• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

JIO App's UPI section - Not possible to add Cards...

It is rather strange n surprising to see that we can't add ANY card to Jio App's UPI section.

You can add multiple bank accounts - but no way you can add either a Bank Rupay card or any prepaid Rupay card (like PepperMoney or Junio) or any other type of card - credit or debit. Of any platform.

This is one important feature which is totally missing in this App.

I wish they look into this aspect at the earliest.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
It is rather strange n surprising to see that we can't add ANY card to Jio App's UPI section.

You can add multiple bank accounts - but no way you can add either a Bank Rupay card or any prepaid Rupay card (like PepperMoney or Junio) or any other type of card - credit or debit. Of any platform.

This is one important feature which is totally missing in this App.

I wish they look into this aspect at the earliest.
They are busy with blackstone .

Gaara

TF Ace
1710086214057.png

The NPCI website indicates that Jio Finance is enabled for linking credit cards. However, it appears they may have overlooked enabling this feature. We need to verify this with customer support. But their availability is limited from 9 AM to 9 PM.

CONSUMER HELPLINE NUMBER
(9AM - 9PM, All Days)

EMAIL ID
care@jiopaymentsbank.com

Recently flipkart launched upi. You can try that. And give us an honest feedback.
It is another OK product.
Yet to evolve into glitch-free.
Adding bank account - needs multiple tries.
Similarly, adding cards is also not smooth. Needs multiple attempts.
Strangely, it doesn't permit more than 3 attempts.
Illogical n stupid.
That was my last week's observation when it was launched. Next testing after 2-3 weeks.

Tested again today morning.

UPI feature is a BIG let down. Unable to add ANY bank account or ANY card account. Allows only 3 attempts and then the device gets locked out. Will not work at all - even after the app is uninstalled n re-installation. Strange to see this. No other UPI App has this inability feature to add any bank account or card account. Scanner works - but where to debit ? NEEDS URGENT CHANGES TO THE APP. TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED.

Gaara

TF Ace
Tested again today morning.

UPI feature is a BIG let down. Unable to add ANY bank account or ANY card account. Allows only 3 attempts and then the device gets locked out. Will not work at all - even after the app is uninstalled n re-installation. Strange to see this. No other UPI App has this inability feature to add any bank account or card account. Scanner works - but where to debit ? NEEDS URGENT CHANGES TO THE APP. TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED.

It could be an issue with the app’s permissions or, specifically, your mobile settings.
  • Ensure that the UPI app has the necessary permissions and that your mobile settings allow the app to function properly.
My onboarding to UPI on Flipkart was super smooth; it happened in the first go. I linked the HDFC Tata Neo Rupay credit card. I haven’t seen any lags or bugs.

Now, let’s explore some possibilities to troubleshoot the issue:
  • Ensure App Permissions:
    • Make sure that Flipkart has all the necessary permissions in its settings for performing UPI transactions.
  • Single-Owned Bank Account:
    • UPI supports single-owned savings or current bank accounts. Joint bank accounts are not directly supported unless you are the primary account holder.
    • Verify that the bank account you’re trying to link is a single-owned account.
  • Mobile Number and Customer ID:
    • Check if the phone number registered with Flipkart is associated with any other joint account at the same bank.
    • If yes, consider updating the bank account with a different phone number.
    • Also, ensure that your mobile number is not linked to multiple customer IDs with the bank.
If you have verified all the above steps, consider reaching out to Flipkart customer care on 1800-208-9898. They may be able to assist you in identifying any missing elements

It could be an issue with the app’s permissions or, specifically, your mobile settings.
  • Ensure that the UPI app has the necessary permissions and that your mobile settings allow the app to function properly.
My onboarding to UPI on Flipkart was super smooth; it happened in the first go. I linked the HDFC Tata Neo Rupay credit card. I haven’t seen any lags or bugs.

Now, let’s explore some possibilities to troubleshoot the issue:
  • Ensure App Permissions:
    • Make sure that Flipkart has all the necessary permissions in its settings for performing UPI transactions.
  • Single-Owned Bank Account:
    • UPI supports single-owned savings or current bank accounts. Joint bank accounts are not directly supported unless you are the primary account holder.
    • Verify that the bank account you’re trying to link is a single-owned account.
  • Mobile Number and Customer ID:
    • Check if the phone number registered with Flipkart is associated with any other joint account at the same bank.
    • If yes, consider updating the bank account with a different phone number.
    • Also, ensure that your mobile number is not linked to multiple customer IDs with the bank.
If you have verified all the above steps, consider reaching out to Flipkart customer care on 1800-208-9898. They may be able to assist you in identifying any missing elements
I have 115 apps running on my Google Pixel 6a. All without any issue. And, FK got all the permissions that were sought. Already escalated it to their team, via GooglePlay. And, my Kotak Account is single-operated and is working flawlessly on about 8 Payment/UPI Apps. So, I am sure, the problem does not lie with my device or at my end.

Here are the SSs...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240311-121613.png
    Screenshot_20240311-121613.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20240311-121535.png
    Screenshot_20240311-121535.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20240311-121645.png
    Screenshot_20240311-121645.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 5