• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

OneCard Plastic or Metal?

I am getting pre approved unsecured onecard with 20K limit... I just wanted to know what will be the variant once it gets delivered Plastic or Metal?

Nobody

TF Buzz
Are you sure as I have heard that if limit of unsecured card is <=20K then the card is plastic and above 20k limit its Metal... Can you clear this plea
Are you sure as I have heard that if limit of unsecured card is <=20K then the card is plastic and above 20k limit its Metal... Can you clear this please?
I received metal with 15k limit last year. Also there are no offers on this card and golden period to buy this card was i think 1.5-2 yrs back as mentioned in many posts by dimers.

On 17/Oct, I wrote to 1Card and asked the following :

QUOTE ::
1. How to get METAL 1Card - in place of plastic card issued by SBM?
2. Any cost involved ?
3. How to switch from SBM to BOB or Federal ? What's the procedure ?
4. Any charges for that ?

It is totally wrong on your part to issue plastic cards for us and deny us a metal card now.

Where as, the recent applicants are getting metal card, by default.

5. Can we close this SBM Plastic card and re-apply via BOB or Federal?

WHEN I HAVE RAISED THIS ISSUE ON THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE, YOU WANTED ME TO WRITE TO YOU. HENCE, THIS EMAIL.

Please reply for all the above 5 points raised by me.

Please share if you have any policy material on the above 5 points - so that we (6 of us) can decide whether we should continue using 1card or not.

RAMESH BABU N
UNQUOTE ::

To the above, 1Card gave me the following reply on 19/OCT :

QUOTE ::
Hi Ramesh,

Greetings from OneCard!
Regarding the recent query with ticket ID: 4423356, we do understand your concern about the OneCard.

1. We understand you want to increase your limit/upgrade to a metal card. However, Currently, we're unable to offer FD top-ups due to recent bank policy changes. Don't worry, though, we're actively working to resolve this and will keep you posted on any updates.

2. With regard to your partner's bank concern, we wish to inform you that we do not have a provision to change the partner's bank associated with OneCard. Soon or later we may have some update on this and we would be more than happy to inform you of the same.

3. Also, once you close the account with us it cannot be reopened again. Therefore, if there is any future update to reopen the account we will surely notify you.
We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. In case you have any other queries, please feel free to contact us. We are just a click away!

Thanks & Regards,
Purva
Team OneCard

UNQUOTE ::

Out of the 5, they have answered 3. All known to us already and NOTHING NEW.
However, there could be some modifications on two important issues - for the existing 1Card holders.

Let us hope for the best. What we need is a metal card, even at a cost and option to switch bankers, besides converting our card from
secured to unsecured.