• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Lounge Access] Queries regarding lounge access.

iiitguy

TF Neo
Doubts related to lounge access with credit card:
I have received AU Zenith cc with complimentary priority pass.

using normal card, I have got 4 visits per quarter
using priority pass , i have got 2 visits per quarter

my doubt is:
  1. using normal cc, can I access international lounge in India if I have an international boarding pass?
  2. using priority pass, can I access international lounge in India if I have an international boarding pass?
  3. using priority pass, can I access international lounge outside India in arrival section?
if any lounge geek is here, pls share your thoughts.

Solution
So if I'm boarding an international flight from Delhi airport, I have to use PP to access the airport lounge? But it clearly states that they will charge you if you use PP inside India
You have to use the Zenith card in airport lounge in Delhi Airport(It can be both domestic as well as International terminal of Delhi Airport).
Don't use priority pass received with Zenith anywhere in India as you will get charged for usage in India.

For outside India, you have to use the priority pass for lounge access.

Arun Pratheep

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So if I'm boarding an international flight from Delhi airport, I have to use PP to access the airport lounge? But it clearly states that they will charge you if you use PP inside India
You have to use the Zenith card in airport lounge in Delhi Airport(It can be both domestic as well as International terminal of Delhi Airport).
Don't use priority pass received with Zenith anywhere in India as you will get charged for usage in India.

For outside India, you have to use the priority pass for lounge access.

Solution

cardio_guy

TF Ace
I have 3 questions -

1. How long we can use the international lounge using the Dreamfolks card?
(For domestic lounges, they allow entry only 3 hours before the take-off and you can spend only 2 hours inside the lounge.
I have experienced this in Bangalore many times. Are there any such restrictions for international lounges?)

2. Are there any domestic lounges that allow more time inside - like you can spend 5-6 hours or so?
3. Are there any credit cards that allow premium access - like more time, or beverage included etc?

avishj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have 3 questions -

1. How long we can use the international lounge using the Dreamfolks card?
(For domestic lounges, they allow entry only 3 hours before the take-off and you can spend only 2 hours inside the lounge.
I have experienced this in Bangalore many times. Are there any such restrictions for international lounges?)

2. Are there any domestic lounges that allow more time inside - like you can spend 5-6 hours or so?
3. Are there any credit cards that allow premium access - like more time, or beverage included etc?
1) Same time limit applies to intl. lounges as well, even on PP.
2) Enforcement of time limit varies by lounge, person servicing you and the crowd. I have used lounges for 7-8 hours also, it depends a lot.
3) Some lounges do have an upgraded section for PP users. Intl. ones serve complementary alcohol, not seen personally in domestic.

cardio_guy

TF Ace
1) Same time limit applies to intl. lounges as well, even on PP.
2) Enforcement of time limit varies by lounge, person servicing you and the crowd. I have used lounges for 7-8 hours also, it depends a lot.
3) Some lounges do have an upgraded section for PP users. Intl. ones serve complementary alcohol, not seen personally in domestic.
Thanks a lot for the clarification.

cardio_guy

TF Ace
What is the difference between various lounge access providers?
Priority Pass/ Dream Folks / Dragon Pass / LoungeKey

Is it like one is better than the other?
Is there any visible difference that we should take care of?

avishj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What is the difference between various lounge access providers?
Priority Pass/ Dream Folks / Dragon Pass / LoungeKey

Is it like one is better than the other?
Is there any visible difference that we should take care of?
All of them have different lounges in their network. Some of these you can pay to gain access, some only through banks. PP has the biggest network AFAIK. Dream Folks & recently Lounge Key have started facilitating lounge access in India, with 90% of Indian domestic market handled by DF. In most cases, a PP gets you in almost everywhere (except ones which require status or some other perks exclusively). Also, FYI most PP's are chargeable domestically.

drsel

TF Legend
From 20 April --
Atlas has no spend requirement for both domestic and international lounge access.
Use Atlas card directly at Dreamfolks lounges (no Priority pass required)

Other Axis cards with Priority pass-- no spend requirement only for international lounge access using Priority pass.
For domestic lounge access you need to spend 50000 in the previous three months.