• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Coral RuPay card getting 1 reward point for every ₹200 spent instead of getting 2 reward points for every ₹100.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
I recently got my pre-approved ICICI Coral RuPay LTF credit card. I've done four transactions with it already, but I noticed that the reward points were credited for none of the transactions.

The bottom card in the below screenshot is the Platinum Visa one, whose reward structure is the same as that of Coral RuPay. And, as you can see, the reward point is credited for the single transaction I did with it.

Anybody else experiencing it? I'll try to raise a complaint if it continues to happen in the future.

EDIT: It appears that for the Coral RuPay credit card, they are providing 1 reward point for every ₹200 spent (i.e., 0.5% reward rate) instead of providing 2 reward points for every ₹100 spent (i.e. 2% reward rate).

Screenshot_2023-12-31-01-04-07-85_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~4.jpg

Last edited:

CosmicCat

TF Premier
How will you get reward if your transaction amount is less than 100?
They do credit reward points for the transactions below ₹100. See the transaction below of the Platinum credit card, which was done at the same merchant. The UPI transaction on the RuPay CC is also above ₹100.

Last edited:

timva

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I recently got my pre-approved ICICI Coral RuPay LTF credit card. I've done four transactions with it already, but I noticed that the reward points were credited for none of the transactions.

The bottom card in the below screenshot is the Platinum Visa one, whose reward structure is the same as that of Coral RuPay. And, as you can see, the reward point is credited for the single transaction I did with it.

Anybody else experiencing it? I'll try to raise a complaint if it continues to happen in the future.

Screenshot_2023-12-31-01-04-07-85_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~4.jpg
I am also facing a similar issue with my Hpcl super saver rupay card.
These issues are just limited to RUPAY variant of the cards.
Have complained to customer care but I think we all need to escalate this...
@Abhishek012 Any thoughts??

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
I am also facing a similar issue with my Hpcl super saver rupay card.
These issues are just limited to RUPAY variant of the cards.
Have complained to customer care but I think we all need to escalate this...
@Abhishek012 Any thoughts??
ICICI RuPay Coral Variant got reward points.

@CosmicCat Bro Coral variant minimum transaction should be Rs200 to get reward points and very few selected categories got reward points on transaction Rs100 or above.

No reward points for transaction under Rs200.

@ahtsham

paresh22

TF Ace
No, you get 1RP per 50rs. Nothing under 50rs.
Those points are useless but still, you will get them. (Coral Rupay)

Screenshot_20231231-134605_iMobile Pay.png Screenshot_20231231-134629_iMobile Pay.png Screenshot_20231231-134657_iMobile Pay.png
You have got rewards for UPI transactions. OP got only one transaction of UPI type where he did not get reward point. But again if that merchant is not eligible to receive reward point for amout below 200 then he will not get it.

OP should better call customer care and complain about this one rs 160 transaction.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer

Screenshot_20231231-134605_iMobile Pay.png Screenshot_20231231-134629_iMobile Pay.png Screenshot_20231231-134657_iMobile Pay.png
Bro, UPI spend you will get reward points on transaction under Rs50 or Rs100 or Rs200 (depend on merchant categories).

Card transactions, you will get reward points on Rs200 or above (or few merchant categories got card transaction reward on Rs100 or above).

Note - all merchant categories are not eligible for reward points under Rs200 transaction on Coral credit card.

CosmicCat

TF Premier

You're actually right, @COSMOCRAT! I had to dug up my dad's past Coral Visa statements for the confirmation — and yes, any transaction above ₹50 (Excluding fuel) fetches you reward points in a multiple of either 1 (For utilities) or 2 (Otherwise).

See the highlighted transactions below at Reliance Retail Ltd:
Screenshot_20231231_143903_Drive~2.jpg
Screenshot_20231231_143849_Drive~2.jpg

Additionally, in my original post, it is clearly evident from the transaction I did using my Platinum credit card (whose reward structure is exactly the same) that I should have received 1 reward point for the ₹70 transaction, as the transaction was done on the same Merchant ID using my Coral RuPay card.

So, I'm pretty sure it's an issue particular with my Coral RuPay card. I'll raise a complaint with them after doing more higher value non-fuel transactions at different merchants.

Last edited:

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
ICICI RuPay Coral Variant got reward points.

