• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Incorrect Inquiry by SBM Bank

ayushnayyar

TF Buzz
I have a credit enquiry from SBMBKINDIA, but I have never availed a loan/BNPL from SBM Bank. I raised a dispute on CIBIL, but they asked me to contact the bank, which I did, to no avail. What should I do now?

krishc

TF Ace
Did anyone find out which fintech app actually caused these wrong CIBIL enquiries ?
or was it totally on SBM playing some out-of-the-galaxy games ?

mrclown

TF Buzz
Hey guys, today I checked my CIBIL and saw a new account from SBM Bank. Can someone confirm if a new account is added for all or just me? I have already disputed it.

jyotimanb

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hey guys, today I checked my CIBIL and saw a new account from SBM Bank. Can someone confirm if a new account is added for all or just me? I have already disputed it.
New account or new enquiry?

In case of new account, is it a loan account or Credit Card account?
There are a few services like One Card FD, ET Money card etc etc. are offered with tie up with SBM India. Let's know what it looks like.

mrclown

TF Buzz
If you have Trip money Forex card from MMT. This account of limit ₹1,000 will be added as credit card from SBM Bank.
Credit limit is not shown. It is showing " - " in Credit Limit.

I do have the Trip Money forex card. But when did a forex card become a credit card?

Here I am cleaning my credit reports by closing all loans and now new accounts are popping out of nowhere.

jyotimanb

TF Select
VIP Lounge

I do have the Trip Money forex card. But when did a forex card become a credit card?

Here I am cleaning my credit reports by closing all loans and now new accounts are popping out of nowhere.
Do write to the nodal desk with this query, for which account they report the CC Account to your CIBIL! They would arrange a call back as well. At least for me I got 3 calls from their end.

You would find description of the same in the earlier messages of the same thread.

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator

Same here!

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
i too got my forex card added in credit card section in cibil.
what is this shitty bank doing. first they reject the credit enquiry dispute and one has to fight hard to clear it. and later they add the the prepaid forex card to credit card. so they were enquiring for forex card and not admitting their mistake. why does one have to fight if it is clear that the enquiry was false and later still they continue to do this 😡

gautampai

TF Select
I have taken a Paisabazaar step-up credit card on a Rs. 10,000 FD. But in my Credit Report, there's a Credit Enquiry of Rs. 1,00,000 by SBM Bank. I contacted Paisabazaar and they asked me to contact CIBIL. I have mailed customer care of SBM Bank, but no reply from them. Is there any hope left for me, to remove the credit enquiry from my report?

Arcade

TF Buzz
I have taken a Paisabazaar step-up credit card on a Rs. 10,000 FD. But in my Credit Report, there's a Credit Enquiry of Rs. 1,00,000 by SBM Bank. I contacted Paisabazaar and they asked me to contact CIBIL. I have mailed customer care of SBM Bank, but no reply from them. Is there any hope left for me, to remove the credit enquiry from my report?
Write to nodal.officer@sbmbank.co.in attaching any previous interactions you've had with the cc.
Don't lose hope, it may take multiple emails and some warnings but it'll be removed.

Bob78900

TF Premier
Directly mail to the bank. That's the only option. And can you tell me your card is showing in your cibil records or not?

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
New account or new enquiry?

In case of new account, is it a loan account or Credit Card account?
There are a few services like One Card FD, ET Money card etc etc. are offered with tie up with SBM India. Let's know what it looks like.
Got this reply today:

Dear Mr. Kumar,

Greetings from SBM Bank India.

This is in regards to the query raised with us on 21st August 2022 regarding New credit card report in CIBIL

We would like to inform you that below mentioned card is partnership with SBM and Happay (Trip Money).

As confirmed by our partner TripMoney Global Cash Card is a credit card. The credit limit will be equal to the amount you load. The Card reflects in the bureau report. However, it does not have any effect on your Credit Scoring or CIBIL score.