• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak Mis selling, RBI Ombudsman

hgupta

TF Buzz
A kotak sale team mis selled Kotak Myntra card to me saying that It is LTF. I reach out to kotak and due to their bogus response, I reach out to RBI escalation with proper proof.
Then, that sale girl call me and apologize and request me to withdraw my complaint as her job is in danger.
Now their corporate employee call me and accepted their mistake and offer me first year free Myntra card but not LTF. For that I have to mail them and request for it.
What do you guys suggest,
Is there any counter offer should I place or take their offer or let RBI do their work and keep silent?

Gaara

TF Ace
A kotak sale team mis selled Kotak Myntra card to me saying that It is LTF. I reach out to kotak and due to their bogus response, I reach out to RBI escalation with proper proof.
Then, that sale girl call me and apologize and request me to withdraw my complaint as her job is in danger.
Now their corporate employee call me and accepted their mistake and offer me first year free Myntra card but not LTF. For that I have to mail them and request for it.
Is there any counter offer should I place or take their offer or let RBI do their work and keep silent?
If I were in your position, I would not withdraw my complaint unless I receive the promised resolution. Many people have been adversely affected by this mis-selling. Be cautious of Kotak’s customer dialogues; they may not rectify their mistake willingly. Please provide us with the reference email, and we will also file a complaint.

Kotak Myntra Credit Card with zero fee for upto 3 years
@kshitij_0 @CAKARANBATRA @alanabraham @pavan000 @Unleash

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
You have a strong case. Don't get into emotional trap of agent. You were not first & will not be last customer whom they will missell credit cards.

They need to learn lesson. Just don't budge till they make it LTF. If you have proofs, just don't negotiate till you get desired outcome.

Note :- If they promise LTF, take them in writing by email before taking back case.

hgupta

TF Buzz
You have a strong case. Don't get into emotional trap of agent. You were not first & will not be last customer whom they will missell credit cards.

They need to learn lesson. Just don't budge till they make it LTF. If you have proofs, just don't negotiate till you get desired outcome.

Note :- If they promise LTF, take them in writing by email before taking back case.
So, I should wait and watch until they offer it LTF else RBI will take action. Is not it?

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
I was on similar situation like you about 3 month ago

Finally received kotak zen signature LTF

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I will go against whatever all other said .
Employee was new they have no idea.. might have thought like every other core card of kotak .
Myntra kotak card can be offered ltf but no
No one got kotak Myntra rupay/mastercard LTF ..
I didn't saw a single person getting Myntra ltf ..
Even if u fight u will get other card ltf even white reserve but not this ..

I wonder even if @TechnoFino can Get kotak Myntra card LTF ..

& If u r new or old to this forum even When ppl open Burgundy account sometimes they don't get what they were lured with in start ..even when agent is in -person ..

So any promise made to you untill communicated with you in writing or Email .
You should not belive in Customer care words .

For Recorded call yes that a proof ,but if kotak system has no ltf for Myntra what can they do !

If you become Brittle & want to fight it to nails end .. wait & see..
Update us with what happens over time

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I reach out to RBI escalation with proper proof.
by proof you mean call recording or email ?
do not back out... get the card as LTF

Myntra kotak card can be offered ltf but no
each and every card can be made LTF, there is no rule which says the card can only be paid... Do you think AMEX US MD would be paying fees for Centurion (if he holds it) ?

Employee was new they have no idea.. might have thought like every other core card of kotak .
If employee was new, even then Kotak should bear the losses for not training their employee correctly and for not giving her correct info. When she called, she represented Kotak Bank. Whatever she said and agreed to has to be agreed by the bank as she represented them.

If she would have said "Sir, I am a 3rd party agent and selling kotak card as ltf" there would not be any case.... but she must be an employee with emp id and must have said "Mai kotak bank se bol rahi hun aur aapko myntra card ltf diya jaa raha hai" which means that to a customer, Kotak bank is giving the card as LTF. Turning your back (as a bank) doesn't work if you have recorded proof about the offer (even if not in actual, as that's misleading/Unfair sales practices).

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
by proof you mean call recording or email ?
do not back out... get the card as LTF

each and every card can be made LTF, there is no rule which says the card can only be paid... Do you think AMEX US MD would be paying fees for Centurion (if he holds it) ?

If employee was new, even then Kotak should bear the losses for not training their employee correctly and for not giving her correct info. When she called, she represented Kotak Bank. Whatever she said and agreed to has to be agreed by the bank as she represented them.

If she would have said "Sir, I am a 3rd party agent and selling kotak card as ltf" there would not be any case.... but she must be an empyee with emp id and must have said "Mai kotak bank se bol rahi hun aur aapko myntra card ltf diya jaa raha hai" which means that to a customer, Kotak bank is giving the card as LTF. Turning your back (as a bank) doesn't work if you have recorded proof about the offer (even if not in actual, as that's misleading/Unfair sales practices).
Kotak ltf is not coming ..either he will be compensated or offered another card ltf..

Or surprise me with kotak Myntra ltf .

We all will rush in for the same

Tejo

TF Legend
You should have mailed to cc grievance else even the tweet can offer ltf.

MusicalMind

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No one loses the job for mis-selling infact higher ups appreciate these behaviour. When I worked at axis bank, a group of girls teamed up with insurance guys to send fake insurance policies in the name of customers to achieve their targets I complained this to the VP and he scolded me and appreciate the girls behaviour. I resigned from axis Bank shortly because of these scams

its_karan

TF Ace
@CAKARANBATRA

Ask grievances team to provide what was offered, last time

LTF

Or
If denied LTF , ask for written proof that fees will be reversed for Year 2 and 3 with GST.

(Irrespective of above) Wait for 30 days of asking, then

1. File to Actual RBI Ombudsman with all proofs
  2. Kotak Team will call you, ask what was promised
Good Luck

(Will look like this)
1710160513553.jpeg

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

LTF

Or
If denied LTF , ask for written proof that fees will be reversed for Year 2 and 3 with GST.

Wait for 30 days of asking, then

Good Luck

1710160513553.jpeg
Everyone fees gonna get reversed who took in this offer ..

Ltf is impossible in this fight..

hgupta

TF Buzz

LTF

Or

(Irrespective of above) Wait for 30 days of asking, then

Good Luck

(Will look like this)
1710160513553.jpeg
Already complaint to RBI Ombudsman. That's why they are trying to negotiate with me with just first year free. For which I have to email them and request for it. Which I am not going to do. And wait and watch for RBI's action.

its_karan

TF Ace
Already complaint to RBI Ombudsman. That's why they are trying to negotiate with me with just first year free. For which I have to email them and request for it. Which I am not going to do. And wait and watch for RBI's action.
Hold your Position
LTF

Or

I hope you waited for 30 days before going to RBI