• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IndusInd bank Select Savings Account and Legend Credit Card

hellobois

TF Ace
Hi. I received my Select Savings Account welcome kit today but I'm not able to link it with my legend credit card in mobile application. Please help. My 50000 is already stuck in select account and there is no way to take it out as I have to pay penalty as non maintenance charges.
Please help 🥺

pgarg24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@emadiqbalali @VijayflyRaven
I am unable to open select account online as it throws a error that account already exists, even though i never had any relationship with indusind

so i will now visit branch,
my doubts..
1. how many days will it take to completly activate the account ( can be used freely)
2. how much initial funding is req 50k or 1lacs ?
3. how much time will branch executive takes to open the account when i visit the branch ?
Hi, I opened select account from branch.

Initial finding was 50k for primary account and 10k for any addon account (family banking). Primary account was opened and received debit card, net banking and cheque in 4 days of account opening.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Hi, I opened select account from branch.

Initial finding was 50k for primary account and 10k for any addon account (family banking). Primary account was opened and received debit card, net banking and cheque in 4 days of account opening.
You can negotiate with the bank for 0 funding add on a/c.
We opened 2 accounts without funding and got welcome kit as well.

For primary it's 50k for sure

emadiqbalali

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@emadiqbalali @VijayflyRaven
I am unable to open select account online as it throws a error that account already exists, even though i never had any relationship with indusind

so i will now visit branch,
my doubts..
1. how many days will it take to completly activate the account ( can be used freely)
2. how much initial funding is req 50k or 1lacs ?
3. how much time will branch executive takes to open the account when i visit the branch ?
Yes, visit branch. If you even have the Credit Card then also it might not allow you to open online. However, you might unknowingly have the relationship with them, you will know once you visit the branch.

1. My account was made and activated next day itself as I got sms. However, you still can't do anything till you get welcome kit. Welcome kit request was created on third day and was dispatched 2 days later and got it next day of dispatch. (It was due to holidays in between or you will get it within 3 working days)
2. You can open with 50k however in my case I opted for 1L to keep good relationship with RM.
3. You should be done within 30 minutes or max 1 hour.

krishc

TF Ace
Hi. I received my Select Savings Account welcome kit today but I'm not able to link it with my legend credit card in mobile application. Please help. My 50000 is already stuck in select account and there is no way to take it out as I have to pay penalty as non maintenance charges.
Please help 🥺
this select & legend account linking problem I'm facing since last week ( post receiving select welcome kit)
IVR & CC both useless, email helpline also useless.
all my attempts are going in vain.
last ditch option is to visit branch and threaten to close the account if things not properly done.

j_s

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You can negotiate with the bank for 0 funding add on a/c.
We opened 2 accounts without funding and got welcome kit as well.

For primary it's 50k for sure
Hi @pprakash11 , can you elaborate the add on account opening process? Is it necessary to open the add on account in the home branch? Can we open add on account for people who live in different cities? That sort of stuff.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Hi @pprakash11 , can you elaborate the add on account opening process? Is it necessary to open the add on account in the home branch? Can we open add on account for people who live in different cities? That sort of stuff.
You can but how will they sign the group consent form? Better to open it in a branch because you need to sign the form.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
You can open any 0 balance account for add on members in any city.
But just one form to be signed (Account Grouping), and then only the request will be processed.
You can courier from them, and submit in your home branch.

Reactions: j_s

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Did you try linking the debit card with credit card (after logging to your credit card)?

You can also do the reverse and try if above fails. Login to your debit card and link credit card.

I got continuous error when my account was on debit freeze. Please check by transferring money out. If you resolve debit freeze, then linking works after few days. I tried all the above ways using net banking and mobile app. Don’t know which worked but I kept getting error. But eventually after 2 days, I saw it linked.
this select & legend account linking problem I'm facing since last week ( post receiving select welcome kit)
IVR & CC both useless, email helpline also useless.
all my attempts are going in vain.
last ditch option is to visit branch and threaten to close the account if things not properly done.

Last edited:

krishc

TF Ace
Did you try linking the debit card with credit card (after logging to your credit card)?

You can also do the reverse and try if above fails. Login to your debit card and link credit card.

I got continuous error when my account was on debit freeze. Please check by transferring money out. If you resolve debit freeze, then linking works after few days. I tried all the above ways using net banking and mobile app. Don’t know which worked but I kept getting error. But eventually after 2 days, I saw it linked.
that's the first thing I tried
since It didn't work
I created new user id for savings and tried the reverse
this debit freeze - hearing first time
let me try transferring
edit : it worked, means no debit freeze there

Last edited:

S.B.N.B

TF Select
Where is said if we have legend credit card we can have select saving acc at 0 mab? I couldn't find anywhere in legend cc benifit. Maybe they can deny if no proof.. even asked customer care they didn't answer yet anything

emadiqbalali

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Where is said if we have legend credit card we can have select saving acc at 0 mab? I couldn't find anywhere in legend cc benifit. Maybe they can deny if no proof.. even asked customer care they didn't answer yet anything
Why did you check Legend CC Benefits? It's not Legend Benefits, its the Select Account benefits. Check the Select Account charges brochure and the credit card are mentioned.

emadiqbalali

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

This is how it is showing me in the NetBanking however, the mobile banking says that I don't have credit card and give two options to apply and to link.

