• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

One Card offers upgrade from FD to unsecured card

theda

TF Premier
Their customer excutive said - due to some internal policy upgrade offers banner are removed for everyone.

They Will regenerate offer again in god knows time.
Its because of the new RBI rule

hackymanoj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Heyy, I just recieved the same thing!

Was super excited to see this! I was super annoyed to know that I couldn't partially close the existing FDs, (I had made 5 FDs of 10k in the span of a year thinking I could close some in case of an emergency) But after the speaking to their customer care I realized that not only could I not close some of the FDs, but that my Card would be shut, and that I'd not be allowed to apply for it again...EVER!

Then I stopped adding FDs since it would indefinitely be locked up, being held hostage lol

I'm EXTREMELY happy that a switch to unsecured is possible.

I got the offer about a week ago, to switch from SBM bank to South Indian bank, and my limit would increase from 54k to 1,05,000...

Although, OneCard was my first card with the longest history... I was wondering whether this shift to South Indian bank would cause a new account to be opened, which would wipe out 1 year of history (the 2nd card I got was about a year later)... Will this affect my credit score drastically?

All in all, I'm extremely happy that this offer to switch has come, didn't expect it so soon
Finally I'm happy to see someone who made 50k fd getting the offer. Hopefully I receive the offer. But I know onecard stopped onboarding due to some concerns raised by RBI.

gabzvee

TF Buzz
Its because of the new RBI rule

Oh wow this link is pretty insightful, rightly mentioned, I was given an offer by SIB, which was taken away just today or yesterday I believe... Do we have any estimation as to how long this will change? Weeks? Months? YEARS???

theda

TF Premier
Oh wow this link is pretty insightful, rightly mentioned, I was given an offer by SIB, which was taken away just today or yesterday I believe... Do we have any estimation as to how long this will change? Weeks? Months? YEARS???
Likely two or three months. One card have to make changes to their app and system before they can start on-boarding new customers.

Got this offer and didn't even do a V-KYC . I think indian bank doesn't have kyc representatives. It just pulled my records from CKYC registry. Now there is an issue which is that I cannot issue an add-on card to my brother, do anyone here have this issue?

AnungUnRama

TF Select
I have got an offer in the OneCard app to upgrade to unsecured card. I had FD of 10k. Now they are giving limit of 3.6L and processing refund of FD.

1709829423015.jpeg

Earlier, I had SBM bank Visa card. Now it is offered in Mastercard CSB bank. I had to complete KYC again.

1709829495681.jpeg
After receiving this screen msg, how long till the new card start showing in the app? And did you do any KYC for the new banking partner?

its_karan

TF Ace
I was offered metal card with 1.5l from federal and now 2.6l with BOB.. should i wait for rupay card offer or just apply and please let me know will they do physical verifaction and ask for any income proof.?
Did you waited or applied?
Now.. I'm thinking to upgrade.
Did you applied then?
I got the offer but didn't get the time to upgrade due to busy schedule. Today when I opened it displayed " Limited Period Offer 23 days remaining".
It was from CSB Bank. But as I proceeded it says offer expired.
I informed OneCard on X with screenshots upon which they told to clear cache. I cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the app but no solution.
Then informed about it on X again with screenshots but didn't get an answer.
After a few hours when I opened the app I see that the offer banner is gone.
Did anybody face it?
Cibil hit?
And got no card ultimately?