• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card Lifetime Free Under Alumni Program : Full Details And Application Link

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
Why doctors are never involves in any of banks credit card under any alumni offer. Don't mention about doctors regalia or doctors SBI card. Y doctors are never considered for any privileges and benefits

Is it because that the banks have also labelled doctors as that section of society who should not earn much, just like Mr. bachan commented (if you want to earn you could do many other things. Not as a doctor).

Don't we/they deserve anything for the work we/they do. Is our/their work miniscule as compared to your typical entertainers like cricketers, movie stars, or IITians and IIMians.

No money, no respect, no privilege no inclusion under any alumni program..

(Pls do not echo what Mr. Bachan said).
They started adding more medical collages in the Alumni List. Doctors are always the most lucrative bunch that bank wants to include in their customer database, moreover banks have curated special cards just for Doctors and CA's but not other professions, that itself explains the desirability of docs to banks, just because ICICI has not included much medical colleges in their alumni offer doesn't make a difference. If you still have doubt just go to a random bank and say that you want a car loan or home loan and when he ask about profession say doctor and see the change in attitude.
1709533952727.png

Tonymathew

TF Premier
They started adding more medical collages in the Alumni List. Doctors are always the most lucrative bunch that bank wants to include in their customer database, moreover banks have curated special cards just for Doctors and CA's but not other professions, that itself explains the desirability of docs to banks, just because ICICI has not included much medical colleges in their alumni offer doesn't make a difference. If you still have doubt just go to a random bank and say that you want a car loan or home loan and when he ask about profession say doctor and see the change in attitude.
1709533952727.png
Sir, half is true, regarding the initial change in attitude. Yes. But the curated offers, not every doctor gets access to that.

For example, i have a millenia CC. I have been asking for an upgradation to Doctors Regalia, which the bank from all corners have rejected, despite showing payslip, usage and bank statements. They kept on saying the policies for regalia and doctors regalia are same according to the policies. So just a name doctor added no change to the policy.

Now let's go to the case of this ICICI Saphiro.
I have seen the above mentioned colleges. AIMSR Kochi, the fees of studying there is lakhs per year, and just search regarding the shady activities in that particular college. I know many (literally many, as I am from Kerala), who have studied there. None of them had a respectable enough rank to get into any respected medical colleges, forget what Mr. E himself said about the hardwork in 12th and AIIMS. Now KMC Manipal, same story, just google search its annual fees for MBBS or above. People who should not be even alloted in any medical colleges for 20000+ rank are studying there under management quota. So is this equality one seeks?. Now the other colleges like CMC Vellore, AIIMS, PGI Chandigarh (which has no MBBS course, from what I know), SGPGI Lucknow (the epicentre of toxicity, albeit most experienced) are all premier colleges, but they only represent what is know as the creamy layer. Giving specific preference to such a creamy layer is no less than Reservation scenario. But in this setup, only the tummy filled and obese, are fed more because of their papa college and mama college ka premier status.

I beg to differ only with the views. I have no problem with anyone be it Mr.E or you sir @Pack_of_Cards . Just the attitude that comes from the first say doesn't matter much, unless we are also given the same equal crap.

N.B. what I earned during my house surgeoncy, 4 years back was 20000 rupees per month with around 90-100 hours a weeks job, 2-3 sleepless nights with continuous work on the next day, no proper hygiene and eating time, at a time, where a daily wager was charging 800 per day for 9-5 work with a proper 1 hour lunch time l, a half n hour nap time and 2 snack time. Now being a consultant after PG in a government medical College is no different. Just to make you understand in technofino terms. Only the senior doctors in any medical College in India with more than a decades experience as a consultant,except for metro cities, could be even considered for a Saphiro CC, as per the income clause. (I don't think I need to draw any comparison onto that)

Just to make people understand, is the only thing I considered. Didn't meant to spread hate or hurt. Ending this topic (crap as someone said).

Adios

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
Sir, half is true, regarding the initial change in attitude. Yes. But the curated offers, not every doctor gets access to that.

For example, i have a millenia CC. I have been asking for an upgradation to Doctors Regalia, which the bank from all corners have rejected, despite showing payslip, usage and bank statements. They kept on saying the policies for regalia and doctors regalia are same according to the policies. So just a name doctor added no change to the policy.

