• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Is Completing August Milestone worth it? Need suggestions on Completing it.

pro2typ

TF Buzz
Hi,

I got onto the Magnus train very late! Got the card delivered in ending of July 2023, just couple of days before the Devaluation confirmation.

I took the card as it was covering the joining/renewal fees to a certain extent with the voucher(excluding the GST) and offered unlimited lounge access and BMS (1+1). Both are benefits which I don't usually use but wanted to have at my disposal whenever required.

Now with the devaluation and removal of the joining/renewal fee, I'm thinking atleast to get the August 25K milestone points (just for mental peace that I did it 😅).

Currently I've done about 50K for NPS this month and thinking of how to spend the next 50K?

Q1) Looked at Gift Edge for Amazon voucher which at 2X and transfer at 5:2 would give 150 points for 1000rs on Accor which might be slightly better than using Amazon Icici pay card for flat 5% cashback. Am I right in this assumption?

Q2) Apart from Amazon vouchers, which I guess have 10k limit for a month, what all vouchers can I take to cover the milestone.

Q3) Any other payments that you can suggest which I can do to achieve the milestone.

PS. I've already done the insurance payment in June.

Appreciate your help on this.

Last edited:

sd.ac

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I got onto the Magnus train very late! Got the card delivered in ending of July 2023, just couple of days before the Devaluation confirmation.

I took the card as it was covering the joining/renewal fees to a certain extent with the voucher(excluding the GST) and offered unlimited lounge access and BMS (1+1). Both are benefits which I don't usually use but wanted to have at my disposal whenever required.

Now with the devaluation and removal of the joining/renewal fee, I'm thinking atleast to get the August 25K milestone points (just for mental peace that I did it 😅).

Currently I've done about 50K for NPS this month and thinking of how to spend the next 50K?

Q1) Looked at Gift Edge for Amazon voucher which at 2X and transfer at 5:2 would give 150 points for 1000rs on Accor which might be slightly better than using Amazon Icici pay card for flat 5% cashback. Am I right in this assumption?

Q2) Apart from Amazon vouchers, which I guess have 10k limit for a month, what all vouchers can I take to cover the milestone.

Q3) Any other payments that you can suggest which I can do to achieve the milestone.

I have a somewhat unhelpful response. If you had spent 80K+ this month, this plan makes sense. Since your spends are at 50K instead, I would simply *miss* the milestone - not worth buying stuff just to get there (assuming you are a non-Burgundy member). Since you just got the card, I am sure you will find a nice way to use it at some point in the next year - axis offers or more changes to policy etc. - until it's up for renewal.

ismail

TF Select
if u have reasonable spends like Govt spends which no other card gives benifits, u can go for August milestone. As 25k points translate to 10K ITC/Marriott points which is a good amount and almost equal to 1 year annual fee

Ram Arvin

TF Buzz
Please dont spend extra money for the sake of spending. I am also excactly like you, got the card in July which was too late. I have genuine expenses which i am spending now which will complete the milestone. Please note for some % of discount, spending the principal is extremely costly

Hi,

Unnecessary spending just to achieve that milestone is not useful. Although you'd get a return of 5:2 for accor (which is still higher than 5% one can get on Amazon icici/SBI Cashback kind of cards), making purchases that you don't need to just to get to that return isn't very fruitful.

Vaastav

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Unnecessary spending just to achieve that milestone is not useful. Although you'd get a return of 5:2 for accor (which is still higher than 5% one can get on Amazon icici/SBI Cashback kind of cards), making purchases that you don't need to just to get to that return isn't very fruitful.
Didn't they changed Accor to 10:1??

Warlock27

TF Select
Hi,

You can buy jewellery or insurance as they are considered under milestone benefits. While insurance might not be much but gold could just be another investment for you.
Or, you could give vouchers to your friends at a discounted price to cover the remaining 50k, suppose you'll get around 8% (assuming a spend on 2x category) overall return when you convert your points to Accor so you just hand out vouchers at a 5% discount. I know not the best way but could help you in getting the milestone without spending substantially.
But I agree with others as well, don't spend just to get the rewards.

pro2typ

TF Buzz
Definitely agree on your point of not spending unnecessarily.
That's why doing this as a one time thing to try, understand and learn how cc experts used to utilize the milestone to the fullest for so many months while the crazy 30%+ reward rate was active.
So considering I've been hovering in the 5% return domain, getting this last chance to get ~12% value is more of a new experience for me.

pro2typ

TF Buzz
You can buy jewellery or insurance as they are considered under milestone benefits. While insurance might not be much but gold could just be another investment for you.
Or, you could give vouchers to your friends at a discounted price to cover the remaining 50k, suppose you'll get around 8% (assuming a spend on 2x category) overall return when you convert your points to Accor so you just hand out vouchers at a 5% discount. I know not the best way but could help you in getting the milestone without spending substantially.
But I agree with others as well, don't spend just to get the rewards.
Thanks for the gold idea. Vouchers I'm still evaluating on which ones makes sense to me to use and if any of my friends need them.
Apart from Amazon/Uber nobody trust other vouchers 😅😅

Warlock27

TF Select
Thanks for the gold idea. Vouchers I'm still evaluating on which ones makes sense to me to use and if any of my friends need them.
Apart from Amazon/Uber nobody trust other vouchers 😅😅
Swiggy, Zomato, Myntra, Nykaa, Tata Cliq, BigBasket (GrabDeals) etc, can be added directly to wallet and are pretty straightforward to use.
But again, useless if you don't spend on these platforms at all.

That's why doing this as a one time thing to try, understand and learn how cc experts used to utilize the milestone to the fullest for so many months while the crazy 30%+ reward rate was active.
So considering I've been hovering in the 5% return domain, getting this last chance to get ~12% value is more of a new experience for me.
You can try it. In total you'd be getting 6k+25k reward points, even if you redeem them as statement credit you'd get a 6% return as 1RP=20paisa if redeemed that way, anything else would be more. If you can transfer points to accor then the points you have now can be transferred with 5:4 (6000 points would be 4800 in accor) and considering you don't get the burgandy status the 25000 would be converted to 10000 accor points (5:2) that if axis doesn't choose to make the conversion 10:1 like it's been in rumours now so the 14800 accor points would be equivalent to 296 euros (2000 accor points equal to 40 Euros) which is equal to around 26,936 which still isn't that bad. I guess that's why they discontinued the 25k bonus points as milestone benefit.

Truth be told I've personally experienced that 5% is the best one could get in form of simple cashback. There might be card out there that could dish out higher returns but getting plain simple money (statement credit) is the best and easiest thing. To maximize the returns one has to look for hotel stays, flight bookings etc as these companies team up with the banks in order to grow their businesses they give higher returns. I didn't even hear about the Accor group before getting the magnus card 😂