• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC credit card charging EMI for refunded transaction.

kochiro

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My friend phone stopped working so I ordered her a phone from Flipkart on EMI. It was showing same day delivery during order process and the entire day but the phone never came and she has to leave next day morning so I cancelled it.
Now the transaction and cancellation happened on same day but on next day I noticed that it was showing refund + emi processing charge and gst. Instead of settling the refund against outstanding, it is now showing it as excess credit. What should I do, they are asking to pay for foreclosure fee but I don't understand how can they charge for a transaction which wasn't settled and immediately got refunded.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
My friend phone stopped working so I ordered her a phone from Flipkart on EMI. It was showing same day delivery during order process and the entire day but the phone never came and she has to leave next day morning so I cancelled it.
Now the transaction and cancellation happened on same day but on next day I noticed that it was showing refund + emi processing charge and gst. Instead of settling the refund against outstanding, it is now showing it as excess credit. What should I do, they are asking to pay for foreclosure fee but I don't understand how can they charge for a transaction which wasn't settled and immediately got refunded.
Emi process is instant and they will ask for charges even the transaction not settled and canceled

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
Since you cancelled it, they will treat it as user cancellation and not a merchant transaction failure.

It is generally written in the fine print that foreclosure of Emi loans will attract penal charges.

They simply don't care about why it was foreclosed. Most fights in the world are about this. - He is right. I am also right.

Thanks!!

kochiro

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Since you cancelled it, they will treat it as user cancellation and not a merchant transaction failure.

It is generally written in the fine print that foreclosure of Emi loans will attract penal charges.

They simply don't care about why it was foreclosed. Most fights in the world are about this. - He is right. I am also right.

Thanks!!
no no I didn't cancel it the transaction simply failed after otp.