• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

• 723fb80a-2dde-42a3-9793-7ae1be57c87f-2.pdf
    267.7 KB · Views: 6,144
Last edited:

catcat

TF Select
Has anyone got an LTF variant for DCB of late? Just spoke to my RM and she says that the offer for IIM alumni is also not there. Should I try via their email addresses?

bdasultan

TF Buzz
Difficult, you can try requesting them.
Ok a little update. They rejected the previous upgrade request, so I shifted my spends to a non-HDFC card and waited. I recently got a LE offer of 8.86 lakhs from the previous 6.86. I accepted and requested for Infinia again and was denied again. Now my question is - should I get the FYF DCB and hope for a LE/upgrade offer to Infinia next year OR keep my LTF Regalia, wait for a LE to 10 lakh and apply again? I'm pretty confused between the two. Thanks in advance!

starlord

TF Buzz
Just 3 days back I got upgrade from DCB paid to DCB LTF under Alumni programme
What mail did you sent. I was denied by the grievance team.

" We regret to inform you that we are unable to review your request for conversion of your existing Diners Black card with life time free option as the same is only eligible for fresh card issuance. "

dapatale

TF Select
Ok a little update. They rejected the previous upgrade request, so I shifted my spends to a non-HDFC card and waited. I recently got a LE offer of 8.86 lakhs from the previous 6.86. I accepted and requested for Infinia again and was denied again. Now my question is - should I get the FYF DCB and hope for a LE/upgrade offer to Infinia next year OR keep my LTF Regalia, wait for a LE to 10 lakh and apply again? I'm pretty confused between the two. Thanks in advance!
Better wait for LE to 10 lakh and then apply for upgrade to INFINIA.

dapatale

TF Select
What mail did you sent. I was denied by the grievance team.

" We regret to inform you that we are unable to review your request for conversion of your existing Diners Black card with life time free option as the same is only eligible for fresh card issuance. "
pls find attached image

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-15-13-22-53-518_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-15-13-22-53-518_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 132

tsj49

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I want to upgrade from DCB (holding for 3 years) to Infinia, I emailed to hdfc grievance but they quickly responded as below :
We take this opportunity to inform you that the Infinia card is being issued to limited customer on an invitation basis only. Having said this, we have taken note of your interest and shall keep you informed when the product is offered for wider range of customers.

Also we wish to clarify that minimum 3.5 Lakhs monthly salary is required to upgrade your existing card to a Infinia card account.

Inorder to review your request, kindly forward the duly filled in form along with the self-attested income / supporting documents accompanied with a signed letter to the below mentioned address.
Is this happening for other folks as well?
My current CL is 9.24L and last year spends were more than 13.5L.
Income criteria is not meeting now. Anyway to get this upgrade?

I want to upgrade from DCB (holding for 3 years) to Infinia, I emailed to hdfc grievance but they quickly responded as below :

I recently got Upgraded from Regalia to Infinia. Had a limit of 8 Lacs.

The whole timeline was in last week of November I got an offer for DCB FYF upgrade in Netbanking. I did not want a DCB but wanted Infinia. I spoke to my RM about the upgrade to Infinia. He told it could be possible even though the limit expected is 10 lacs as he had got it done to another customer with similar limit as mine. He asked me to send a mail to the customerservices.cards and CC him. As I had expected the upgrade was rejected.

In the mail where they rejected they had not mentioned any particular reason. Just they said we cannot provide and upgrade right now. There was link in the mail saying if you are not satisfies with the resolution you can escalate the issue. So, using that I asked for the reasons of denial and told that my spending in Regalia was good and also mentioned the other CC I have and the spending in the last year on those. After a week I got a reply saying for further investigation they asked me to share the statement of other CC. So, I sent statement of my Yes Exclusive, Amex MRCC and added my latest salary slip too which had a few bonuses so the salary was high but nowhere near the 3.5 lacs monthly salary they mentioned. After a few days got a mail saying that we have decided to offer a FYF Infinia card and asked me to send the upgrade form. Sent the form on 11th December and received the card on 19th December.

tsj49

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently got Upgraded from Regalia to Infinia. Had a limit of 8 Lacs.

The whole timeline was in last week of November I got an offer for DCB FYF upgrade in Netbanking. I did not want a DCB but wanted Infinia. I spoke to my RM about the upgrade to Infinia. He told it could be possible even though the limit expected is 10 lacs as he had got it done to another customer with similar limit as mine. He asked me to send a mail to the customerservices.cards and CC him. As I had expected the upgrade was rejected.

In the mail where they rejected they had not mentioned any particular reason. Just they said we cannot provide and upgrade right now. There was link in the mail saying if you are not satisfies with the resolution you can escalate the issue. So, using that I asked for the reasons of denial and told that my spending in Regalia was good and also mentioned the other CC I have and the spending in the last year on those. After a week I got a reply saying for further investigation they asked me to share the statement of other CC. So, I sent statement of my Yes Exclusive, Amex MRCC and added my latest salary slip too which had a few bonuses so the salary was high but nowhere near the 3.5 lacs monthly salary they mentioned. After a few days got a mail saying that we have decided to offer a FYF Infinia card and asked me to send the upgrade form. Sent the form on 11th December and received the card on 19th December.
Thanks for sharing the experience. In my case, I had already shared the CL and spends amount in the first email (grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com) itself only.
Also, in the reply email, the same email id was mentioned (grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com) for the escalation as below.
If you are not satisfied with the resolution, you may write to our Grievance Redressal Officer Mr. Shanmugasundar R at HDFC Bank Cards Division, 8, Lattice Bridge Road, Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai-600041 or E-mail at grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com .Alternatively, you can call our grievance cell at Tel: 044- 61084900.

Max

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

I had a similar experience to yours, and I took a similar path as @suhas.gopal.

Please do respond / escalate respectfully with data like he did - and hope for a better outcome. Your last year spends are close but to qualify (what I have seen elsewhere on the forum and in my own case of an upgrade to Infinia) - last 6 month spends of 8L+ are needed, along with 10L CL.

Alternatively, if you have exhausted escalations and aren't offered Infinia, I suggest you request a CLE to 10L+ (which should be likely) . Then establish a spend pattern over the next 6 months and request again.

viveksingh1005

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I had a similar experience to yours, and I took a similar path as @suhas.gopal.

Please do respond / escalate respectfully with data like he did - and hope for a better outcome. Your last year spends are close but to qualify (what I have seen elsewhere on the forum and in my own case of an upgrade to Infinia) - last 6 month spends of 8L+ are needed, along with 10L CL.

Alternatively, if you have exhausted escalations and aren't offered Infinia, I suggest you request a CLE to 10L+ (which should be likely) . Then establish a spend pattern over the next 6 months and request again.
is there any easy way to find the total spend without going through individual credit crd statements ?