• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC FIRST Bank Credit Card Reward System Devaluation

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Hello everyone,
IDFC FIRST Bank devalued it's credit card reward system again.
> Effective 17th May 2022, minimum spends required in a billing cycle to unlock 10X Reward Points is being revised from ₹20,000 to ₹25,000 - For Select.
For Wealth - from 20,000 to 30,000

> Your accrual of 1X = 1 Reward Point per ₹100 will change to 1X = 1 Reward Point per ₹125 (For Select), Classic/Millennia - 1 Reward Point per ₹150
Your Reward Points will continue to have a value of ₹0.25 per Reward Point.
> Effective 1st Oct 2022, Reward redemption through any redemption channel will attract a small convenience charge of ₹99 (+ applicable taxes) per redemption transaction.
Screenshot 2022-04-16 at 6.17.13 PM.png
For IDFC First Wealth Card -
Core Reward Rate -
Online - 1.5%
Offline - 0.75%
10X - 2.5%
10X after you spend 30K

For IDFC First Select Card -
Core Reward Rate -
Online - 1.2%
Offline - 0.6%
10X - 2%
10X after you spend 25K

For IDFC First Millennia/Classic Card -
Core Reward Rate -
Online - 1%
Offline - 0.5%
10X - 1.67%
10X after you spend 20K

Reward redemption charges 99+GST applicable for all four card variants from 1st oct, 2022.

Share your view.
Bank Page Link (Select Card) - https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/personal-banking/Important-Communication-Rewards-Select
Wealth Card - https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/personal-banking/Important-Communication-Rewards-Wealth
Classic - https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/personal-banking/Important-Communication-Rewards-Classic
Millennia - https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/personal-banking/Important-Communication-Rewards-Millennia

Last edited:

nirsark

TF Premier
Well, it was expected, since all cards were launched with the same rewards rate. Finally there is some differenciator. I guess IDFC First Bank is updating their Credit Cards system.

Expected Features:

1. Upgrading Credit Cards: Although lots of people got IDFC CC upgrades, since 2022 their cc upgrades have been temporarily paused. I guess they should be starting them once their CC reward scheme is segregated.
2. Linking their Banking Program with Credit Card variants (Classic, Select, Wealth, Private).

Let's see. I don't have much to comment about their rewards scheme. As long as I hold Axis Ace CC, these won't affect my day-to-day spending!

Baaki Wealth Cc users have more benefits in terms of Movies, Insurance, etc. That's there. :)

Last edited:

AllSeeker

TF Ace
They have basically killed off all the hype with their own hands. lmao

Now even average starter cards like amazon and flipkart seem much much better. Now my IDFC card will be seating on shelf after getting that rs 500 reward for spending 15k in 90 days. (I hope they suddenly don't deny that :ROFLMAO: )

vysakh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
They have basically killed off all the hype with their own hands. lmao

Now even average starter cards like amazon and flipkart seem much much better. Now my IDFC card will be seating on shelf after getting that rs 500 reward for spending 15k in 90 days. (I hope they suddenly don't deny that :ROFLMAO: )
I had stopped once I got that 500 voucher.
Occasionally I see some discounts on swiggy.

nirsark

TF Premier
I wish I had GPay on an Android device 🥲
I am also on the same page like you, using iphone 11. The same reason I didn't apply for Ace CC since launch, and only applied it in January, just before it got discontinued from Axis Channel (and only issued via GPay on Android).

But honestly, even without GPay, the 2% CB on online and offline transactions are more than sufficient. Currently one of the luckiest ones to hold Axis Addon Credit Cards (for Ace, FK, Neo), and it doubles the benefits especially during sales. :love::love::love:

AllSeeker

TF Ace
I am also on the same page like you, using iphone 11. The same reason I didn't apply for Ace CC since launch, and only applied it in January, just before it got discontinued from Axis Channel (and only issued via GPay on Android).

But honestly, even without GPay, the 2% CB on online and offline transactions are more than sufficient. Currently one of the luckiest ones to hold Axis Addon Credit Cards (for Ace, FK, Neo), and it doubles the benefits especially during sales. :love::love::love:
Yes, freecharge was also good but now Freecharge app started charging some fees for bill payments, so that benefit gets reduced.

Though, my experience with freecharge is also very good. Never failed a transaction.