• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Privilege vs Select (Curious Case)

helloworld

TF Legend
Summary: Both are useless after 20th Apr, 2024 (if possible don't apply). Below, just curiousity did comparison and found that not sure why bank kept one has high price without price benefits.

CategoryPrivilegeSelect
Joining fee₹1770 (Nil for Priority Customers Only)3540 (Nil for Burgundy)
Activation benefit12,500 Edge points // 3.5k EP/₹50010,000 Edge points // 1.4k EP/₹500
Fee waiver // exclusion categories apply2.5L (excluded tx for fee waiver link)8L (excluded tx for fee waiver link)
Milestone benefit // exclusion categories apply10,000 Edge points on 2.5L spends // 20 EP/₹5005,000 Edge points on 3L spends // 8 EP/₹500
Domestic Lounge2 per Quarter on 50k spends2 per Quarter on 50k spends
International Lounge-6 per Year + 6 more on 3L spends and Renewal
EasyDiner25% off upto ₹800 (min. ₹2500)25% off upto ₹800 (min. ₹2500)
BigBasket-₹500 on 3k spends (16.67%)
Swiggy-₹200 on 1k spends (20%)
Rewards // exclusion categories apply10 Edge points on every ₹20010 Edge points on every ₹200
2x upto ₹20k spends on shopping
1 Edge point0.20p (1%)0.20p (1% and on shopping upto ₹20k +1%)
Conversion to Partner points/miles5:1 (Vistara, Spicjet, ITC) or 10:1 (Others) //1%5:1 (Vistara, Spicjet, ITC) or 10:1 (Others) //1%
For those who need: Annual Reward Rate1.8% // specific allowed categories on 2.5L spends2.13% - Fee // allowed categories 3L and 2x

So, select has
- International lounge, that too only for joining year - next year onwards 3L to renew
- Golf, those who uses it and
- BB, Swiggy (which other debit/credit cards providing 20% or even swiggy voucher itself)

didn't understand why it has double price when everything else is same at half price.

Any thoughts? :)

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Summary: Both are useless after 20th Apr, 2024. Below, just curiousity did comparison and found that not sure why bank kept one has high price without price benefits.

CategoryPrivilegeSelect
Activation benefit12,500 Edge points // 3.5k EP/₹50010,000 Edge points // 1.4k EP/₹500
Fee waiver // exclusion categories apply2.5L (excluded tx for fee waiver link)8L (excluded tx for fee waiver link)
Milestone benefit // exclusion categories apply10,000 Edge points on 2.5L spends // 20 EP/₹5005,000 Edge points on 3L spends // 8 EP/₹500
Rewards // exclusion categories apply10 Edge points on every ₹20010 Edge points on every ₹200
Conversion to Partner points/miles5:1 (Vistara, Spicjet, ITC) or 10:1 (Others) //1%5:1 (Vistara, Spicjet, ITC) or 10:1 (Others) //1%

For international lounge, that too only for joining year - next year onwards 3L to renew, and BB, Swiggy (which other debit/credit cards providing 20% or even swiggy voucher itself), didn't understand why it has double price when everything else is same.

In nutshell

Axis previilage usp was - multi brand voucher at 40 p GONE NOW

SELECT USP was - LOTS Of lounge ( most extensive coverage) now gone .. who gonna spent for lounge on rewardless card .

Both card are dead
I rest my case

helloworld

TF Legend
In nutshell

SELECT USP was - LOTS Of lounge ( most extensive coverage) now gone .. who gonna spent for lounge on rewardless card .