@CosmicCat Bro Coral variant minimum transaction should be Rs200 to get reward points and very few selected categories got reward points on transaction Rs100 or above.

No reward points for transaction under Rs200.

@ahtsham
Aaj se Rupay Guruji ka khitab bhi khatam 🤭

Attachments

• 20231231_152149.jpg
    20231231_152149.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 61

CosmicCat

TF Premier
You're actually right, @COSMOCRAT! I had to dug up my dad's past Coral Visa statements for the confirmation — and yes, any transaction above ₹50 (Excluding fuel) fetches you reward points in a multiple of either 1 (For utilities) or 2 (Otherwise).

Additionally, in my original post, it is clearly evident from the transaction I did using my Platinum credit card (whose reward structure is exactly the same) that I should have received 1 reward point for the ₹70 transaction, as the transaction was done on the same Merchant ID using my Coral RuPay card.

So, I'm pretty sure it's an issue particular with my Coral RuPay card. I'll raise a complaint with them after doing more higher value non-fuel transactions at different merchants.
I'd also like to add that you can easily calculate the reward points on your Coral and Platinum credit cards using the following formula, where the result is obtained through a floor function:

1. For utilities and insurance:
Reward points = (Amount spent / 100) x 1.

For example, if you spent ₹49 on a utility payment, you'd get [(49/100) x 1] = ⌊0.49⌋ = 0 reward points.

2. For otherwise (Like shopping and bill payments):
Reward points = (Amount spent / 100) x 2.

For example, if you spent ₹99 on an online shopping website, you'd get [(99/100) x 2] = ⌊1.98⌋ = 1 reward point.

Please note for fuel payments, you'd earn no reward points. For all other payments, you'd definitely earn reward points with no exception.

Since ICICI hasn't mention a separate reward structure for UPI transactions, you should earn the reward points as per the above criteria only.

EDIT: I did more calculations, so I'm not sure if they are applying a floor function here or doing a simple round-off. Would have to take more examples and come to a conclusion.

Last edited:

timva

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Exactly @CosmicCat even my old coral visa use to fetch points even for transactions smaller than 50.
Seems like ICICI is really messing with the reward structure of Rupay cards.
I received 2 points for a transaction higher than 400 which doesn't make sense at all- IMG-20231222-WA0000.jpg

CosmicCat

TF Premier
I received 2 points for a transaction higher than 400 which doesn't make sense at all-
Read my following comment:
I'd also like to add that you can easily calculate the reward points on your Coral and Platinum credit cards using the following formula, where the result is obtained through a floor function:

1. For utilities and insurance:
Reward points = (Amount spent / 100) x 1.

For example, if you spent ₹49 on a utility payment, you'd get [(49/100) x 1] = ⌊0.49⌋ = 0 reward points.

2. For otherwise (Like shopping and bill payments):
Reward points = (Amount spent / 100) x 2.

For example, if you spent ₹99 on an online shopping website, you'd get [(99/100) x 2] = ⌊1.98⌋ = 1 reward point.

Please note for fuel payments, you'd earn no reward points. For all other payments, you'd definitely earn reward points with no exception.

Since ICICI hasn't mention a separate reward structure for UPI transactions, you'd earn the reward points as per the above criteria only.
You should have received at least 4 reward points for the transaction worth ₹486.29 if you do the calculations based on the formula I provided.

To be honest, this year, ICICI has been very lackluster in providing a stable tech experience. Their Netbanking portal has been very buggy this year, and there are many modules there which are not working as intended, but used to work flawlessly until last year. I have even noticed many issues with their backend this year (I could make a long list).

Hopefully, they would all be fixed next year.

ahtsham

TF Buzz
Mujhe bhi coral Rupay pe . 1RP/200rs. mil rhe hain. Medical shop spend pe bhi. BWallet pe bhi.
Mtlb galat RP hain ye? ICICI ko escalate keru?
I had already escalated this issue to ICICI customer care on 11 Dec through email. Got a reply on 14 Dec with copy pasted rewards terms and conditions already available on website with no clear answer to my question. So, I threatened them of Nodal officer and RBI ombudsman. Then they forwarded the issue to concerned department on 18 Dec. After that, I got another mail 5 days ago, requesting to wait another 5 working days.
They have really messed up with their rewards on Coral Rupay.