• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB HDFC DCB under Alumni program

Is it possible to get HDFC DCB LTF under the alumni program via C2C method. I have only read about the salary criteria, but can we do it C2C as well?

If yes, what is the limit on the card that is required? And what is the process for it? Do we need to mail at some e-mail address?

Thanks.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
There is no salary criteria or any other criteria for HDFC or any banks to get 5L credit limits. Usually any bank in this HDFC bank will consider many factors such as Salary, ITR, Credit History, Total credit cards, total credit limits and decide on 5L credit limit.

Usually HDFC is very tough and stringent on giving higher credit limits.

Jhon Anand

TF Premier
There is no salary criteria or any other criteria for HDFC or any banks to get 5L credit limits. Usually any bank in this HDFC bank will consider many factors such as Salary, ITR, Credit History, Total credit cards, total credit limits and decide on 5L credit limit.

Usually HDFC is very tough and stringent on giving higher credit limits.
What's usual trend for 5 lakh limit salary or ITR ? Can we get LE on basis of ITR instead of salary for salaried as salary doesn't include stocks we get part of our compensation ?

vagrantadam

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
What's usual trend for 5 lakh limit salary or ITR ? Can we get LE on basis of ITR instead of salary for salaried as salary doesn't include stocks we get part of our compensation ?
What I realised after my recent interactions with HDFC (including my recent request for upgrade to LTF DCB under alumni program) is, that apart from your salary, your spends on their credit card in the last 6months/year matter most. I had around 25lac spends last year on my credit cards but majority were on Magnus and only around 5-6 lacs were on HDFC and my application for upgrade was rejected. so I assumed we have to spend on that particular card if we are planning for an upgrade. correct me if I am wrong.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
What I realised after my recent interactions with HDFC (including my recent request for upgrade to LTF DCB under alumni program) is, that apart from your salary, your spends on their credit card in the last 6months/year matter most. I had around 25lac spends last year on my credit cards but majority were on Magnus and only around 5-6 lacs were on HDFC and my application for upgrade was rejected. so I assumed we have to spend on that particular card if we are planning for an upgrade. correct me if I am wrong.
You're right with HDFC & sometimes on Amex.

HDFC along with income criteria, existing credit limit spends on the previous matters them the most. AFAIK Amex also periodically upgrades customers who spends well and have multiple cards with them.

ICICI is generous on who is spending less. (My experience and observation). In 2020 I didn't spend well usage was <2% and got LE. In 2021 & 2022 I've spent well no LE, In 2023 again spent less got LE.

Jhon Anand

TF Premier
Woah 5-6 lakh spend got rejected for DCB. I think they're setting bar too high or there's something else.

I think they should only have the income criteria for upgrades but I guess that's not what gives them profit 😂😂

vagrantadam

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
You're right with HDFC & sometimes on Amex.

HDFC along with income criteria, existing credit limit spends on the previous matters them the most. AFAIK Amex also periodically upgrades customers who spends well and have multiple cards with them.

ICICI is generous on who is spending less. (My experience and observation). In 2020 I didn't spend well usage was <2% and got LE. In 2021 & 2022 I've spent well no LE, In 2023 again spent less got LE.
Same with me too.
I hardly use my ICICI card (due to low rewards obviously) but it has got LE more than the other cards 😄

vagrantadam

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Woah 5-6 lakh spend got rejected for DCB. I think they're setting bar too high or there's something else.

I think they should only have the income criteria for upgrades but I guess that's not what gives them profit 😂😂
I know. They had given some weird reason stating internal parameters. Later I wrote a big mail to the nodal officer how I am disappointed at their services and got a conditional offer for first year free DCB asking me to submit some more documents. Luckily I got Amex Plat charge meanwhile so I dropped my pursuit of DCB

Jhon Anand

TF Premier
I know. They had given some weird reason stating internal parameters. Later I wrote a big mail to the nodal officer how I am disappointed at their services and got a conditional offer for first year free DCB asking me to submit some more documents. Luckily I got Amex Plat charge meanwhile so I dropped my pursuit of DCB
Lol for new customers they offered for 1.2 L salary pm but for existing they won't do anything. I don't know why they don't value existing customers more when they might be their regular spenders.

vagrantadam

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Tr
Lol for new customers they offered for 1.2 L salary pm but for existing they won't do anything. I don't know why they don't value existing customers more when they might be their regular spenders.
True that. The only time they remember us will be to ask us invest in their FDs or stupid schemes 🤬

qweasdzxc

TF Buzz
Has anyone been able to get a DCB via the alumni offer without a prior relationship with HDFC?
I surpass the ITR criteria, but for salaried individuals they ask for a salary slip showing 1.75L, but this doesn't show variable pay, stocks and other components.
Is there any way of relaxing the 1.75L criteria using the ITR, or other-bank C2C?