Both card are dead
I rest my case

Both are dead for sure, hence first statement. Even without 0.40p benefit, not getting why select has that much price?

anonymuos

TF Ace
Looking at Axis' reckless CC devaluation that kills their whole value proposition and makes their credit card business look unstable and immature, I wonder if the people who de-valued a product fully understand it or even are the same ones who designed the product. Or the original people who conceived it retired or moved on and some other team came in and decided "hey let's completely alter this".🤭

bing1309

TF Premier
after all this nonsense and mess created by axis I have select CC its CLTF I use for Bigbasket and Swiggy and spend 20k per month on the accelerated rewards category if spends go more than 20k I ask the vendor I can split payment which they agree I shift my spends on reserve good to make sure you use for offers and forget other benefits.
as axis select is for those who spend on higher side they can only use, (understandably these cards are old so devalued as banks works to get other new cards. but anyways use as long the bank gives you if they devalue throw that card and go to another card, there is no Loyalty with bank don't even keep such, they don't keep their loyalty so you also do churning then they will keep quiet (once lessons are taught they will know or else they do all such kinds of drams with the customer and take us for granted. either way they are not changing there eligibility criteria for the working class they will give CC. so you do your due diligence and they will also do theirs (in India such things will happen, here RBI can't do anything so do your work they will do there's)
which such difficulty I took Axis Reserve (in my time I was getting LTF Magnus and if paid for that also I ignored it with lot of calculations went ahead. these guys devalued like shit. now I am so pissed started to do churning so others also do this and teach proper lessons for banks.
Just take the card make sure you use for normal offers and if they discontinue you also close the card make sure you use it properly if you have recovered the joining fee and in profit and dispose the card off (sometimes paying fees and using it to max is the best way instead of waiting for an offer)

vharshith

TF Buzz
In nutshell

Both card are dead
I rest my case
I recently upgraded my card from flipkart to privilege on april starting. My statement was not generated still. Multi branded voucher was not showing in the rewards edge now. WillI get it ?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I recently upgraded my card from flipkart to privilege on april starting. My statement was not generated still. Multi branded voucher was not showing in the rewards edge now. WillI get it ?
No
It's gone .
What u can do is get 2500-5000 edge reward points extra as retention benifits.

And.redeem.for amazon voucher..
Still it's not a loss ..not a big gain ..

You won't multi brand voucher .it's discontinued.
So gone for life ..

Customer care will just misled you ..they don't even have proper knowledge.

Regarding how to get renetion offer u can ask your question.if u interested

vharshith

TF Buzz
No
It's gone .
What u can do is get 2500-5000 edge reward points extra as retention benifits.

And.redeem.for amazon voucher..
Still it's not a loss ..not a big gain ..

You won't multi brand voucher .it's discontinued.
So gone for life ..

Customer care will just misled you ..they don't even have proper knowledge.

Regarding how to get renetion offer u can ask your question.if u interested
My bad☹️. Got it only for multi brand voucher. Now its gone

Transpointer

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I got the Card last month and it had no joining fee for me since I am a Priority Customer. I redeemed the points for 5k inr before the devaluation. Should I send mail to PNO for lifetime free conversion? Any tips/tricks?

The other card I hold from Axis is Atlas(paid)

drsel

TF Legend
I got the Card last month and it had no joining fee for me since I am a Priority Customer. I redeemed the points for 5k inr before the devaluation. Should I send mail to PNO for lifetime free conversion? Any tips/tricks?

The other card I hold from Axis is Atlas(paid)
You can try your luck.
I know that Select is lifetime free for Burgundy customers but I am not sure about Priority card being lifetime free for Priority customers

drsel

TF Legend
Summary: Both are useless after 20th Apr, 2024 (if possible don't apply). Below, just curiousity did comparison and found that not sure why bank kept one has high price without price benefits.

CategoryPrivilegeSelect
For those who need: Annual Reward Rate1.8% // specific allowed categories on 2.5L spends2.13% - Fee // allowed categories 3L and 2x

So, select has
- International lounge, that too only for joining year - next year onwards 3L to renew
- Golf, those who uses it and
- BB, Swiggy (which other debit/credit cards providing 20% or even swiggy voucher itself)

didn't understand why it has double price when everything else is same at half price.

The percentage return on Select is double for upto 20000 spend on retail shopping (which includes groceries, supermarket, department stores) every statement month

Last edited:

helloworld

TF Legend
The percentage return on Select is double for 20000 spend on retail shopping (which includes groceries, supermarket, department stores) every statement month

Yes, that 2.13% is 20000×12 for 2x rewards, 60k for 1x rewards. Still not looking good.

24k+3k+5k = 32k on 3L spends.

and had to pay fee.