• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotel Points Need advice on my redemption plans for 2.5L ER

yashendra2797

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
So, I made around 2.5L ER points in the last 2 months due to taking my parents to Europe. Now with the devaluation incoming, I wish to transfer all of them to maximize my earnings (duh).

I have 3 trips planned right now. A Jaipur/Rajasthan Road trip for a week in October, a 5 year anniversary special (😉) trip to SEA or Europe with my girlfriend, and a trip to SFO in June 2023 with my parents and girlfriend to watch my cousin brother graduate.

As much as I would love to fly Q Suite or First/Business, I honestly cannot justify the experience as the value for me will only be utilized for maybe around 18 hours or so. Plus, I have CV Gold, and with multiple Priority Passes, the on ground experience is covered anyways. Therefore, I am leaning towards hotels.

For domestic I was thinking of utilizing 45K in Taj Vouchers I received from AmEx. I don't have any opinions on ITC, but both AmEx and Axis Reserve offer great offers on booking Oberoi and Postcard properties.

Internationally, as most would expect, I am leaning towards Accor for the maximum bang for my buck. I stayed in Novotels during my trip to Europe, and my experience ranged from abysmal (Zurich), to amazing (Paris and Bern).

Now I am aware that the hotel options in India and USA for Accor are slightly middling. SFO for example only has 2 Accor properties, while Marriott has something around 50+. However, ALL has great luxury properties in SEA and Europe, and their points don't really expire. In my search I found good sub 20k hotel options with the usual brands, and honestly for USA they make much more sense than Accor, especially with buying points in some cases.

So in essence, I am looking for validation from this wonderful community on parking 2.5L points in Accor, especially because I am an overthinker who likes to maximize every single drop from anything I do.

If someone has a suggestion on maybe transferring a percentage of the points somewhere else, I would love to hear it.

drsel

TF Legend
So, I made around 2.5L ER points in the last 2 months due to taking my parents to Europe. Now with the devaluation incoming, I wish to transfer all of them to maximize my earnings (duh).

I have 3 trips planned right now. A Jaipur/Rajasthan Road trip for a week in October, a 5 year anniversary special (😉) trip to SEA or Europe with my girlfriend, and a trip to SFO in June 2023 with my parents and girlfriend to watch my cousin brother graduate.

As much as I would love to fly Q Suite or First/Business, I honestly cannot justify the experience as the value for me will only be utilized for maybe around 18 hours or so. Plus, I have CV Gold, and with multiple Priority Passes, the on ground experience is covered anyways. Therefore, I am leaning towards hotels.

For domestic I was thinking of utilizing 45K in Taj Vouchers I received from AmEx. I don't have any opinions on ITC, but both AmEx and Axis Reserve offer great offers on booking Oberoi and Postcard properties.

Internationally, as most would expect, I am leaning towards Accor for the maximum bang for my buck. I stayed in Novotels during my trip to Europe, and my experience ranged from abysmal (Zurich), to amazing (Paris and Bern).

Now I am aware that the hotel options in India and USA for Accor are slightly middling. SFO for example only has 2 Accor properties, while Marriott has something around 50+. However, ALL has great luxury properties in SEA and Europe, and their points don't really expire. In my search I found good sub 20k hotel options with the usual brands, and honestly for USA they make much more sense than Accor, especially with buying points in some cases.

So in essence, I am looking for validation from this wonderful community on parking 2.5L points in Accor, especially because I am an overthinker who likes to maximize every single drop from anything I do.

If someone has a suggestion on maybe transferring a percentage of the points somewhere else, I would love to hear it.
You need to transfer Axis Edge reward points to Accor and pay the entire amount including taxes with your Accor points at the hotel itself. (not online).
The choice of hotel depends on your need for luxury.
If you use Accor points for food you will only half value. (90 Paisa)

aashish2137

TF Select
You need to transfer Axis Edge reward points to Accor and pay the entire amount including taxes with your Accor points at the hotel itself. (not online).
The choice of hotel depends on your need for luxury.
If you use Accor points for food you will only half value. (90 Paisa)
Why is this? I think it's better to pay with points online. Also if the food is charged to room, you can pay with points at the same ratio.