• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI branch fooled me into a CIBIL hit just for asking if I can get LTF Sapphiro

Paras Jain

TF Premier
Hi All,

I just visited an ICICI branch todya to ask about LTF Sapphiro based on 2 Lakh salary criteri (as guided by customer mare). But the lady who was there started filling a form and asked me for sending an sms. It turns out that SMS was to give concent for CIBIL Enquiry. Now when she was filling that form I had told her that I am just here to ask for the offer and this form will probably make a CIBIL Enquiry. But she kept saying that it won't happen until I complete the application. Now what do I do? I have definitely sent an email to customer care for this. Anu other suggestions?

So far I used to think bad about HDFC branch employees but these ICICI people are even worse it seems. They don't even know what and when is a CIBIL Enquiry.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
any bank does a cibil hit to check which all cards are eligible for your account... Its fairly common and as you have sent the SMS by yourself, you can't say anything

When you asked about CC, so she must have said something like "let me check your availability" which means cibil hit to check your existing card history, etc etc

they can't get that info without it and so, they won't be able to tell you anything (if you don't own any ICICI cards). If you are existing ICICI CC holder, then you can complain that you have the card with so and so limits so why you checked limit... but I don't they would remove it (you may try asking via email though)

paresh22

TF Ace
Hi All,

I just visited an ICICI branch todya to ask about LTF Sapphiro based on 2 Lakh salary criteri (as guided by customer mare). But the lady who was there started filling a form and asked me for sending an sms. It turns out that SMS was to give concent for CIBIL Enquiry. Now when she was filling that form I had told her that I am just here to ask for the offer and this form will probably make a CIBIL Enquiry. But she kept saying that it won't happen until I complete the application. Now what do I do? I have definitely sent an email to customer care for this. Anu other suggestions?

So far I used to think bad about HDFC branch employees but these ICICI people are even worse it seems. They don't even know what and when is a CIBIL Enquiry.
You can ask ICICI to remove this enquiry. It will be removed. When you approach to ICICI or fill online form for credit card application there is cibil enquiry of type "Personal Loan" enquiry.

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Recently Hdfc did a Cibil enquiry just based on an email I sent asking about their alumni program. Yours seems to be far more legitimate since you shared OTP or sent SMS for confirmation

Paras Jain

TF Premier
Btw u got ltf supphiro option or not?
No. Their Branch Employees had no idea about how to process the card and what is the exact criteria. Which is exactly why she started filling the form instead of just telling me if I am eligible or not. I had clearly told her that I just want to know if I am eligible or not based on my salary and company

Paras Jain

TF Premier
Recently Hdfc did a Cibil enquiry just based on an email I sent asking about their alumni program. Yours seems to be far more legitimate since you shared OTP or sent SMS for confirmation
I just shared otp once she told. "dont worry sir there wont be any CIBIL Enquiry until I complete and submit the form". I was telling that there will be a CIBIL enquiry if I send that sms. But she kept denying. So I thought maybe she knows more. But clearly they are idiots

Last edited:

FinGuru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Kotak Mahindra is the most notorious. They make hard enquiries on their own even when you haven't applied for any product (happened with me). I recently made the mistake of applying for a home loan transfer, they checked my CIBIL 4 times.

superuserv

TF Buzz
You can ask ICICI to remove this enquiry. It will be removed. When you approach to ICICI or fill online form for credit card application there is cibil enquiry of type "Personal Loan" enquiry.
How do I ask icici to remove personal cibil enquiry? I was just trying to open digital savings account with icici where I entered my PAN, Adhaar and other personal Info, but then I saw it required 95k initial funding to make it zero balance account so i stopped there but now they have put a hard enquiry for personal loan on that same day. Please suggest proper email id where I can ask them to remove the enquiry

paresh22

TF Ace
How do I ask icici to remove personal cibil enquiry? I was just trying to open digital savings account with icici where I entered my PAN, Adhaar and other personal Info, but then I saw it required 95k initial funding to make it zero balance account so i stopped there but now they have put a hard enquiry for personal loan on that same day. Please suggest proper email id where I can ask them to remove the enquiry
customer.care@icicibank.com
headcreditcards@icicibank.com

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
Hi All,

Har shaakh pe ullu baitha hai.
:);)