• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Incorrect Inquiry by SBM Bank

ayushnayyar

TF Buzz
I have a credit enquiry from SBMBKINDIA, but I have never availed a loan/BNPL from SBM Bank. I raised a dispute on CIBIL, but they asked me to contact the bank, which I did, to no avail. What should I do now?

jyotimanb

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Got this reply today:

Dear Mr. Kumar,

Greetings from SBM Bank India.

This is in regards to the query raised with us on 21st August 2022 regarding New credit card report in CIBIL

We would like to inform you that below mentioned card is partnership with SBM and Happay (Trip Money).

As confirmed by our partner TripMoney Global Cash Card is a credit card. The credit limit will be equal to the amount you load. The Card reflects in the bureau report. However, it does not have any effect on your Credit Scoring or CIBIL score.
Ye kya baat hua!

I don't know about this card! But the way it has been mentioned in the last paragraph, it seems to be a prepaid card.

Let's know, if it's a Credit Card you have to move on with the enquiry, if not, then you can further escalate.

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
they declined my enquiry and account dispute and now they are telling that their forex card is credit card and we will have to accept. 😢😢

gautampai

TF Select
Directly mail to the bank. That's the only option. And can you tell me your card is showing in your cibil records or not?
Yes, card is being shown in cibil report.
I mailed the customer care 2 months ago, but did not receive any reply. So i forwarded the mail to nodal officer, within a day I received call from SBM Bank. Also I've filed the complaint through RBI Ombudsman. Got a mail from SBM, saying they're looking into it and will respond soon.

It's just weird that, while applying through paisabazaar they've clearly mentioned credit enquiry will not be done. And in SBM Bank MITC, they've told they'll do a credit enquiry (although that's for a unsecured card).

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I now have 3 credit cards from SBM

1. Onecard
2. Tripmoney
3. No idea (PNO office called me and asked me whether I have hop or paisabazaar or something. Even they don't know what card that is)

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Is there any way to cancel this shit Trip Money Forex Card? I really don't want my CIBIL Report contain an open SBM Bank Credit Card which is absolutely useless!!

FYI, I too had an enquiry ₹75,000 through SBM Bank and a new account of Credit Card added with - limit.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Is there any way to cancel this shit Trip Money Forex Card? I really don't want my CIBIL Report contain an open SBM Bank Credit Card which is absolutely useless!!

FYI, I too had an enquiry ₹75,000 through SBM Bank and a new account of Credit Card added with - limit.
I have emailed today for the removal of the inquiry as stated in this thread. I will update the response as I found, that SBM Bank rejected the request of one of the members for inquiry removal.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I have 4 credit accounts from SBM now. 2 known and 2 unknown(with 0 credit limit). Nodal officer is not responding. Escalated to Principal nodal officer.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
I have 4 credit accounts from SBM now. 2 known and 2 unknown(with 0 credit limit). Nodal officer is not responding. Escalated to Principal nodal officer.
I mailed TripMoney to close this shit Happay/TripMoney Global Forex card. They mailed will be closed in next 7 days. And mail to PNO to remove inquiry. Received a call from NO, asking PAN Number after that he will suppress the inquiry.

Strange

TF Legend
Yeah it's an actual visa platinum credit card bin
It was a VISA Platinum Prepaid Card when it was launched. I think SBM Changed this card BIN from prepaid to credit card. There was no mention about Credit card in TripMoney FAQ but now they have added FAQs about credit card.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
I received a revert from the TripMoney team that they have detached the card from my MMT page, and have fwd the details to bank for closing the card account in CIBIL.

Last edited: