• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotel Points How to maximise utilisation of Marriott Bonvoy points of 100000+

kunal89

TF Premier
I've over 1 lakh MB points along with Titanium elite status. I've no idea how can I maximise the utilisation of these points.
Expiry dates are near and also 10 night suites are available. I'm okay to transfer those points for better value if possible. Experts please suggest

nigameash

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Just add a qualifying activity (earn/redeem) to account and the expiry will get pushed forward.

Best redemptions are when you plan 5 consecutive nights at the same property for the 5th free night.

kunal89

TF Premier
Just add a qualifying activity (earn/redeem) to account and the expiry will get pushed forward.

Best redemptions are when you plan 5 consecutivenights at the same property for the 5th free night.
You mean just book any stay to qualify and expiry will be pushed?
5 + 1 is standard across all property in India?

nigameash

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yep, any stay or redemption will work - expiry gets pushed forward by 2 years if I'm not mistaken

4 + 1 is standard across all properties anywhere in the world

Best redemption even if you can't do the 4 + 1 is to book a luxury stay outside India as you can find some really sweet deals

Here are a couple of examples on good redemptions - https://www.technofino.in/community...platinum-charge-credit-card.15147/post-292020

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I've over 1 lakh MB points along with Titanium elite status. I've no idea how can I maximise the utilisation of these points.
Expiry dates are near and also 10 night suites are available. I'm okay to transfer those points for better value if possible. Experts please suggest
if you have any credit card with marriott as transfer partner just transfer some points to marriott.. expiry will get pushed forward for all point as far as i know.. in case u don’t have any card with marriott as partner and u wish to apply amex card (marriott is a partner) u can use my referral from my signature..

kunal89

TF Premier
if you have any credit card with marriott as transfer partner just transfer some points to marriott.. expiry will get pushed forward for all point as far as i know.. in case u don’t have any card with marriott as partner and u wish to apply amex card (marriott is a partner) u can use my referral from my signature..
I just got MRCC 2 days back. Hope that will work as transfer points to MB

nigameash

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I just got MRCC 2 days back. Hope that will work as transfer points to MB
Yep, that would be perfect.

100 points is minimum on Amex for transfer and the transfer comes through very quickly.

Be sure to verify the "valid until" date under the total points screen on the app to confirm the expiry got pushed forward after the transfer comes through.

Yep, that would be perfect.

100 points is minimum on Amex for transfer and the transfer comes through very quickly.

Be sure to verify the "valid until" date under the total points screen on the app to confirm the expiry got pushed forward after the transfer comes through.
Thanks for info
I'm super confused about taking 1.35 L point offer on amex platinum .
Don't know if 70k is worth for 1.35 L points

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks for info
it easily is worth 70k and more... no doubt.. year 1 is a no brainer of you can travel and stay at marriott... plus they also give Taj birthday voucher of 10k..Year 2 onwards is where non frequent travelling will not have value embedded

it easily is worth 70k and more... no doubt.. year 1 is a no brainer of you can travel and stay at marriott... plus they also give Taj birthday voucher of 10k..Year 2 onwards is where non frequent travelling will not have value embedded
Hmm...OK..will apply and see how it goes , also I have travel card from amex , do they make it a companion card if I take amex platium charge?

Tay

TF Buzz
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hmm...OK..will apply and see how it goes , also I have travel card from amex , do they make it a companion card if I take amex platium charge?
Yes, if you proceed with plat charge then other cards in the portfolio tend to become companion

nigameash

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Thanks for info
With the 30% bonus on Marriott transfers that Amex has been running for the past couple of years, you should get over 1.755L points if you transfer to MB during that promo period.

A couple of nights at Mandapa (a Ritz-Carlton Reserve property) normally costs about 36.3M IDR (1.92L) -

1711252879152.jpeg

You can snag the same for 204k points - 1711252896333.jpeg

The 204k points can't be directly equated with 1.92L as the points redemption doesn't include breakfast so that would be out of pocket when redeeming.

If that doesn't seem like the most viable option, you can always put the points towards less expensive properties where you can get a room for 15k points/night so you would get about 14 nights for the same amount of points - for every 5 nights you redeem via points, Marriott only deducts 4 nights from your points balance (5th night is free)

Le Méridien at the Maldives is 256k points for 5 nights from April 1-6th - if you have Platinum or above status at Marriott, this property has an option for free breakfast

With the 30% bonus on Marriott transfers that Amex has been running for the past couple of years, you should get over 1.755L points if you transfer to MB during that promo period.

A couple of nights at Mandapa (a Ritz-Carlton Reserve property) normally costs about 36.3M IDR (1.92L) -

1711252879152.jpeg

The 204k points can't be directly equated with 1.92L as the points redemption doesn't include breakfast so that would be out of pocket when redeeming.

If that doesn't seem like the most viable option, you can always put the points towards less expensive properties where you can get a room for 15k points/night so you would get about 14 nights for the same amount of points - for every 5 nights you redeem via points, Marriott only deducts 4 nights from your points balance (5th night is free)

Le Méridien at the Maldives is 256k points for 5 nights from April 1-6th - if you have Platinum or above status at Marriott, this property has an option for free breakfast
Thanks , makes a lot of sense to get it for one year , basically buying 1.35 L points fot 70k

1711252879152.jpeg

How many days dose it take for card to be apporved once we place application ?