• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

One Card offers upgrade from FD to unsecured card

the_collector

TF Premier
Okay, I think by next week we should receive the refund as they are only counting the working days.
I just received an amount in my bank. Rs. 11665.
Although I'm a bit confused. If I remember correctly the FD amount went up to 12,068 or something like that.

I didn't have any balance in my previous card also.

Will have to wait and see what the app updates

knockoffaxis101

TF Premier
Yes, I was lucky as South Indian Bank is not delivering in kolkata. You can apply irrespective of the bank and network as the features will remain same. You can convert to rupay once they start issuing.
I received South Indian bank upgrade offer, but didn't upgrade .

After a week opened one card app to check the SIB offer is gone and now Indian bank is there.

I was hoping for BoB but then i learn if you have BoB one card then it's different to get bob core card.

Now.. I'm thinking to upgrade.

Baka

TF Buzz
Although I'm a bit confused. If I remember correctly the FD amount went up to 12,068 or something like that.

I think this is the amount, as the FD page shows the full maturity amount.

Baka

TF Buzz
I received South Indian bank upgrade offer, but didn't upgrade .

After a week opened one card app to check the SIB offer is gone and now Indian bank is there.

I was hoping for BoB but then i learn if you have BoB one card then it's different to get bob core card.

Now.. I'm thinking to upgrade.
You can definitely go ahed. Offers will remain same irrespective of the bank.

Spidey

TF Buzz
I got the offer but didn't get the time to upgrade due to busy schedule. Today when I opened it displayed " Limited Period Offer 23 days remaining".
It was from CSB Bank. But as I proceeded it says offer expired.
I informed OneCard on X with screenshots upon which they told to clear cache. I cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the app but no solution.
Then informed about it on X again with screenshots but didn't get an answer.
After a few hours when I opened the app I see that the offer banner is gone.
Did anybody face it?

Dexter

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

I also received less amount that FD

knockoffaxis101

TF Premier
I got the offer but didn't get the time to upgrade due to busy schedule. Today when I opened it displayed " Limited Period Offer 23 days remaining".
It was from CSB Bank. But as I proceeded it says offer expired.
I informed OneCard on X with screenshots upon which they told to clear cache. I cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the app but no solution.
Then informed about it on X again with screenshots but didn't get an answer.
After a few hours when I opened the app I see that the offer banner is gone.
Did anybody face it?
You got any solution?

credit_noob

TF Select
I aim to produce an in-depth version of the thread, providing only the necessary details, photos, and the process involved.

1. **Card Profile**:

- Age of card: 1.3 years

- Issuer: SBM

- Fixed deposit linked: ₹12K

2. **Usage Pattern**:

- My spending includes a mix of e-commerce, bills, fuel, and point-of-sale (POS) transactions. High utilization noted, with ₹12K limit and expenditure crossing ₹50K monthly.

3. **Customer Interaction**:

- Received three calls from the OneCard team before proceeding with the upgrade.

4. **App Navigation**:

- Post the third call, the app's home page indicated an upgrade option, but this was not found in the menu.

5. **Upgrade Process**:

- The unsecured limit and card details were displayed.

- Required to click through the prompts, beginning with Aadhar OTP authentication.

- Chose the card delivery address.

- FD amount to be credited back was stated.

- Acknowledged the declaration of no issuance charges for the metal card.

- Other necessary information was presented.

6. **Completion**:

- On concluding the steps, the app logged out automatically, necessitating reauthentication.

7. **Post-Upgrade**:

- After a 24-hour interval, accessing the app only allowed me to track the new card's issuance, without going deeper into the app's other features.

After 48 hours:::

Once the new account is updated in the app, scan the barcode on the card delivery package to activate it.

New card details are showing in app without limit

Note: this my family member card
Edit: Not a city small Town in South state nearest City tier 2
++Update
FD amount with interest credited into account(it took 7 working days)
Metal Card delivered via delhivery . Com and activated the card😊

gabzvee

TF Buzz
Heyy, I just recieved the same thing!

Was super excited to see this! I was super annoyed to know that I couldn't partially close the existing FDs, (I had made 5 FDs of 10k in the span of a year thinking I could close some in case of an emergency) But after the speaking to their customer care I realized that not only could I not close some of the FDs, but that my Card would be shut, and that I'd not be allowed to apply for it again...EVER!

Then I stopped adding FDs since it would indefinitely be locked up, being held hostage lol

I'm EXTREMELY happy that a switch to unsecured is possible.

I got the offer about a week ago, to switch from SBM bank to South Indian bank, and my limit would increase from 54k to 1,05,000...

Although, OneCard was my first card with the longest history... I was wondering whether this shift to South Indian bank would cause a new account to be opened, which would wipe out 1 year of history (the 2nd card I got was about a year later)... Will this affect my credit score drastically?

All in all, I'm extremely happy that this offer to switch has come, didn't expect it so soon