• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Multiple hard Inquiry by same bank

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
Hi, I'm not the person who regularly monitors the CIBIL score. However, I did apply for Personal loan with few individual bank & through Paisabazaar. As I was checking my credit report today I saw, IDFC bank made two Inquiries one for personal & other by consumer loan(Which I never applied for) on same day.

Another was Bajaj which made Personal, consumer loan & other, 3 Hard query in 3 days (Note - I only applied for Personal loan here). Worst was Bank bazaar which on my behalf made 4 Hard Inquiries with 4 different bank (although I gave consent only to 2 banks on the phone).

@TechnoFino is there any way I can remove this queries from my CIBIL? I guess all this was done in the April. Any guidelines will be helpful?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220608-163038.jpg
    Screenshot_20220608-163038.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20220608-162857.jpg
    Screenshot_20220608-162857.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 61

hriday.haria

TF Premier
Hi, I'm not the person who regularly monitors the CIBIL score. However, I did apply for Personal loan with few individual bank & through Paisabazaar. As I was checking my credit report today I saw, IDFC bank made two Inquiries one for personal & other by consumer loan(Which I never applied for) on same day.

Another was Bajaj which made Personal, consumer loan & other, 3 Hard query in 3 days (Note - I only applied for Personal loan here). Worst was Bank bazaar which on my behalf made 4 Hard Inquiries with 4 different bank (although I gave consent only to 2 banks on the phone).

@TechnoFino is there any way I can remove this queries from my CIBIL? I guess all this was done in the April. Any guidelines will be helpful?
No, mostly there is no way to remove these enquiries.
Only way is if you have extra strong evidence and confidence 😛
Most likely somewhere or the other, you end up giving consent by clicking "I accept terms and conditions" for them to check your CIBIL especially on apps like BankBazaar, Bajaj, PaisaBazaar, etc

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin

try contacting each bank and request them to remove enquiry... it's not easy...

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
No, mostly there is no way to remove these enquiries.
Only way is if you have extra strong evidence and confidence 😛
Most likely somewhere or the other, you end up giving consent by clicking "I accept terms and conditions" for them to check your CIBIL especially on apps like BankBazaar, Bajaj, PaisaBazaar, etc
This is pretty sad there are inquires for 5k,10K INR from this institutions which is pretty sad not sure how to approach them. It dropped my cibil from 786(last checked in March) to 732(Checked yesterday).

hriday.haria

TF Premier
Do we have a consolidated email/phones for this too similar to the one you shared for credit cards
It is consolidated data by RBI ... You will find all the information or contacts w.r.t emails/phones for each Bank on below Link:
1. Click the above URL
2. Choose your Entity -> Bank, NBFC , Prepaid Payment Instruments (PPI)
3. Find the Bank/NBFC/Entity from the list and click on it if link, or you will get the details there

Please check post below which has Screenshots for reference

Last edited:

Rashya

TF Select

Same happened to me with Equitas bank. Instead of one hard enquiry, they made 2 enquiry for a loan application. Try contacting their grievance team, I had recently removed one of the hard enquiries from CIBIL. You can atleast remove one of the enquiries, if multiple enquiries are done by same bank

vak93

TF Buzz
In july i applied of hdfc bank though website and there was some outage so i tried multiple times. Now i saw 3 hard enquires by them of Rs 1000. I hope this will have low impact in future say after 6 month or it will impact my score for longer duration? it reduced for 796 to 780 :( @TechnoFino or of anyone is aware about such multiple hard and its impact .TIA

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
In july i applied of hdfc bank though website and there was some outage so i tried multiple times. Now i saw 3 hard enquires by them of Rs 1000. I hope this will have low impact in future say after 6 month or it will impact my score for longer duration? it reduced for 796 to 780 :( @TechnoFino or of anyone is aware about such multiple hard and its impact .TIA
just email HDFC Bank and ask them to remove duplicate enquiries. Normally it doesn't impact your score much... but depends on many factors like how many credit accounts you have, total due, etc.

KeytoKrishna

TF Buzz

You always can raise a dispute with CIBIL ,If you have CIBIL subscription (not from One card, other third party apps)Banks always deny and don't respond - RBI should made a law - only unless customer authenticates OTP through with that particular application, then only it should reflect in the CIBIL. We must fight with Banks and CIBIL - If its a genuine fetch.