• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI credit card scam

timva

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
About half an hour ago, I received a call from a person who claimed to be from ICICI Bank.
He informed me that some sort of subscription has been activated on my credit card and amount of 2400 will be deducted every month from my card.
I immediately got suspicious and asked him his employee I'd, which he gave as - 259687.
(Confirmed by my RM there is no employee in the bank with this I'd)
I asked him where is his office to which he replied some random building in Bandra.
(The number which I received the call is registered in Bengal)
At last I asked him which card I'm currently using and he confidently answered - Platinum Visa Card
(I never owned this card 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣)
I abused him hard after this and have informed the bank about this.
I request you all to be Alert as these scammers claim that some sort of subscription has been activated on your card and to deactivate/cancel subscription, they ask for some sensitive information which may result in you being scammed.

antt

TF Neo
About half an hour ago, I received a call from a person who claimed to be from ICICI Bank.
He informed me that some sort of subscription has been activated on my credit card and amount of 2400 will be deducted every month from my card.
I immediately got suspicious and asked him his employee I'd, which he gave as - 259687.
I asked him where is his office to which he replied some random building in Bandra.
At last I asked him which card I'm currently using and he confidently answered - Platinum Visa Card
I request you all to be Alert as these scammers claim that some sort of subscription has been activated on your card and to deactivate/cancel subscription, they ask for some sensitive information which may result in you being scammed.
Something similar happened to me ,guy didn't even know my name lmao 😂

akshayhs

TF Ace
This is the number from which the scammer called me-
Report this no. and spread awareness 🙏🏻
Post a deal on OLX claiming PS5 is sold at 30k and give his phone number.

Smart Unscreen Sticker - Smart Unscreen Ml Stickers

Last edited:

prabh

TF Buzz
Exactly similar call received by me too. Claimed that "Moto fee" subscription has been activated and my ICICI card is no longer free. Threw some random jargon like Imobile and shit. Immediately knew it was a scam. Beware. Even his number shows "icicicreditcarddepartment office" on Truecaller. It's 07619392355

kishorvr

TF Premier
I have got calls like this for Axis and sbi mostly. They always get my card variant wrong. They sometimes tell my old cancelled card.