• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Icici secured platinum card to unsecured coral card

sarainfo12

TF Premier
Hi,
Due to my cibil score was NH, (5 years ago my education loan got written off and settled with reliance, no other loans or account ) , my credit card applications got rejected when i tried to apply Amazon pay icici credit card and indusind card .

So created FD (3500rs) and got secured credit card against it on Feb 15 2023.
And also i opened amazon pay later account same month .

Now in my cibil report Amazon pay later account related information showing and cibil score showing 774. But still no info about icici platinum credit card.

I joined in a MNC on Dec 2022 ( before that i was worked on small company) , monthly salary 70k credited regularly from Jan on icici bank account only .

So how long it will take to icici bank offer me unsecured credit card like coral card ?
When will my icici credit card will reflect on cibil report?

Will indusind back approve my credit card if i apply again next month ( i need eazydiner card ?

SamPtnk

TF Ace
If you hold a secured ICICI plat card you wont get any unsecured card .
Since you had a write off I would suggest to use the secured card for atleast 1 year then close it. Make sure utilization is below 30%

After 1 year close it and wait

And for the love of god close the pay later account ASAP

P B R G

TF Ace
Same mistake i did, opened FD based ICICI card. Now not getting any offer for unsecured card from ICICI. You can get other bank entry level credit cards though, just wait for the ICICI card to reflect 2-3 times in CIBIL.

sarainfo12

TF Premier
Same mistake i did, opened FD based ICICI card. Now not getting any offer for unsecured card from ICICI. You can get other bank entry level credit cards though, just wait for the ICICI card to reflect 2-3 times in CIBIL.
So if i have more than 3 months history of that credit card in cibil, is that enough and close the secured card ?

sarainfo12

TF Premier
Today i requested to convert my savings account to salary account from my imobile app , hope that will increase the possibility of getting unsecured cards in future.

saucy

TF Ace
Dude
Does your mnc have time up with ICICI as a preferred bank partner?
If yes, directly talk to the RM - ICICI gives coral at 50k salary ltf. I got mine with no history at all.

If not, try talking to your branch manager and tell them to upgrade your account to titanium.
Then you'll automatically get pre approved cc

Also, i guess idfc gives CC as long as your earning, even without cibil history. Try them

sarainfo12

TF Premier
Dude
Does your mnc have time up with ICICI as a preferred bank partner?
If yes, directly talk to the RM - ICICI gives coral at 50k salary ltf. I got mine with no history at all.

If not, try talking to your branch manager and tell them to upgrade your account to titanium.
Then you'll automatically get pre approved cc

Also, i guess idfc gives CC as long as your earning, even without cibil history. Try them
They shown list of around 10 banks while during induction and icici bank was first in the list.

sarainfo12

TF Premier
So why don't you already have a titanium account, kekarot?
No idea , my company dont open any salary accounts , they said we are tied up with those banks and add your bank account details in portal to get salary credited . So i gave my savings account details there and salary getting credited every last day of month.
I joined on Dec mid 2022 , so it's been only 4 months.

saucy

TF Ace
Ok no worries.
Find in your docs on Bank accounts available for salary - companies provide agents to quickly open account if you don't have - you'll find the relationship manager for ICICI.
Call them and ask for your account to be upgraded to titanium. And that you wish to get the ltf credit card.

They may say "no ltf for you"
You be firm and tell them - it's a titanium salary account and the docs clearly mention LTF credit card.
I'll post here some things you may show to them if they give you nakhras.

Also all these things are just to be used IF BY CHANCE they say "no Ltf for you"

Normally you'll just get one :)

sarainfo12

TF Premier
Ok no worries.
Find in your docs on Bank accounts available for salary - companies provide agents to quickly open account if you don't have - you'll find the relationship manager for ICICI.
Call them and ask for your account to be upgraded to titanium. And that you wish to get the ltf credit card.

They may say "no ltf for you"
You be firm and tell them - it's a titanium salary account and the docs clearly mention LTF credit card.
I'll post here some things you may show to them if they give you nakhras.

Also all these things are just to be used IF BY CHANCE they say "no Ltf for you"

Normally you'll just get one :)
Ok i will try ,
I have 10L amount in iwish deposit account also . Which will be matured in 8 months . If they don't provide ltf card then i will move those funds to my hdfc bank Account.

saucy

TF Ace
Put 6 in HDFC and get priority banking.
Hdfc has slightly better fd rates.
And they don't charge of your don't maintain the amb later -- from what I've heard and understood from the website

sarainfo12

TF Premier
Put 6 in HDFC and get priority banking.
Hdfc has slightly better fd rates.
And they don't charge of your don't maintain the amb later -- from what I've heard and understood from the website
Recently created 1.5L FD to avoid minimum balance requirement on my hdfc max savings account (joint account) .
I will check on that when my iwish matures.

saucy

TF Ace
On a finance note, ensure that you keep good chunk of amount in small FDs, in case your ever need to break it. (Optimize it by seeing interest rates)

Think about investments - mutual funds, if you don't know much about stock.

And always save some money in savings account(which is not your daily use/UPI/salary/credit card account) that you never touch - that would be your immediate kamehameha, should you ever need it

sarainfo12

TF Premier
On a finance note, ensure that you keep good chunk of amount in small FDs, in case your ever need to break it. (Optimize it by seeing interest rates)

Think about investments - mutual funds, if you don't know much about stock.

And always save some money in savings account(which is not your daily use/UPI/salary/credit card account) that you never touch - that would be your immediate kamehameha, should you ever need it
Yep , last one year i started to analyse on finance ..
Currently i am maintaining 50% of my money on equity and equity based mutual funds others on debt , gold and FD.
Just frustrated even though i have networth of 30L+ still can't get credit cards i wanted...
I really need eazy diner indusind card than any other 🤣🤣.