• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Coral RuPay card getting 1 reward point for every ₹200 spent instead of getting 2 reward points for every ₹100.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
I recently got my pre-approved ICICI Coral RuPay LTF credit card. I've done four transactions with it already, but I noticed that the reward points were credited for none of the transactions.

The bottom card in the below screenshot is the Platinum Visa one, whose reward structure is the same as that of Coral RuPay. And, as you can see, the reward point is credited for the single transaction I did with it.

Anybody else experiencing it? I'll try to raise a complaint if it continues to happen in the future.

EDIT: It appears that for the Coral RuPay credit card, they are providing 1 reward point for every ₹200 spent (i.e., 0.5% reward rate) instead of providing 2 reward points for every ₹100 spent (i.e. 2% reward rate).

EDIT 2 (08-May-2024): It looks like the problem has been resolved automatically without any complaint. I'm getting correct reward points now.

Screenshot_2023-12-31-01-04-07-85_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~4.jpg

Last edited:

talkwithfino

TF Premier
heir Netbanking portal has been very buggy this year
And I thought this only happened with me

Not just buggy; but even the website is sometimes very slow

Edit-
Mujhe bhi coral Rupay pe . 1RP/200rs. mil rhe hain. Medical shop spend pe bhi. BWallet pe bhi.
Mtlb galat RP hain ye? ICICI ko escalate keru?
1704019496453.png
You should get 2RP on every 100 spent and 1Rp on utilities and insurance categories

Last edited:

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
I don't think hoping will help.
Either people like @Abhishek012 & @TechnoFino have to post this on Twitter.
OR
We all have to approach PNO and also RBI, if needed...
Complaint to ICICI higher level.

ICICI is lazy bank.

ICICI RuPay coral & supersaver ka jo Card BIN hai woh ICICI ko 2017 me he allot ho gaya hai.

Jan, 2018 me NPCI CEO - Dilip Asbe ne kaha tha, Bas 3 months me ICICI bank ka RuPay credit Card launch hoga (31th March, 2018 tak)

Hua kab ?

Sept, 2021 me announced kiya tha. Bas ICICI ne Coral RuPay CC ka pic dekhaya aur bol diya launch ho gaya.

Dec, 2021 ko ek banda mujhe bataya twitter pe usko ICICI Coral RuPay CC ka sirf virtual card mila hai. ICICI bola physical card nhi hai RuPay Coral CC ka. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Uske kuch months baad shayad 6 months hoga. Logo ko milna start hua including physical card.

Phir approx 1 year, Dec, 2022 ko jis bande ko only virtual card mila tha. usne pura 1 year tak fight kiya ICICI se. phir ICICI ne agree kiya RuPay Coral CC ka physical card bhi hote hai. Phir shayad usko mila hoga. Maine pucha nhi kabhi.

Now pichle approx 1.5 years se ICICI ko complaint kar rahe the. RuPay Coral CC ka BIN Amazon offer me apply nhi ho raha hai.

Wohi banda bataya tha first time jisko only virtual card mila tha.

ICICI ne samjhlo 1.5 years ya 1.8 years lagaya ICICI RuPay coral CC ka BIN ko Amazon-ICICI offers me integrate krne me (sath me ICICI supersaver RuPay & RuPay Rubyx ka BIN bhi kar diya).

Now Reward points and UPI refund ki baat kare toh pichle 6 months se ICICI customer care bol rahe the.

Dec 2023 tak Reward points and UPI refund problem solve ho jayega, RuPay Coral CC ka kaha tha.

Reward points ka toh complaint kiya bhi nhi tha, ICICI support team ne khud bataya tha but ICICI coral RuPay CC ka bola tha.

Now itna bak bak karne ka mera mtlb yeh tha ki ICICI kitna lazy bank hai tum padh k samjh jaoge.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
I recently got my pre-approved ICICI Coral RuPay LTF credit card. I've done four transactions with it already, but I noticed that the reward points were credited for none of the transactions.