Now let's go to the case of this ICICI Saphiro.
I have seen the above mentioned colleges. AIMSR Kochi, the fees of studying there is lakhs per year, and just search regarding the shady activities in that particular college. I know many (literally many, as I am from Kerala), who have studied there. None of them had a respectable enough rank to get into any respected medical colleges, forget what Mr. E himself said about the hardwork in 12th and AIIMS. Now KMC Manipal, same story, just google search its annual fees for MBBS or above. People who should not be even alloted in any medical colleges for 20000+ rank are studying there under management quota. So is this equality one seeks?. Now the other colleges like CMC Vellore, AIIMS, PGI Chandigarh (which has no MBBS course, from what I know), SGPGI Lucknow (the epicentre of toxicity, albeit most experienced) are all premier colleges, but they only represent what is know as the creamy layer. Giving specific preference to such a creamy layer is no less than Reservation scenario. But in this setup, only the tummy filled and obese, are fed more because of their papa college and mama college ka premier status.

I beg to differ only with the views. I have no problem with anyone be it Mr.E or you sir @Pack_of_Cards . Just the attitude that comes from the first say doesn't matter much, unless we are also given the same equal crap.

N.B. what I earned during my house surgeoncy, 4 years back was 20000 rupees per month with around 90-100 hours a weeks job, 2-3 sleepless nights with continuous work on the next day, no proper hygiene and eating time, at a time, where a daily wager was charging 800 per day for 9-5 work with a proper 1 hour lunch time l, a half n hour nap time and 2 snack time. Now being a consultant after PG in a government medical College is no different. Just to make you understand in technofino terms. Only the senior doctors in any medical College in India with more than a decades experience as a consultant,except for metro cities, could be even considered for a Saphiro CC, as per the income clause. (I don't think I need to draw any comparison onto that)

Just to make people understand, is the only thing I considered. Didn't meant to spread hate or hurt. Ending this topic (crap as someone said).

Adios
Followup icici ..o--o
Meditate .. sos

If your problem remains, meet me in my cabin after depositing 1000rs fee. I will give u best doctor discounted cards

viswanath.t

TF Select
Contributor
Requested on 2nd @8pm, got a call on 3rd around 11am, finished application with vkyc by 12pm. Got a call from icici credit manager for verification yesterday, received message today that ur new cc will be deliverd in 7 days & same virtual card can b accessible via imobile.. don't know y haven't recived any approval message. but both cards are added to my account. thank you TF

Last edited:

sushant4

TF Buzz
Requested on 2nd @8pm, got a call on 3rd around 11am, finished application with vkyc by 12pm. Got a call from icici credit manager for verification yesterday, received message today that ur new cc will be deliverd in 7 days & same virtual card can b accessible via imobile.. don't know y haven't recived any approval message. but both cards are added to my account. thank you TF
what was your application process?
Are you an alumnus of some college? Or did you do a manual application?

viswanath.t

TF Select
Contributor
what was your application process?
Are you an alumnus of some college? Or did you do a manual application?
yes, iam an alumni, i applied with my college code mentioned in the list online. next day received the call from icici assist. she asked me to send a message "AST YES" to a number, after which she filled the form on call like name,pan,current address(personal&work/if not college address),PH.no wit otp (personal&referance family),email with otp {personal&work/if not secondary email},etc.,college details, scan of degree, aadhard otp & she asked me to say 20lpa as my income in vkyc, as it is must for sapphiro eligibility.Got another call for verification on 2nd day of vkyc completion. all process was done in 5days.. now waiting for card delivery.

Krishna Kumar

TF Premier
Why doctors are never involves in any of banks credit card under any alumni offer. Don't mention about doctors regalia or doctors SBI card. Y doctors are never considered for any privileges and benefits

Is it because that the banks have also labelled doctors as that section of society who should not earn much, just like Mr. bachan commented (if you want to earn you could do many other things. Not as a doctor).

Don't we/they deserve anything for the work we/they do. Is our/their work miniscule as compared to your typical entertainers like cricketers, movie stars, or IITians and IIMians.

No money, no respect, no privilege no inclusion under any alumni program..

(Pls do not echo what Mr. Bachan said).
Completely agree with you. Never seen any bank offering perks for doctors/medical professionals. The entire community has been untouched :(

viswanath.t

TF Select
Contributor
if i apply for addon,will they also receive dual card's!?
and can they also use lounge without primary cardholder with their addon card?

BeingIncog

TF Ace
Hi guys, I just got approved for dual variant card. I wanted to know if I can take a guest (spouse) along with me for international lounge (since I have two cards and 2 accesses each) or will they restrict the access only to card holders? If so, can I apply for LTF add on card for my spouse that can provide lounge access? How does this work? Kindly help.
@monika vega . . .. .