• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotel Points Marrriott Bonvoy AMEX issue

Im trying to register my marriott bonvoy membership in AMEX website to transfer my reward points. But im getting the following error:
Your Frequent Flyer account could not be registered. Please contact Marriott Bonvoy™ so we can register your Frequent Flyer account
Did anyone face the same issue? How to resolve this ? Thanks

kalwasai897

TF Neo
I'm also facing the same issue. My name in both amex and bonvoy account is different earlier. So called cc and updated it. Still, facing same issue. Amex and bonvoy asked me to check after sometime but I'm still facing the error and they're clueless of how to resolve this error.

kalwasai897

TF Neo
Im trying to register my marriott bonvoy membership in AMEX website to transfer my reward points. But im getting the following error:
Your Frequent Flyer account could not be registered. Please contact Marriott Bonvoy™ so we can register your Frequent Flyer account
Did anyone face the same issue? How to resolve this ? Thanks
Did the issue got resolved? I'm also facing the same issue. My name in both amex and bonvoy account is different earlier. So called cc and updated it. Still, facing same issue. Amex and bonvoy asked me to check after sometime but I'm still facing the error and they're clueless of how to resolve this error.

Talon

TF Buzz
Hi thanks for sharing. Was it issue of swapping the names ? Would you mind sharing how long it took for the change ? Thanks
Amex had captured the first part of my last name as the middle name in their database.

Called Mariott Bonvoy for making the change to match Amex. The change reflected in my Bonvoy account within minutes. Linking the two was seamless after the change.

Random123

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Amex had captured the first part of my last name as the middle name in their database.

Called Mariott Bonvoy for making the change to match Amex. The change reflected in my Bonvoy account within minutes. Linking the two was seamless after the change.
Thanks for the info, I will wait till tomorrow for amex to correct it. If not will ask marriott to swap them.
But only issue is the account is linked to hdfc marriott card and hope doing this change won't affect it