• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Coral RuPay card getting 1 reward point for every ₹200 spent instead of getting 2 reward points for every ₹100.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
I recently got my pre-approved ICICI Coral RuPay LTF credit card. I've done four transactions with it already, but I noticed that the reward points were credited for none of the transactions.

The bottom card in the below screenshot is the Platinum Visa one, whose reward structure is the same as that of Coral RuPay. And, as you can see, the reward point is credited for the single transaction I did with it.

Anybody else experiencing it? I'll try to raise a complaint if it continues to happen in the future.

EDIT: It appears that for the Coral RuPay credit card, they are providing 1 reward point for every ₹200 spent (i.e., 0.5% reward rate) instead of providing 2 reward points for every ₹100 spent (i.e. 2% reward rate).

Screenshot_2023-12-31-01-04-07-85_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~4.jpg

Last edited:

ccdc

TF Ace
Nobody is talking about their equivalent value here. Why would we even talk about it, huh? We are all referring to the "reward points" here.
in case you dont know...whenever one talks about reward points...it's always "actual reward rate" in value terms...otherwise....yes bank rupay card is the best card which gives 8 points for every 200 spent...that's a no brainer 4% reward rate for a rupay card...but it's actual reward rate is 0.4%...looks like you're a newbie...if you're only talking about reward points just say 2 points per 100 spent...dont say 2% reward points...

CosmicCat

TF Premier
in case you dont know...whenever one talks about reward points...it's always "actual reward rate" in value terms...otherwise....yes bank rupay card is the best card which gives 8 points for every 200 spent...that's a no brainer 4% reward rate for a rupay card...but it's actual reward rate is 0.4%...looks like you're a newbie...if you're only talking about reward points just say 2 points per 100 spent...dont say 2% reward points...
Haan bhai, tu hi duniya ka sabse genious ladka hai. Bheri smaart boi. Ok now happy?

CosmicCat

TF Premier
I'm also getting 1RP/200. I do have Neu Infinity but thought of trying this as I can pay its bill using plat dc for 1% which I cannot for Neu.
Which other ICICI Bank credit cards do you have? And what does your Coral Rupay CC's PDF statement mention on top: Platinum or Coral or anything else?

asm07

TF Buzz
Screenshot_2024-03-16-09-49-40-064_com.google.android.apps.docs-edit.jpg I am getting 2 reward points for every 100 spent, even for 50 spend on UPI I'm getting 1 point on coral rupay. And about normal cc transaction (non-upi), there also I'm getting 2 points for every 100,haven't done any below 100 transaction for that but for one 145 transaction I got 3 points.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Screenshot_2024-03-16-09-49-40-064_com.google.android.apps.docs-edit.jpg I am getting 2 reward points for every 100 spent, even for 50 spend on UPI I'm getting 1 point on coral rupay.
That's because the reward rate is, 2/100 = 2%. So, 50 x 2% = 1. This is why you got one reward point for the ₹50 transaction.

Please note ICICI uses the mathematical floor function to calculate the reward points. For example, for a ₹90 transaction, you'd get 90 x 2% = ⌊1.8⌋ = 1 reward point.

Last edited:

asm07

TF Buzz
That's because the reward rate is, 2/100 = 2%. So, 50 x 2% = 1. This is why you got one reward point for the ₹50 transaction.

Please note ICICI uses the ceiling function to calculate the reward points. For example, for a ₹90 transaction, you'd get 90 x 2% = ⌊1.8⌋ = 1 reward point.
Isn't this reward rate universal? Then how are a few receiving less rewards like stated in this thread? Also I don't understand how did I get 3 reward points for 145, from 100 to 149 it should be 2 points, 150 onwards 3,isn't it.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Then how are a few receiving less rewards like stated in this thread?
It is universal, but due to some underlying bug in their systems, some of us are getting 1 reward point per every ₹200 spent, i.e., 0.5% reward rate.

Also I don't understand how did I get 3 reward points for 145, from 100 to 149 it should be 2 points, 150 onwards 3,isn't it.
Well, 2% of 145 is 2.9. For some reasons, ICICI rounded it off to 3 instead of applying the floor function, which would have otherwise got you 2 as a result.

I've even seen examples wherein when the amount was x.9 (That is, 9 after the decimal point), they rounded it off instead of applying the mathematical floor function.

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It is universal, but due to some underlying bug in their systems, some of us are getting 1 reward point per every ₹200 spent, i.e., 0.5% reward rate.

Well, 2% of 145 is 2.9. For some reasons, ICICI rounded it off to 3 instead of applying the floor function, which would have otherwise got you 2 as a result.

I've even seen examples wherein when the amount was x.9 (That is, 9 after the decimal point), they rounded it off instead of applying the mathematical floor function.
What is value of 1 point? 50p or 25p
Also how to redeem them?

asm07

TF Buzz

I have noticed that for apay as well. Most of the time if it's x.9 I would get x points but sometimes (5 out of 100 scenarios) it would be x+1 like mathematical round off.

In one instance I got 50 points in apay in one amazon order, I cancelled and it showed 49 points reversed. I asked them why, Amazon didn't have any answer, asked me to contact icici. Icici told me to wait till bill generation and in bill generation it was 50 points reversed correctly.

In another instance refund for one order (containing one product) was divided into two parts in amazon for some unknown reason, and they reversed one less point because of this so I ended up getting 1 free point.