• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to upgrade IDFC First Credit Card?

nirsark

TF Premier
Those using IDFC First Credit Card and have successfully upgraded it, kindly let us know your journey.

Things that will help are:

1. Old IDFC CC variant and limit.
2. New IDFC CC variant and limit.
3. How many months did you use old cc before you got an upgrade?
4. Anyone holding a select/wealth account will he get an instant upgrade of IDFC CC to select/wealth?
5. Any other process of getting a smooth upgrade.

etc.

hriday.haria

TF Premier
Those using IDFC First Credit Card and have successfully upgraded it, kindly let us know your journey.

Things that will help are:

1. Old IDFC CC variant and limit.
2. New IDFC CC variant and limit.
3. How many months did you use old cc before you got an upgrade?
4. Anyone holding a select/wealth account will he get an instant upgrade of IDFC CC to select/wealth?
5. Any other process of getting a smooth upgrade.

etc.
I have been trying since a few months and they said they do not simply have the feature of card variant upgrade currently.

mukundstud

TF Premier
Hello,

I can answer on point no. 4

No. There is no linkage between Credit Card Variant and Bank Account Variant.

Credit Card depends on personal financials credit score etc and independent of type of account.

Confirmed with BM, RM
I second you. I called the customer care as a Select Wealth Account holder to enquire on this. They were not able to offer me a Select Credit Card despite being written on the IDFC's web page that IDFC Select Wealth AC Holders are pre-qualified for it. In fact, the executive also didn't even know that IDFC CCs can be applied on card to card basis. She just recommended me to apply for CC thru IDFC online portal and it will show which card I am eligible for. But since I applied for the card before in December and was rejected, she also told me to wait for 6 months. I think IDFC has not updated its back end to link Select Account holders with Select credit card eligibility.

alanabraham

TF Premier
I second you. I called the customer care as a Select Wealth Account holder to enquire on this. They were not able to offer me a Select Credit Card despite being written on the IDFC's web page that IDFC Select Wealth AC Holders are pre-qualified for it. In fact, the executive also didn't even know that IDFC CCs can be applied on card to card basis. She just recommended me to apply for CC thru IDFC online portal and it will show which card I am eligible for. But since I applied for the card before in December and was rejected, she also told me to wait for 6 months. I think IDFC has not updated its back end to link Select Account holders with Select credit card eligibility.
Since it's pre-qualified for Select Wealth A/C holders, there is no guarantee that it can be issued. I believe they look some other criteria as well.

mukundstud

TF Premier
Since it's pre-qualified for Select Wealth A/C holders, there is no guarantee that it can be issued. I believe they look some other criteria as well.
I know pre-qualification does not guarantee approval. But it makes you eligible to apply for a particular card. The bank did not even let me apply for the Select Variant card. They asked me to apply through online portal, which is the normal process.

nirsark

TF Premier
How much AMB we have to maintain for Wealth Program?
I talked with my IDFC branch RM. They said that it is literally in their hands. If you have good relationship with the bank they will be happy to give you Wealth even with some shortfalls.

I am giving the fine print:

Select = 3L
Wealth = 10L
Private = 50L

For all details, Check @TechnoFino ’s Video on IDFC High Networth Banking Programs:

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Going through all the post here are my submission if you all are looking for a IDFC Wealth Credit Card:-

1. Forget what account you do have & how much balance you maintain in that also don't run after any RM.
2. Just follow the normal online process and apply for a Credit Card through another Credit Card which is having a decent limit at least 5,00,000+
3. Most probably you will be given the Card provided that you have an outstanding Credit History.

I followed this & got their Wealth Credit Card in first shot with a limit as high as 9,28,000. I don't hold any account with them.

nirsark

TF Premier
Going through all the post here are my submission if you all are looking for a IDFC Wealth Credit Card:-

1. Forget what account you do have & how much balance you maintain in that also don't run after any RM.
2. Just follow the normal online process and apply for a Credit Card through another Credit Card which is having a decent limit at least 5,00,000+
3. Most probably you will be given the Card provided that you have an outstanding Credit History.

