• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Saphhiro Dual Variant Lounge Query

vishp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

I received the Sapphiro Dual Variant(Mc+Amex) LTF as part of Alumni offer. My query is since we have two cards, would the lounge access count separately for two people?
I know that for Visa, it's 4 domestic lounge accesses per qtr. And for dual it's 2+2. But in Visa, at one time only one person can use it. Another family member cannot use the same card to enter the lounge with you.
But with this Dual Variant, can we take a family member or friend along with us to lounge, since they are two separate cards? I believe we can, but need confirmation from you people. Cz that would be a good advantage of dual variant for them who do not have other premium cards for lounge.

aam.aadmi

TF Select
Yes, only in those lounges which appear in both AMEX & MC/VISA/RP lists:

Airport Lounge Access​

Important Information:
Upgrade your travel experience with complimentary access to airport in India with your ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card. Take a moment to relax in luxury and enjoy a gourmet meal, unwind in a comfortable seating and make use of free Wi-Fi, widescreen TVs and beverage services.
Simply present your ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card and your boarding pass to enjoy the privileges listed below:
  • Get four complimentary access to select airport lounges in India each quarter. Over and above the permitted number of complimentary access, each subsequent access will be charged as per rates laid out by each lounge service provider.
  • The access to airport lounges will be applicable only for primary cardholders.
Click here for a complete list of lounges.

vishp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Yes, only in those lounges which appear in both AMEX & MC/VISA/RP lists:

Airport Lounge Access​

Important Information:
Upgrade your travel experience with complimentary access to airport in India with your ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card. Take a moment to relax in luxury and enjoy a gourmet meal, unwind in a comfortable seating and make use of free Wi-Fi, widescreen TVs and beverage services.
Simply present your ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card and your boarding pass to enjoy the privileges listed below:
  • Get four complimentary access to select airport lounges in India each quarter. Over and above the permitted number of complimentary access, each subsequent access will be charged as per rates laid out by each lounge service provider.
  • The access to airport lounges will be applicable only for primary cardholders.
Click here for a complete list of lounges.
Thanks for confirmation! Have seen this list previously. The Amex Lounge list is smaller compared to MC/Visa but still covers important lounges. Something is better than nothing, especially for my case.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

I received the Sapphiro Dual Variant(Mc+Amex) LTF as part of Alumni offer. My query is since we have two cards, would the lounge access count separately for two people?
I know that for Visa, it's 4 domestic lounge accesses per qtr. And for dual it's 2+2. But in Visa, at one time only one person can use it. Another family member cannot use the same card to enter the lounge with you.
But with this Dual Variant, can we take a family member or friend along with us to lounge, since they are two separate cards? I believe we can, but need confirmation from you people. Cz that would be a good advantage of dual variant for them who do not have other premium cards for lounge.
Loung access is combined , and yes 2 person can use both the cards at the same time.
With Visa you can get addon and get access both of you.

vishp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Loung access is combined , and yes 2 person can use both the cards at the same time.
With Visa you can get addon and get access both of you.
Addon also has lounge access? That's great. I read somewhere in the forum that only Magnus and Infinia have lounge access on addon.
Also is addon free? Or do we need to pay for it? Apologies if it's a silly question. New to this.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Addon also has lounge access? That's great. I read somewhere in the forum that only Magnus and Infinia have lounge access on addon.
Also is addon free? Or do we need to pay for it? Apologies if it's a silly question. New to this.
Icici addon cards have domestic lounge access , other than few co-branded cards like Emirates Emeralde etc addon cards are free in icici bank.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
It's still up-to the lounge receptionist's discretion to allow the other person with your second card (not add-on, but the other network card with your name), right ?
Yes, It's treated as a separate card with separate number but since both the cards would be under same name, it can cause issue but fortunately domestic lounges don't care about names in India and should allow easy access.

vishp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Icici addon cards have domestic lounge access , other than few co-branded cards like Emirates Emeralde etc addon cards are free in icici bank.
Since I can get an addon, is it advisable to switch my Dual Variant to Single Visa variant?? Any pros/cons?
I could only see lounge access advantage with dual variant. But that is covered now with addon.

knight

TF Ace
Since I can get an addon, is it advisable to switch my Dual Variant to Single Visa variant?? Any pros/cons?
I could only see lounge access advantage with dual variant. But that is covered now with addon.
While we're at this,
Does Dual variant have any advantages other than having both master & amex card?

Are both eligible for separate 10% instant discounts on Flipkart/amex/croma sales?

2 cons I see are:
BMS instant disc doesn't work on Amex, they send cashback later I guess
Amex has less lounges comparatively

Any other pros or cons?

vishp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
While we're at this,
Does Dual variant have any advantages other than having both master & amex card?

Are both eligible for separate 10% instant discounts on Flipkart/amex/croma sales?

2 cons I see are:
BMS instant disc doesn't work on Amex, they send cashback later I guess
Amex has less lounges comparatively

Any other pros or cons?
Many have mentioned that they are eligible for discounts separately. An additional advantage would be Amex specific offers, and Amex specific lounge like Irish House in Kolkata.

I agree with the cons you have mentioned.

You can take a free addon and enjoy additional BMS and lounge for your friend or family member.

I have a question , I did received 2 cards (LTF) but there is no terms and conditions pdf printout in that mail. Where do i get the tnc for the card. Also no where it is mentioned LTF . ICICI is known to scam people with charges.