• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Coral RuPay card getting 1 reward point for every ₹200 spent instead of getting 2 reward points for every ₹100.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
I recently got my pre-approved ICICI Coral RuPay LTF credit card. I've done four transactions with it already, but I noticed that the reward points were credited for none of the transactions.

The bottom card in the below screenshot is the Platinum Visa one, whose reward structure is the same as that of Coral RuPay. And, as you can see, the reward point is credited for the single transaction I did with it.

Anybody else experiencing it? I'll try to raise a complaint if it continues to happen in the future.

EDIT: It appears that for the Coral RuPay credit card, they are providing 1 reward point for every ₹200 spent (i.e., 0.5% reward rate) instead of providing 2 reward points for every ₹100 spent (i.e. 2% reward rate).

Screenshot_2023-12-31-01-04-07-85_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~4.jpg

Last edited:

timva

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Guys, I have come to a theory now. Only those people who have got both Platinum as well as the Coral RuPay credit card are getting incorrect rewards for the Coral RuPay one.

See the screenshot in the quoted post above. He has got correct reward points for the Platinum one (i.e. 2% reward rate), but for the Coral RuPay one, he has got the reward points at 0.5% rate instead of 2%, which is exactly the same case for mine as well!
No need to bang your head over this. It's a simple issue - All Rupay cards sourced by ICICI after a certain date are facing this problem irrespective of the card variant. Just switch to another Rupay CC cause their team doesn't care enough to fix this issue.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
All Rupay cards sourced by ICICI after a certain date are facing this problem
Nope. Not at all. I and my dad got the Coral RuPay CC on the same date. While I applied it via iMobile app, my dad applied it through netbanking. He isn't experiencing any issue with cashback at all, but I am.

In my case, I have Platinum as the other ICICI card in the same account, whereas it's the Coral Visa one for my dad.

All the people who are getting 0.5% cashback instead of 2% have mentioned to have the Platinum Visa card as one of the ICICI credit cards in the same account.

Last edited:

ahtsham

TF Buzz
1. I want to know the file name of the attached statement received in your email as well as the name in header on the top of statement. Does it have Coral or Platinum mentioned?
I got Coral first in Sep and Platinum later in Oct 2023. So before getting Platinum it was showing Coral in statement file name as well in header. But since Oct, it's showing Platinum. Since then I am getting this reward rate issue in coral rupay.

2. What was Platinum reward rate earlier since launch? Was it same as today of 2RP/ Rs 100??

CosmicCat

TF Premier
1. I want to know the file name of the attached statement received in your email as well as the name in header on the top of statement. Does it have Coral or Platinum mentioned?
I got Coral first in Sep and Platinum later in Oct 2023. So before getting Platinum it was showing Coral in statement file name as well in header. But since Oct, it's showing Platinum. Since then I am getting this reward rate issue in coral rupay.

2. What was Platinum reward rate earlier since launch? Was it same as today of 2RP/ Rs 100??
I got the Platinum Visa credit card first, followed by the Coral RuPay CC two weeks later. The statement shows Platinum on top. And I've always got incorrect reward points for the Coral RuPay one (0.5% instead of 2%). Whereas the reward points of the Platinum one are always 2%, as it should be.

My dad has Coral Visa and Coral RuPay only, but he gets correct reward points for both (2% reward rate), and the statement shows as Coral, as expectable.

ahtsham

TF Buzz
Everyone here is requested to please share the following details as we want to attach this thread in complaint to ICICI.

1. All Card variants you have (eg Coral Visa, Coral Rupay, Platinum Visa)

2. Order of Issuance starting from older one (eg Coral Visa, Platinum Visa, Coral Rupay)

3. Before issuing of Platinum Visa, which card name was showing in header of Statement and after Issuance of Platinum Visa, which card name is displayed on header of statement? (eg. Before- Coral; After- Platinum)

4. Is reward rate for Coral Rupay correct for you? (eg No)

5. Since when is your reward rate wrong for Coral Rupay?

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Everyone here is requested to please share the following details as we want to attach this thread in complaint to ICICI.

1. All Card variants you have (eg Coral Visa, Coral Rupay, Platinum Visa)

2. Order of Issuance starting from older one (eg Coral Visa, Platinum Visa, Coral Rupay)

3. Before issuing of Platinum Visa, which card name was showing in header of Statement and after Issuance of Platinum Visa, which card name is displayed on header of statement? (eg. Before- Coral; After- Platinum)

4. Is reward rate for Coral Rupay correct for you? (eg No)

5. Since when is your reward rate wrong for Coral Rupay?
+1.

Also, if you're experiencing this issue with your Coral RuPay credit card (Getting rewards at 0.5% rate instead of 2%), then please perform the following steps and answer whether your primary credit card is Platinum or any other one?

Step 1: Visit Netbanking > Login > Credit Cards.
1000041724.jpg

Step 2: Choose the Platinum card from the list here (There's a radio button for the selection) and click on "Current Statement."
1000041726.jpg

Step 3: In the Current Statement page for the selected card, check whether in "Card Type," your Platinum credit card is being shown as "Primary card" or "Add on Card." 1000041725.jpg

In my case, Platinum credit card is the Primary one, whereas Coral RuPay one is the Add on one. Which is why the PDF statement also shows the "Platinum" logo on top.

Also, in Step 2, as you see, all the cards are shown as "Primary Card." But only one of the cards in a credit card account can be Primary. And you'd have to see whether your Platinum one is primary or something else is.

ccdc

TF Ace
I got the Platinum Visa credit card first, followed by the Coral RuPay CC two weeks later. The statement shows Platinum on top. And I've always got incorrect reward points for the Coral RuPay one (0.5% instead of 2%). Whereas the reward points of the Platinum one are always 2%, as it should be.

My dad has Coral Visa and Coral RuPay only, but he gets correct reward points for both (2% reward rate), and the statement shows as Coral, as expectable.
what do you mean by 2% reward rate? coral rupay gives 2 points for every 100 spent. Each point is 25p so reward rate is 0.5%? Can you explain how 2%?

CosmicCat

TF Premier
what do you mean by 2% reward rate? coral rupay gives 2 points for every 100 spent
That's exactly what 2% means (2 per cent(ury)). 😂

"0.5% reward rate" means 1 reward point for every ₹200 spent, which many of us are getting, instead of getting 2 points for every ₹100 spent, i.e. 2% reward rate.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Can we please discuss the solution as well??
There's nothing you can do about it except complaining every month. Their core algorithm for reward points accumulation for their RuPay cards is buggy, and needs a permanent fix.

I'll try to find out the email addresses of their tech team's leadership team (CTO, VPs, Program Managers, etc.) next month, and would contact them.