Is it linked, can you confirm?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230504-123717.png
    Screenshot_20230504-123717.png
    137.8 KB · Views: 192

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This is how it is showing me in the NetBanking however, the mobile banking says that I don't have credit card and give two options to apply and to link.

Is it linked, can you confirm?
Yours is already linked. :)

Mobile banking will show up after sometime. I hope you did not create two mobile banking accounts. Similarly net banking I created 2 IDs and only one will show both credit and debit like yours.
But for mobile banking I created only 1 ID.

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Refer schedule of charges for savings account. Legend is required for AMB waiver.

krishc

TF Ace
Had another golden experience with IndusInd today.
In reply of my week old ticket for the ongoing issue, they asked me to share screenshot and description of all the pages and errors and everything I'm facing in their mind-blowing tech stack, as if I've no other work. No attempt to help, or solve the issue even via call to understand the issue.
Angry with this response, tried to take another chance with IVR, after sometime to my immense luck were able to reach a human who listened to the issue and transferred to another - she at first couldn't understand the issue then after prolonged explanation finally understood and informed me that the idiot who had taken the request to delete/delink my old cc userid had put the wrong request which didn't work and she placed the correct request to 'delete' the old cc userid and it will be done within 24 hours.
Couple of hours after this, MC debit request ticket also got reply and this time they said they are unable to do it via mail, I have to place the request via IVR. So over to IVR again, this time the support person at first was adamant that I can't have two debit cards at a time, then I kind of forcefully explained that it is select account and have read SOB SOC TNC everything and I'm eligible, her job is to take the request and not worry about approval.
Then she said she would place the request in the system and tried for few minutes and in the end, said system is not taking request, she acknowledged that I'm eligible but due to system technical limitation this request cannot be placed while one debit card is active.
I then said IndusInd is a worthless bank and I want to close the account and raise a closure request, again got the reply that It can be done via visiting branch only.
I then asked for branch contact no, even that she said cannot be given.
Then I said another round about worthless bank and would definitely close the account and cut the call.

Last edited:

emadiqbalali

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yours is already linked. :)

Mobile banking will show up after sometime. I hope you did not create two mobile banking accounts. Similarly net banking I created 2 IDs and only one will show both credit and debit like yours.
But for mobile banking I created only 1 ID.
Oh, I did create Mobile Banking ID for credit card however for the account I did sign up for NetBanking first then it showed me to signup for the Mobile Banking by setting MPIN within netbanking so I did.

So I think two mobile banking IDs are there. However, in service request within my bank account I could see the service requests raised previously for Credit Card.

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Oh, I did create Mobile Banking ID for credit card however for the account I did sign up for NetBanking first then it showed me to signup for the Mobile Banking by setting MPIN within netbanking so I did.

So I think two mobile banking IDs are there. However, in service request within my bank account I could see the service requests raised previously for Credit Card.
Ok. So please check both the IDs and you will see the link in only 1 ID.

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
We have to be patient with this bank. It takes time to resolve issues. The best bet is to use the RM and email (reach us).

I transferred USD and icici takes 1 day while for Indus it is already 4 days and still no sign of my money. Looks like nobody knows the process and they will need time to resolve. We may need to spend time as well.
Had another golden experience with IndusInd today.
In reply of my week old ticket for the ongoing issue, they asked me to share screenshot and description of all the pages and errors and everything I'm facing in their mind-blowing tech stack, as if I've no other work. No attempt to help, or solve the issue even via call to understand the issue.
Angry with this response, tried to take another chance with IVR, after sometime to my immense luck were able to reach a human who listened to the issue and transferred to another - she at first couldn't understand the issue then after prolonged explanation finally understood and informed me that the idiot who had taken the request to delete/delink my old cc userid had put the wrong request which didn't work and she placed the correct request to 'delete' the old cc userid and it will be done within 24 hours.
Couple of hours after this, MC debit request ticket also got reply and this time they said they are unable to do it via mail, I have to place the request via IVR. So over to IVR again, this time the support person at first was adamant that I can't have two debit cards at a time, then I kind of forcefully explained that it is select account and have read SOB SOC TNC everything and I'm eligible, her job is to take the request and not worry about approval.
Then she said she would place the request in the system and tried for few minutes and in the end, said system is not taking request, she acknowledged that I'm eligible but due to system technical limitation this request cannot be placed while one debit card is active.
I then said IndusInd is a worthless bank and I want to close the account and raise a closure request, again got the reply that It can be done via visiting branch only.
I then asked for branch contact no, even that she said cannot be given.
Then I said another round about worthless bank and would definitely close the account and cut the call.