• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak White Credit Card being offered at Life Time Free

Hitman_107

TF Select
I applied for the card yesterday night at 11:45 PM. Since it was past 11:00 PM, I was unable to do the vKYC.
So did it today morning at 10:30 AM. First Aadhar validation was done and then I did the vKYC from my Android Smartphone.
Received just now an email stating my Card is Approved and a Virtual Card is generated with an Application Form showing joining and annual fees as 0.
Now waiting for the dispatch message....

Update: got the limit everyone is getting of Rs 2,10,000

I have uploaded my credit card statement of limit 7L... Let's see what happens

Confirmed on a call with CC executive that the card is lifetime free and the feature will be the same as the paid variant
Got the confirmation by mail as well for the Lifetime free card.
Received the card on 3rd August... thats 2 days from the card approval date..very fast service

Last edited:

nitrogenSingh

TF Premier
TF Family
Sent the mail. lets see how it proceed. Please keep us updated of your mail responses.
@vaibhav111 . Today received a call from kotak backend team who whom email was sent. There backend system is very slow. The executive said , that we dont have your application details. It takes upto 7 working days for them to process the application & its VKYC, if not done by then, then one needs to send email. Strange bank.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
@vaibhav111 . Today received a call from kotak backend team who whom email was sent. There backend system is very slow. The executive said , that we dont have your application details. It takes upto 7 working days for them to process the application & its VKYC, if not done by then, then one needs to send email. Strange bank.
thanks for the update.. i send email before you.. you got a call cause of VKYC rejected. in kotak if VKYC is not done, their system have no info of your detail so should me and @mgforce @Vaastav ask to cancel our application which didn't go through? will wait for 2 weeks before taking a action that should be enough for kotak bank i suppose.

nitrogenSingh

TF Premier
TF Family
thanks for the update.. i send email before you.. you got a call cause of VKYC rejected. in kotak if VKYC is not done, their system have no info of your detail so should me and @mgforce @Vaastav ask to cancel our application which didn't go through? will wait for 2 weeks before taking a action that should be enough for kotak bank i suppose.
I would suggest, need to wait atleast 7 business day from your application date, to send email.
Also the call was not due to VKYC rejection, it was a response to the email you had suggested me to send, they called regarding the email.

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks @vaibhav111 for tagging. So what they said on call - wait for 2 weeks?

@nitrogenSingh - so even after sharing application no. over email they can't do anything? Or now they will act on this non-VKYC application?

In case you hear further, pls ask what are the next steps.

I will follow-up later with Twitter and post as I hear..

nitrogenSingh

TF Premier
TF Family

@nitrogenSingh - so even after sharing application no. over email they can't do anything? Or now they will act on this non-VKYC application?

Basically, i had shared them everything over email, they just said wait until 7 days , since application is under process and they can't do anything for now. After 7 days, they can help, I hope.

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I'm already dreading the nightmare I'll have dealing with them once I start using the card.
The infrastructure is completely haywire. Time to sell Kotak shares as well i guess.
To be frank, I had their old card, Kotak Feast, issued long time back as LTF. Worked without issues, they gave me decent LE too w/o using.

It is only when one has to talk to Customer Care, it is a nightmare. They have zero idea.

PS: This White Card, was applied for my spouse, who is NTB and hopefully will get LTF post KYC

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

So what they said on call - wait for 2 weeks? - no i meant.. that the workaround time kotak would take to issue the card it was a guess.. now @nitrogenSingh did mentioned it take up to 7 working days let wait and see. will update if i get any call from kotak bank on my pending kyc.

Last edited:

kunal05

TF Buzz
Applied for the card last night and while doing VKYC, it failed due to poor internet of the agent. Logging in again was showing some error - card details not found so left it.

Got another SMS + email to complete VKYC which I did today.
Received an email within 1-2 hours saying "Congratulations! Your application is approved. View your virtual card now!". It contained a PDF showing Joining and annual fee as 0.

Received the virtual card details with limit of 2,50,000. I had no existing relationship with Kotak bank, and didn't upload any proof, just needed to enter my company name as part of application form.

If anyone is facing error after login, suggest you to wait for 1-2 hours and try again, it should work.

Thank you @Subhankar for sharing this post - got a new LTF credit card.

Last edited: