• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to improve relationship with HDFC Bank with a salary account

navonline7

TF Premier
I recently opened a HDFC Bank salary account primarily to get an HDFC CC. I did get an LTF Regalia. Are there several variants of salary account in HDFC Bank? My RM doesn't seem to have any idea and keeps saying that since I have the Easyshop Platinum debit card, I have a top variant salary account.

My questions:
  • Since I got my Regalia CC as a preapproved LTF card along with my salary account, will my CC be considered for LEs and card upgrades in the future? I'm aiming for the Infinia CC and routing all my spends through the Regalia currently, so I want to be sure that my CC will be eligible for LEs and card upgrades like any other CC that is given to customers without salary accounts.
  • Does maintaining high balance is salary accounts makes sense? I want to improve my relationship with HDFC Bank and I'm ready to maintain a high balance in my salary account and start an RD as well, which I'm already doing with another bank. Does doing all this improve my relationship with the bank or am I better off having a separate HDFC Bank account to improve relationship? I do have a IDFCFirst account that I'm planning to close and move all the monies to my HDFC Bank salary account.
P.S. Sorry for the long post.
@TechnoFino

Last edited:

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
As far as i know icici and axis has only privialge for salary account holders to issue LTF i hold salary account with HDFC for 10 years i have not seen even a single CC benifit, I just moved my salalry account for ICICI i got two credit cards LTF and even got a One salary card..

navonline7

TF Premier
As far as i know icici and axis has only privialge for salary account holders to issue LTF i hold salary account with HDFC for 10 years i have not seen even a single CC benifit, I just moved my salalry account for ICICI i got two credit cards LTF and even got a One salary card..
Well I did get the Regalia as an LTF with my HDFC Bank salary account. On the contrary, I moved my salary account from ICICI to HDFC because I didn't see any value in maintaining neither a salary account nor getting any of the ICICI's CCs, except the APay card.

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Well I did get the Regalia as an LTF with my HDFC Bank salary account. On the contrary, I moved my salary account from ICICI to HDFC because I didn't see any value in maintaining neither a salary account nor getting any of the ICICI's CCs, except the APay card.
I do agree..Am not sure in my case might be am part of the development and implementation team of HDFC ..With ICICI you need to move your account to one salary account you will for sure get any one gem card LTF

navonline7

TF Premier
I do agree..Am not sure in my case might be am part of the development and implementation team of HDFC ..With ICICI you need to move your account to one salary account you will for sure get any one gem card LTF
yeah, I might have got one of those cards, but the issue is with the cards itself in the form of paltry reward rates

chdguy1980

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
@Pavan which two ICICI cards did you get as LTF?

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I recently opened a HDFC Bank salary account primarily to get an HDFC CC. I did get an LTF Regalia. Are there several variants of salary account in HDFC Bank? My RM doesn't seem to have any idea and keeps saying that since I have the Easyshop Platinum debit card, I have a top variant salary account.

My questions:
  • Since I got my Regalia CC as a preapproved LTF card along with my salary account, will my CC be considered for LEs and card upgrades in the future? I'm aiming for the Infinia CC and routing all my spends through the Regalia currently, so I want to be sure that my CC will be eligible for LEs and card upgrades like any other CC that is given to customers without salary accounts.
  • Does maintaining high balance is salary accounts makes sense? I want to improve my relationship with HDFC Bank and I'm ready to maintain a high balance in my salary account and start an RD as well, which I'm already doing with another bank. Does doing all this improve my relationship with the bank or am I better off having a separate HDFC Bank account to improve relationship? I do have a IDFCFirst account that I'm planning to close and move all the monies to my HDFC Bank salary account.
@TechnoFino
Depending on your salary level, you can get mapped to any of their HNI banking program like Classic, Preferred or Imperia. And yes, sometime based on the monthly salary level, you may get good credit card offers from them.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Depending on your salary level, you can get mapped to any of their HNI banking program like Classic, Preferred or Imperia. And yes, sometime based on the monthly salary level, you may get good credit card offers from them.
are you sure about that? When i talked with the branch manager, he told me that I need to maintain the required balance for classic/preferred. Currently I have premium salary account.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
are you sure about that? When i talked with the branch manager, he told me that I need to maintain the required balance for classic/preferred. Currently I have premium salary account.
This is what the branch person told me when I opened my HDFC bank account. These are all just banking programs and not really account levels. But since I don't have salary account, I don't know whether it is true. However, I know ICICI Bank operates this way for programs like privilege and wealth for salary accounts.

Gautham

TF Premier
Can't be more true. I wonder why hdfc treat people differently. Are we at the bad end of their CC algorithm?

Gautham

TF Premier
Not really sure ..hope they improves
I lost hope. One of my family members get hdfc cc means I will close mine. If SCB bank offers Ultimate for salary ac/Good TRV holders means, I will switch in a minute. Too bad I made it difficult to close my account by setting up too many mandates and linked to many MF sites.

Pramtesh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

My questions:
@TechnoFino

Once you get unconditional LTF. It will remain LTF forever.
Yes. You will be eligible for LE and upg also
And maintaining balance in account will help you to get Infinia more faster.

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin

My questions:
@TechnoFino
there are few salary account variants available from HDFC Bank.
1. yes
2. open a savings ac with them as well and maintain fund in that account. and yes, FD RD can increase your NRV with hdfc.

AsB

TF Ace
Trust me, you can never satisfy a bank with any relationship. The more you give (investment, FD , RD, insurance), the more they will want. You should better approach your branch directly, or change the account altogether.
Also, doing more transactions (Money in the account ,UPI, Debit Card), can get you a Credit Card , lot faster than any other relationship, as CCs are provided mostly by the Automated System which track your transactions.