• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank account upgrade issue!

romilq

TF Ace
So I upgraded my 0 MAB account to Gold Privilege account which has 50k MAB through mobile app. The MAB shows as 50k in account now. It was earlier 0 MAB being shown. The service request raised in the app though shows that Silver Privilege programme and it has been accepted. But in app there was an option to upgrade to Gold, Magnum and Titanium only from which I chose Gold. Silver was not even in option. Also instead of Gold debit card, they have reissued the same SmartShopper Silver debit card which I was already holding. What the heck is going on here ? The Silver one is 25k MAB one. I didn't choose it. In fact that was not even in options. I upgraded as I wanted to use ICICI as main account and anyways I am maintaining 2 lakh plus for offers.

romilq

TF Ace
Seriously! ICICI need just income proof to offer the card. Are you salaried or business?

If Salaried, check below (working method for more than 2 years now) link.

If Business/self, check with branch CC department and look for the options (no account needed).

100% sure, ICICI CC doesn't need to maintain bank account to get the offers (there are other banks where we have to do this but not ICICI) and not worth the effort for their cards. People prefer ICICI account for easy access to many features through online itself without visiting branch and somewhat good support, not for CC.
I have all major CCs. Only ICICI is remaining which has been rejected thrice now for unknown reasons. I need it only for bank offers. My money would be lying in some other bank if not ICICI then why not just use ICICI bank and try to get a pre-approved offer. In my village my friends who don't have a job yet and some who do farming have the ICICI card. But somehow I keep getting rejected :D