• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSBC Visa Platinum vs Smart Value

nitrogenSingh

TF Premier
TF Family
Please share your opinion which is better Hsbc visa platinum or smart value credit card?
As i am thinking of applying for the card. Since both of them are LTF. Please share your opinion as you like?

Last edited:

nitrogenSingh

TF Premier
TF Family
Both are basic cards.

Visa platinum: 2x for every 150 (each reward point varies from 0.15 to 0.30ps).

Best for: Air miles conversion and spends greater than 4L.

Smart Value: 3x for every 100 for Online, dining and telecom. 1x for other.

Best for: Those who delays credit card payments (not at all suggested) because of dynamic APR and who spends mostly in above categories.

Again, these cards not even comparable if you have any other bank cashback cards.

Out of these two, Visa platinum preferred.

Suggestion: Take HSBC cashback card.
- HSBC Offers.
- First year free.
- Amazon 5% offer upto 5000/month.
- If you apply online, you'll get something around 1000rs. gift vouchers.

So, basically it is free for 2 years to experience HSBC service and after that you can analyze again based on your requirements.
Thank you for your response. Since i just want the hsbc card as a secondary card only for offers. Will go with platinum card.

rjsudeep

TF Premier
Please share your opinion which is better Hsbc visa platinum or smart value credit card?
As i am thinking of applying for the card. Since both of them are LTF. Please share your opinion as you like?
How did you manage to get these as LTF. I see a paid option on the site, and even then I got rejected despite good credit history and cibil.