.

devsfinance

TF Premier
Any other suggestions? That guy is now calling me multiple times. He said he can’t tell about rejection as it’s not in his hand. Also he told me that once the application is rejected one can only apply after 6 months.