• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pre-approved and LTF ICICI RuPay Coral credit card

iM23

TF Select
Just before a month, ICICI offered me first credit card which was pre-approved and LTF. It is HPCL coral credit card. And today I can see they are offering me Rupay Coral credit card pre-approved and LTF. I was surprised to see it. How can they offer another card within one month, that too pre-approved and LTF? Whatever, I want to get it. Should I go for it? And will my current limit will be shared?

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Just before a month, ICICI offered me first credit card which was pre-approved and LTF. It is HPCL coral credit card. And today I can see they are offering me Rupay Coral credit card pre-approved and LTF. I was surprised to see it. How can they offer another card within one month, that too pre-approved and LTF? Whatever, I want to get it. Should I go for it? And will my current limit will be shared?
Just before a month, I got the Platinum Chip Visa credit card by explicitly requesting them on X without a CIBIL hit against my 4-month-old Amazon Pay CC. And the LTF Coral RuPay credit card offer popped up for me too 2 days ago even though the first-ever statement for the Platinum CC is yet to come out. I applied it without hesitation. You should too.

And, yes, the limit would be shared.

iM23

TF Select
Just before a month, I got the Platinum Chip Visa credit card by explicitly requesting them on X without a CIBIL hit against my 4-month-old Amazon Pay CC. And the LTF Coral RuPay credit card offer popped up for me too 2 days ago even though the first-ever statement for the Platinum CC is yet to come out. I applied it without hesitation. You should too.

Yeah, applied and already got the virtual card.

Akashn

TF Ace
Another thing, and a stupid one. XD
I can still see the option to apply for the rupay coral card even after applying and getting one yesterday. Is it just a software glitch or I really can get another rupay coral? I'm just curious and thinking it won't be bad because to access railway lounge, I have to have 2 cards for 2 persons.
Hahah must be some glitch 😅

iM23

TF Select

One thing, I heard this for the very first time. How did you get the platinum card without a CIBIL hit? I mean, is it possible?

CosmicCat

TF Premier
I can still see the option to apply for the rupay coral card even after applying and getting one yesterday. Is it just a software glitch or I really can get another rupay coral? I'm just curious and thinking it won't be bad because to access railway lounge, I have to have 2 cards for 2 persons.
I was just gonna comment this. LOL.

Where did you apply it: iMobile app or netbanking?

I applied mine in iMobile app 2 days ago, and the banner of Pre-approved Coral RuPay CC offer got removed from both iMobile app as well as netbanking instantly.

However, I applied my dad's yesterday from netbanking, and the pre-approved Coral RuPay banner still shows in both iMobile app as well as netbanking. Most likely, it's a bug, and I don't think they'll take another request for it.

iM23

TF Select
I was just gonna comment this. LOL.

Where did you apply it: iMobile app or netbanking?

I applied mine in iMobile app 2 days ago, and the banner of Pre-approved Coral RuPay CC offer got removed from both iMobile app as well as netbanking instantly.

However, I applied my dad's yesterday from netbanking, and the pre-approved Coral RuPay banner still shows in both iMobile app as well as netbanking. Most likely, it's a bug, and I don't think they'll take another request for it.
Oh, so that's the thing. Must be a glitch then. I applied from the website.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
One thing, I heard this for the very first time. How did you get the platinum card without a CIBIL hit? I mean, is it possible?
You ask them on X (Previously called Twitter) to "upgrade" your existing card to Platinum Chip Credit Card without closing your existing card (Do mention the existing card number to them). They'll take a service request for it, which will also be visible in iMobile app.

Here's a template you can use:
"Hi,

My registered mobile number is 9876543210.

I am currently holding an Amazon Pay ICICI credit card X0069. I need an ICICI Platinum Chip Credit Card on the basis of my Amazon Pay credit card WITHOUT CLOSING IT and with a SHARED LIMIT with that of my Amazon Pay card.

So, please provide me a ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card. I'm eager to have this card in my portfolio."

I have shared a detailed information here: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/amazon-to-icici-platinum.17654/post-432291

iM23

TF Select
You ask them on X (Previously called Twitter) to "upgrade" your existing card to Platinum Chip Credit Card without closing your existing card (Do mention the existing card number to them). They'll take a service request for it, which will also be visible in iMobile app.

Here's a template you can use:
"Hi,

My registered mobile number is 9876543210.

I am currently holding an Amazon Pay ICICI credit card X0069. I need an ICICI Platinum Chip Credit Card on the basis of my Amazon Pay credit card WITHOUT CLOSING IT and with a SHARED LIMIT with that of my Amazon Pay card.

So, please provide me a ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card. I'm eager to have this card in my portfolio."

I have shared a detailed information here: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/amazon-to-icici-platinum.17654/post-432291
Thank you so much. Is this method valid only for ICICI or every bank?

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Can you try applying for it in the iMobile app and do let us know if it's throwing an error or the second Coral RuPay card is generating successfully?

iM23

TF Select
Can you try applying for it in the iMobile app and do let us know if it's throwing an error or the second Coral RuPay card is generating successfully?
I thought about this but didn't try thinking about a CIBIL hit within such a short period. But just because you asked, I called ICICI customer care, and they told that it's a glitch and if I try, I will see an error message. So, that's the thing.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
I thought about this but didn't try thinking about a CIBIL hit within such a short period. But just because you asked, I called ICICI customer care, and they told that it's a glitch and if I try, I will see an error message. So, that's the thing.
Can you really try generating it in the iMobile app? If there's a CIBIL hit, you can get it removed easily by contacting them. Don't worry. But, I'm sure there won't be any CIBIL hit.

iM23

TF Select
So, if anyone is wondering what happens if another attempt of applying a second pre-approved card is done, then ICICI shows the following message. Screenshot_20231220_155201_iMobile Pay.jpg