The bottom card in the below screenshot is the Platinum Visa one, whose reward structure is the same as that of Coral RuPay. And, as you can see, the reward point is credited for the single transaction I did with it.

Anybody else experiencing it? I'll try to raise a complaint if it continues to happen in the future.

It's confirmed — ICICI's Rewards system for the RuPay cards is broken!

See the transaction worth ₹325 done on Amazon here: Screenshot_2024-01-05-12-53-00-33_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~3.jpg

As per their Rewards structure, it should have fetched 6 rewards points for this transaction. But, they credited just 1 reward point for it! The same thing happened with @timva as well.

I'll raise a complaint once the statement gets generated.

timva

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

See the transaction worth ₹325 done on Amazon here: Screenshot_2024-01-05-12-53-00-33_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~3.jpg

As per their Rewards structure, it should have fetched 6 rewards points for this transaction. But, they credited just 1 reward point for it! The same thing happened with @timva as well.

Nothing will happen if you just complain, many people are facing this issue. After complaining they might credit points once maybe but again you will face the same issue. This needs escalation to higher authorities not just by you and me but everyone who's facing this issue.
@MJN @MorningStar @CosmicCat

1.You will get one reward point for Rs 200 (UPI Transactions)

2.You will get one 1 reward point for Rs 200 on Flipkart on OTP based transactions (Paytm PG)

3. You will get 4 reward points on Yatra App for Rs 100 (UPI transactions - 1% cashback)

This is what I experienced 😊

Sidd4g

TF Buzz

EDIT: The rewards should be calculated as I described in this comment, however it isn't credited as such.

Baat kiye to bola abhi Naya Naya aaya hai kuch din me thik ho jayega

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

EDIT: The rewards should be calculated as I described in this comment, however it isn't credited as such.

Take this garbage and throw it into the BIN ... move on to greener pasteurs .. like Tata Neu ,

P B R G

TF Ace
Bhai sabko aapki tarah ltf nahi milta na😝
Pehle card Lelo, phir chappar faad ke 1-2 months use Karo. Phir card ke peeche Jo number hai uski ghanti bajao, bolo mujhe ye card LTF karna hai aap LTF ka service request daal dijiye. Phir ek hafte baad firse ghanti bajao. Agar lucky huye to LTF me convert ho jayega, agar unlucky nikle to phirse apna luck aajmao aur wohi process repeat Karo jab tak LTF nahi ho jaata.

CosmicCat

TF Premier

I found another confirmation from a user on X who did the transactions worth the same amount on Amazon from both his Platinum CC as well as his Coral RuPay CC: Screenshot_2024-01-06-11-13-44-24_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb~2.jpg
Both the cards have the same rewards structure, and as you see, he has got the right reward points for the one done with his Platinum credit card — which is 2 points per ₹100 or 2%. However, for the one done using his Coral RuPay CC, the reward rate comes out to be around 0.5%.

He posted his complaint in November, so it's been more than a month, yet the problem remains unfixed for most of us. So, it looks like ICICI Bank isn't bothered much to fix it now. Their prime focus now seems to be on issuing as many Coral RuPay cards as possible.

Sidd4g

TF Buzz
I found another confirmation from a user on X who did the transactions worth the same amount on Amazon from both his Platinum CC as well as his Coral RuPay CC: Screenshot_2024-01-06-11-13-44-24_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb~2.jpg
Both the cards have the same rewards structure, and as you see, he has got the right reward points for the one done with his Platinum credit card — which is 2 points per ₹100 or 2%. However, for the one done using his Coral RuPay CC, the reward rate comes out to be around 0.5%.

He posted his complaint in November, so it's been more than a month, yet the problem remains unfixed for most of us. So, it looks like ICICI Bank isn't bothered much to fix it now. Their prime focus now seems to be on issuing as many Coral RuPay cards as possible.
Ye Mera hii Twit hai Bhai