• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Please suggest regarding Kotak White credit card offer

Bodhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Dear all,

I have received an offer to upgrade my existing Kotak Royale Signature credit card to a White (not reserve) card or Zen Signature. Both the offers come with a joining fee and annual charges as applicable:

White card - 3000/- plus GST

Zen Signature - 1500/- plus GST

1. I request you to please give your suggestions as to which one of them would be a better card to upgrade to or should I just stick to Royale Signature for the time being. I already have airport lounge access through other credit cards. And therefore I don't particularly see the value in getting either of the cards with the charges.

2. Kotak personnel advised me to upgrade to either of the cards and then a request could be raised to turn it into LTF after issuance - with no guarantee though.

a) Should I opt for this or should I ask him to try getting an LTF offer first, which he said - could be tricky as I only hold a Kotak Privy Prima relationship and not Optima or Insignia for which White LTF is applicable. Any other ways or examples of people that you may know who have gotten Kotak White card LTF without meeting the above criteria, would be helpful.

b) In case LTF is rejected can one downgrade the card back to the older variant in Kotak?

3. Has anyone had any experience with the Kotak White RESERVE card yet? What are the criteria to either get it as a new card or to upgrade an existing card to a White reserve card (LTF or no LTF)? Has anyone got a White Reserve card as LTF till date?

Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited:

Satish

TF Premier
I have Life time free Kotak Royal Signature and Kotak White. None of these cards deserve any annual/joining fee. Kotak White Reserve is an HNI card and only offered to a selected few with bank balance in crores.
How did you get 2nd card from Kotak? Can you please share the process?