I followed this & got their Wealth Credit Card in first shot with a limit as high as 9,28,000. I don't hold any account with them.
Nice one, but it requires you to have a credit card with 5L limit already. :cry:

chacks18

TF Select
I'm having a IDFC 10k Savings account since October-2021, and by February I received a pre-approved offer for first millennia with limit of just 40k. Since, it was my first ever unsecured credit card, I accepted that offer and proceeded.
I want to share my personal experience here-
Once I tried to ask my CIBIL related queries via mail. I remember, I didn't get any proper response and my case somehow got escalated that I received a call from one of their upper level team executive (I dont know what exact position she told me, but some kinda senior level) . And while talking to her, I got to know that she's got some serious level of knowledge based on her answers to my queries. I just honestly told her that I was unaware of the enquiries being made with the applications for Flipkart pay later and OlaMoney postpaid+. Also after this enquiry related queries, I asked in general in a very unorthodox way related to my credit card scene. She told me, at this time bank is not providing any kind of limit or variant upgrades to existing customers and is currently working on to implement these features to their card services. She also advised me to utilize as max as I can, even should go to the fullest, to be eligible for limit upgrade as it will be a key-point for limit upgrade. But for card variant upgrade she told me that currently no one from their team has any idea regarding the same.

I want to add that, Even after explaining how I've given consent for the credit enquiries with Flipkart and Ola, She actually unexpectedly helped me with the rectification of these enquiries which she told me will be considered as an exceptional case (God bless her).
It is actually my personal decision to trust her with that max utilization for limit upgrade thing, as I believe that she wont be giving any false information intentionally, Because she was in no hurry to close my case and and hang up the call, instead she was so calm and so understandable like a teacher, she kept listening & answered my each and every query even when she wasn't supposed to; I guess, cause primarily this was not anyhow related to the request I raised with the email. I've never ever experienced such kinda customer service from any other bank or even a company I'd say.
I wish we get to see more of such people in customer service.

P.S. - Trust me, usually, I just do not butter things up and also hate typing this long but I guess its worth it.

Last edited:

alanabraham

TF Premier
I'm having a IDFC 10k Savings account since October-2021, and by February I received a pre-approved offer for first millennia with limit of just 40k. Since, it was my first ever unsecured credit card, I accepted that offer and proceeded.
I want to share my personal experience here-
Once I tried to ask my CIBIL related queries via mail. I remember, I didn't get any proper response and my case somehow got escalated that I received a call from one of their upper level team executive (I dont know what exact position she told me, but some kinda senior level) . And while talking to her, I got to know that she's got some serious level of knowledge based on her answers to my queries. I just honestly told her that I was unaware of the enquiries being made with the applications for Flipkart pay later and OlaMoney postpaid+. Also after this enquiry related queries, I asked in general in a very unorthodox way related to my credit card scene. She told me, at this time bank is not providing any kind of limit or variant upgrades to existing customers and is currently working on to implement these features to their card services. She also advised me to utilize as max as I can, even should go to the fullest, to be eligible for limit upgrade as it will be a key-point for limit upgrade. But for card variant upgrade she told me that currently no one from their team has any idea regarding the same.

I want to add that, Even after explaining how I've given consent for the credit enquiries with Flipkart and Ola, She actually unexpectedly helped me with the rectification of these enquiries which she told me will be considered as an exceptional case (God bless her).
It is actually my personal decision to trust her with that max utilization for limit upgrade thing, as I believe that she wont be giving any false information intentionally, Because she was in no hurry to close my case and and hang up the call, instead she was so calm and so understandable like a teacher, she kept listening & answered my each and every query even when she wasn't supposed to; I guess, cause primarily this was not anyhow related to the request I raised with the email. I've never ever experienced such kinda customer service from any other bank or even a company I'd say.
I wish we get to see more of such people in customer service.

P.S. - Trust me, usually, I just do not butter things up and also hate typing this long but I guess its worth it.
Yes. Even I got a call from customer care when I raised a request for LE & Card upgrading, the executive told me that these features are not live yet with IDFC. And they don't have any intimation regarding the TAT on this.

fatehbajwa

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Doesn't work because the moment I input the PAN number, name an DOB, it automatically takes me to the Select variant.
No chance to submit other card statement which has 11L limit. :(