IDFC FIRST Vistara Credit Card Review | IDFC First Bank Launched Vistara Co-Branded Credit Card

rahulsethi

Attractive features but slightly heavy on charges.

I applied for this card and immediately got approved. (I hold existing IDFC Classic Credit Card). Already using SBI, Axis, Indus Vistara Cards. I was already looking to get new vistara card as i didnt want to spend more than 4.5 lac on SBI and Axis. This card just filled perfect spot in my portfolio.

IMG_DBA88176F2DD-1 2.jpeg
Is Indus vistara with it's steep fee worth?

tryabp

Is Indus vistara with it's steep fee worth?
I got it for 10k joining fee. So, i think its worth it by calculating Eazydiner 3k+3k offer, 1 business class ticket. Zero forex markup, Vistara Gold membership. I use this card to make payments to online merchants using Razorpay Gateway >> Ola Money account and that counts in Hotel, Airline, Travel category hence i get 6 CV points for each 200 spends. Almost everyone is on razorpay hence this card it worth it for my needs.

Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 3.36.00 PM.png

rocky15

i got the idfc vistara card on app, when can i expect the pe ticket voucher, any idea? and it applies to any domestic flight right?

credit_debit

Isi thread ka link hai ye
Sorry for confusion. Wanted to send this forum link to below forum to avoid duplicate. Its already closed now by admin.

CMG

I got it for 10k joining fee. So, i think its worth it by calculating Eazydiner 3k+3k offer, 1 business class ticket. Zero forex markup, Vistara Gold membership. I use this card to make payments to online merchants using Razorpay Gateway >> Ola Money account and that counts in Hotel, Airline, Travel category hence i get 6 CV points for each 200 spends. Almost everyone is on razorpay hence this card it worth it for my needs.

Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 3.36.00 PM.png
How did you get it for 10k?

Network does Matter when you spend Internationally, this card have Markup Fees of 2.99% which is Less compared to SBI or AXIS. Also Mastercard have Low Forex Rates then VISA, AMEX, Diners, JCB or anyone else. Also Occasional offer on Mastercard Variant Like Wydham Gold on Mastercard, apart from that its always good to hold all variant as Everyone Hold a Visa Card anyways.
RuPay-JCB Card have lowest Forex Rates compare with Mastercard.

SBI RuPay-JCB Card also dnt charge any Markup Fees.

@lucky

shsinha

Here is value chart and comparison with SBI, Axis and IDFC. Joining bonus, CV rate, milestone benefit considered as well as assuming 1CV = 0.85 INR (this could vary). Assuming economy ticket = 4500 and Premium economy ticket = 6000 (excluding tax/surcharge). IDFC Vistara seems to be better.
vistara_valueback.PNG
Second year, welcome bonus will be missing and value may decrease couple of percentage.

Here is value chart and comparison with SBI, Axis and IDFC. Joining bonus, CV rate, milestone benefit considered as well as assuming 1CV = 0.85 INR (this could vary). Assuming economy ticket = 4500 and Premium economy ticket = 6000 (excluding tax/surcharge). IDFC Vistara seems to be better.
vistara_valueback.PNG
There are lots of many other factors, IDFC First reward rate is 0.5% CV for utility, insurance, wallet, rent, etc.
2k extra fees
you need to spend for lounge

Those who are planning to get IDFC Vistara Card, do it after 17th as 30000 spends are considered on a billing date basis and not on a joining date basis. Billing date for this card is 17th, so, in case you apply for it today, you'll only have 3 days to spend 30k and complete target for first month.

shsinha

There are lots of many other factors, IDFC First reward rate is 0.5% CV for utility, insurance, wallet, rent, etc.
2k extra fees
you need to spend for lounge
fees was accounted for all cards. Variable CV for specific category is not accounted. Assuming regular (max CV) for purchase.

sharpened

vistara_valueback.PNG
What does the plot look like without the joining bonus? Curious to see which one is better second year onwards.

CVR

vistara_valueback.PNG
Thanks for this. So someone who wants to spend only 1.5 lakh on vistara card which looks best? Difficult to read in graph.